Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 45428 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2021, 03:29:56 AM »
Interesting combination of messages:

I had shipped the exact number of prefabs needed to Luna. But that somehow still triggered the warning message - and then finished the construction nevertheless... .

Here is the DB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing
Do you have a backup from right before this occurred?  You can enable auto-backups in the Quasar4x Settings window
Unfortunately no. I'll try to replicate and send you the before-DB.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 03:05:43 PM »
I had four Reserve Units - and without being at war one was dissolved into some other unit. DB and lastDB are attached in the zip file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 07:50:13 PM »
I had four Reserve Units - and without being at war one was dissolved into some other unit. DB and lastDB are attached in the zip file.

Your empire is in debt, reducing its Economic Production Modifier below 100%.  When this happens your ground units slowly start to lose Readiness.  Your reserve units are being consumed to replenish this lost readiness back to 100%.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »
Oh, that is new... well... there a way you could add that information into a warning?

On second thought: is that making sense because one still has to pay for maintaining these troops. Feels like double punishment if the readyness is taken away by empire dept... . Wonder what the original thinking of Steve was to implement it that way.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2021, 06:12:43 PM »
Oh, that is new... well... there a way you could add that information into a warning?

It shouldn't be new.  If VB6 does it differently I can change it.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2021, 02:58:11 AM »
Here's a larger sample size.  Looks like similar results to me, if anything planets are a little lighter in quasar.

Must have just gotten unlucky. Sorry for the bother.

Sector size isn't being calculated correctly in the assign system to sector window. My capital has size 10 radius 4 sector capital, but it is treated as radius 9.

Edit: wow, there is more going on than I realized. When I was previewing the post I noticed that the name for the capital doesn't match. The name should be Kleczanow. The name displayed in the name for the body for a different race (I have 2 races that can see the system). Database attached just in case.

Colony cost from dangerous gases isn't being calculated properly. In fact it seems to be stacking. An example is shown below. A planet has temperature colony cost below 2 and two dangerous gases resulting in an atmosphere with colony cost 4. I'm pretty sure it would have been 3 in Aurora as the gases are supposed to increase minimum colony cost (similar to non-breathable atmosphere) instead of adding a cost to it.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 03:03:09 AM by Haji »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2021, 05:04:48 AM »
Yeah, I meant, never recognised it in VB6 - though I don't recall being in a deficit there very often. Therefore new to me ;-)
I wouldn't change it per se. It might have a well based reason which is not obvious right now. We should take a look into the complete mechanics here. Ground Units usually don't cost training and maintenance when they are inside a PDC. Maybe that is a reason why Steve did this in the first place. Or we should ask him for the background of this mechanic. I guess it is still in C# also?!? Does he read here in this part of the forum?

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »
Yeah, I meant, never recognised it in VB6 - though I don't recall being in a deficit there very often. Therefore new to me ;-)
I wouldn't change it per se. It might have a well based reason which is not obvious right now. We should take a look into the complete mechanics here. Ground Units usually don't cost training and maintenance when they are inside a PDC. Maybe that is a reason why Steve did this in the first place. Or we should ask him for the background of this mechanic. I guess it is still in C# also?!? Does he read here in this part of the forum?

Aha!  There's the bug.  Ground units inside PDC's still had maintenance cost when they should have been free.  This is fixed in version 161 which is available now.

This should ease your debt problems, and stop those replacements from being gobbled up. 

When ground units are *not* in PDCs, I think it makes sense for replacements to being consumed to fill the readiness loss caused by the debt.  "Readiness" is flexible for RP purposes.  I think of it as, among other explanations, vehicles breaking down, uniforms getting torn, and the reserve stockpiles being raided for replacement parts.

Also, note that the maintenance cost of ground units is multiplied by their readiness, so as their readiness falls, they become cheaper to maintain. 

Sector size isn't being calculated correctly in the assign system to sector window. My capital has size 10 radius 4 sector capital, but it is treated as radius 9.

Edit: wow, there is more going on than I realized. When I was previewing the post I noticed that the name for the capital doesn't match. The name should be Kleczanow. The name displayed in the name for the body for a different race (I have 2 races that can see the system). Database attached just in case.

Fixed in version 161 which is available now. 

Found and fixed a few other bugs while investigating these, take a look at the patch notes if you're interested

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:29:45 AM by Kyle »

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler, AJS1956

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2021, 01:37:03 AM »
Found and fixed a few other bugs while investigating these, take a look at the patch notes if you're interested

That escalated quickly. Thank you for finding them.
Unfortunately there seem to be more problems related to interconnection. I'm currently playing 2 empires and their galactic maps are synced. If I change one map the other one is changed automatically making it impossible to create custom maps for different races.
Edit: I just noticed that moons are not being listed in the order of distance from the star. It can be seen on the same screenshot I provided for the colony cost bug. The first colony candidate moon has number 14 and is fifteen million kilometers from the parent body, the second candidate has number 19 and is only six hundred thousand kilometers from the gas giant.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 03:41:54 AM by Haji »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2021, 04:47:43 AM »

That escalated quickly. Thank you for finding them.
Unfortunately there seem to be more problems related to interconnection. I'm currently playing 2 empires and their galactic maps are synced. If I change one map the other one is changed automatically making it impossible to create custom maps for different races.
Edit: I just noticed that moons are not being listed in the order of distance from the star. It can be seen on the same screenshot I provided for the colony cost bug. The first colony candidate moon has number 14 and is fifteen million kilometers from the parent body, the second candidate has number 19 and is only six hundred thousand kilometers from the gas giant.

Both bugs fixed in version 162, available now.

The fix to moon ordering isn't retroactive because it takes more than a 1-liner to change all the names, and game logs and fleet history text would still contain the old names/numbers of the moons

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2021, 01:51:44 AM »
V163: I have a planet with 5 Mines but they are inactive - though "Manned Mines" in the civilian tab is not blocked. What is blocked though are "Fuel Refineries", "Ordnance Factories", "Fighter Factories" and "Maintenance Facilities". Maybe there is a mixup in your code? Though there are "Mine Workers" in the Breakdown. Maybe it is just a glitch in the summary display?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 01:53:36 AM by TMaekler »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:10 AM »
V163: I have a planet with 5 Mines but they are inactive - though "Manned Mines" in the civilian tab is not blocked. What is blocked though are "Fuel Refineries", "Ordnance Factories", "Fighter Factories" and "Maintenance Facilities". Maybe there is a mixup in your code? Though there are "Mine Workers" in the Breakdown. Maybe it is just a glitch in the summary display?

Can you send me your save file?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2021, 12:12:10 PM »

Here we go. A little later in the game (6 mines there now). Planet Name: Snowden (Base)

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2021, 05:41:41 PM »

Here we go. A little later in the game (6 mines there now). Planet Name: Snowden (Base)

Thanks!  This is fixed in 164 which is available now

I believe 164 will also fix the issue you had with shipping prefabs, and also fixes similar potential issues with shipping of any cargo, ordnance, colonists etc.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:32:23 PM by Kyle »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2021, 12:11:10 AM »
I had tested prefabs recently and it had worked. But good to know that you found something there  ;)