Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 45507 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »
When transferring parts of Research Facilities I think VB6 Aurora didn't send you a warning of unused Research Labs (in this case parts of them). Maybe you can only send this warning if a complete RL is free, not a fraction?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2021, 02:31:15 PM »
I have transferred 1 Research Lab to Luna. Now both Earth and Luna are confused about free Research Labs and don't want to use the RLs correctly. I looked in the DB and the numbers of RLs are exact - 21.0 on Earth, 1.0 on Luna. Any idea what is going on here?

Here is the DB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YoMjmy6tOY_CJK4bmNu4GVzG4NxvTVF4/view

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2021, 06:33:52 PM »
A VB6 parity thing, also, is that the Signature Detection Range option doesn't seem to apply to populations.

When transferring parts of Research Facilities I think VB6 Aurora didn't send you a warning of unused Research Labs (in this case parts of them). Maybe you can only send this warning if a complete RL is free, not a fraction?

I have transferred 1 Research Lab to Luna. Now both Earth and Luna are confused about free Research Labs and don't want to use the RLs correctly. I looked in the DB and the numbers of RLs are exact - 21.0 on Earth, 1.0 on Luna. Any idea what is going on here?

Here is the DB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YoMjmy6tOY_CJK4bmNu4GVzG4NxvTVF4/view

Fixed in version 153, which is now available

The following users thanked this post: iceball3, TMaekler

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2021, 05:40:55 AM »
Changing position of jump points in the System Generation and Display window appears to be working. However there is no change on the system map.

Something weird is going on with lagrange points. This isn't just the matter of representation on the map, the game really sees them there. Database attached just in case. Fresh install, new game, version 1.53, non-real stars, Linux.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 06:03:10 AM by Haji »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2021, 05:09:20 PM »
Changing position of jump points in the System Generation and Display window appears to be working. However there is no change on the system map.

Fixed in version 155.  If a similar issue occurs in another area, you can hit the refresh button on the F3 window as a temporary workaround

Something weird is going on with lagrange points. This isn't just the matter of representation on the map, the game really sees them there. Database attached just in case. Fresh install, new game, version 1.53, non-real stars, Linux.

Fixed in version 155.  It will correct itself in the next orbital movement.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »
V156: I can't refit a ship that has no orders in its task group. See picture and DB. Bug or am I missing something?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gj4E1x6RER0w39gI3Jazv5K07rgZAtpW/view?usp=sharing

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2021, 06:20:50 PM »
V156: I can't refit a ship that has no orders in its task group. See picture and DB. Bug or am I missing something?

I believe I already have this fixed in version 157.  I went ahead and released version 157 just now.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2021, 11:53:13 AM »
V157: I have queued a racial tech on one planet but it still shows as being researchable on other planets.

Also a loaded construction brigade does not change the number of loaded battalions in the fleet view.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:34:27 PM by TMaekler »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2021, 11:18:13 AM »
"Add New Label" in System View doesn't seem to create new Labels.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »
Created a new engine with already researched tech and prototyped it. Cannot research it now because it is labeled as Future Prototype:

DB here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2021, 11:56:36 PM »
V157: I have queued a racial tech on one planet but it still shows as being researchable on other planets.

Same as VB6.  Additionally, if a scientist automatically starts researching something from the queue, it will be removed from the queues of all other populations.

Also a loaded construction brigade does not change the number of loaded battalions in the fleet view.

I'm not seeing a bug in the screenshot.  Remember that construction brigades are large.. they take up 5 battalions worth of space.

"Add New Label" in System View doesn't seem to create new Labels.

I put this off because VB6 lets you pick an arbitrary font and size from an operating system dialog, which I can't do in the OS-independent engine I use, it has to be pre-imported.  I can't even arbitrarily scale a font in-game.  I'll need to find a decent font and size or two, and that will have to suffice for every label.

Created a new engine with already researched tech and prototyped it. Cannot research it now because it is labeled as Future Prototype

Fixed in next version, coming in an hour or so

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2021, 03:32:59 AM »
I'm not seeing a bug in the screenshot.  Remember that construction brigades are large.. they take up 5 battalions worth of space.
It says 0/5 Battalions. Should it not say 5/5?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »
Interesting combination of messages:

I had shipped the exact number of prefabs needed to Luna. But that somehow still triggered the warning message - and then finished the construction nevertheless... .

Here is the DB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T38uRG6iwWrGgB98wdfSFMlGnIjt6Mfz/view?usp=sharing

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2021, 05:07:00 AM »
I'm still using 1.56 but I haven't seen this addressed in patch notes.
I cannot take a screenshot for this as attempting to do so collapses the menu. Task Groups->History & Officers & Misc->Set task group position (SM Only). Systems in the drop dawn menu are in order of discovery not in the alphabetical order. I'm pretty sure it was different in Aurora. Even if it wasn't I'm using the option quite often so I would appreciate if it was in alphabetical order otherwise it will be almost impossible to use once the game gets large.

Edit: I think there is something wrong with gravity planet generation, at least for non-real stars. Here are the statistics for fourteen system (taken for terrestrial planets with temperature above -100C, moons are not included):
Gravity 4 or more - 3
Gravity 3 to 3.99 - 4
Gravity 2 to 2.99 - 18
Gravity 1 to 1.99 - 5
Gravity 0.3 to 1 - 3
I know this isn't a great sample size, but the planets with gravity between 2 and 2.99 outnumber all others combined which seems a little iffy to me. For that matter Mars/Mercury type bodies are almost nonexistent except as moons.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 05:29:36 AM by Haji »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2021, 12:25:47 PM »
It says 0/5 Battalions. Should it not say 5/5?
Nope, it's showing remaining capacity. Check VB6.

Interesting combination of messages:

I had shipped the exact number of prefabs needed to Luna. But that somehow still triggered the warning message - and then finished the construction nevertheless... .

Here is the DB:

Do you have a backup from right before this occurred?  You can enable auto-backups in the Quasar4x Settings window

I'm still using 1.56 but I haven't seen this addressed in patch notes.
I cannot take a screenshot for this as attempting to do so collapses the menu. Task Groups->History & Officers & Misc->Set task group position (SM Only). Systems in the drop dawn menu are in order of discovery not in the alphabetical order. I'm pretty sure it was different in Aurora. Even if it wasn't I'm using the option quite often so I would appreciate if it was in alphabetical order otherwise it will be almost impossible to use once the game gets large.

Alphabetized it for the next version

Edit: I think there is something wrong with gravity planet generation, at least for non-real stars. Here are the statistics for fourteen system (taken for terrestrial planets with temperature above -100C, moons are not included):
Gravity 4 or more - 3
Gravity 3 to 3.99 - 4
Gravity 2 to 2.99 - 18
Gravity 1 to 1.99 - 5
Gravity 0.3 to 1 - 3
I know this isn't a great sample size, but the planets with gravity between 2 and 2.99 outnumber all others combined which seems a little iffy to me.

Here's a larger sample size.  Looks like similar results to me, if anything planets are a little lighter in quasar.

A4X:

Q4X:

Mars/Mercury type bodies are almost nonexistent except as moons.

I believe the same holds true in Aurora VB6. 

I attached both databases I used to generate the screenshots above if you want to do more poking around.  They contain around 3.7k systems each.  The Aurora database has been pre-converted to sqlite so it can be loaded in the sqlite db browser or in quasar4x itself.