Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 87355 times)

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2022, 03:43:33 AM »
Maybe reduce the "eldar" pirate spawn rate? or logic of spawn?

I've murdered dozens of them but they keep coming into Sol and slowing my game down (because I have to hunt them down).  They come every 15-30 days - 4-5 ships that I slaughter and repeat. 

I guess they are trying to salvage their own wrecks. . .  Maybe make them not spawn in same location after they have been wiped several times?

They are not a threat at all just slowing me down :(

I think a quick check to see if faction A has killed X number of fleets then they'll stop spawning for a while. That seems easiest I think.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2022, 04:28:25 AM »
Maybe reduce the "eldar" pirate spawn rate? or logic of spawn?

I've murdered dozens of them but they keep coming into Sol and slowing my game down (because I have to hunt them down).  They come every 15-30 days - 4-5 ships that I slaughter and repeat. 

I guess they are trying to salvage their own wrecks. . .  Maybe make them not spawn in same location after they have been wiped several times?

They are not a threat at all just slowing me down :(

If I understand the system (which I may not), they will keep coming in a system until you kill all raider ships currently in it.  At that point, their special gate to it closes and they will stop, unless/until they randomly choose the the same system for another gate.

So you've probably got some raider ships in Sol somewhere out of view - these keep the gate open, and more ships are jumping through regularly. If you can catch the hidden ships, you can stop the annoyance (and if you're just sick of it, the old trick of using SM mode to temporarily place 100,000 DSTs somewhere will find them).

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2022, 06:49:52 AM »
As far as I can tell, there's no way to see what the armor retardation value of an existing meson cannon is. Would be nice if that was displayed somewhere, especially when you reclaim some meson cannons from a ruin for example.

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, skoormit, nuclearslurpee

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2022, 04:45:46 PM »
It would be great if Civilian Ship Scrapped was an event type of its own so these wouldn't trigger an interrupt:

(apologies if already asked)

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, Vandermeer, superstrijder15, skoormit, nuclearslurpee

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2022, 06:43:03 AM »
Slightly similar to already proposed idea:
Crude shipyard - Have only 1/2 upgrade cost and time, but it has only 1/4 shipbuilding rate.

It would make production of superships easier, since you don't have to wait that much for shipyard to increase capacity.

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2022, 04:22:26 PM »
Make the "Order Delay" field accept the DDD:HH:MM:SS format.
So for 1 year you dont have to input "31536000" but instead can use "365:00:00:00".

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, superstrijder15, skoormit, Sebmono

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2022, 11:59:14 AM »
Make the "Order Delay" field accept the DDD:HH:MM:SS format.
So for 1 year you dont have to input "31536000" but instead can use "365:00:00:00".

That would be really nice. It could also be a more informal system, allowing inputs such as “365d” or “12m”

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2022, 01:39:49 AM »
You know, it would really be nice if the Format Template window had an Upgrade Elements button that examined each element in the selected template and checked to see if there is a better element type in the same series that it could replace it with. On finding one, it would replace the element with an equivalent mass of the new element type.

That would save a lot of clicking when we get a new racial armor or weapon strength level.

The following users thanked this post: DEEPenergy, Sebmono, nuclearslurpee

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2022, 10:26:47 AM »
You know, it would really be nice if the Format Template window had an Upgrade Elements button that examined each element in the selected template and checked to see if there is a better element type in the same series that it could replace it with. On finding one, it would replace the element with an equivalent mass of the new element type.

That would save a lot of clicking when we get a new racial armor or weapon strength level.

I will reiterate that I really think Templates should be built from Unit Series rather than plain unit types. Makes things a lot easier and I am sure that someone will chime in with an exception but I think in most cases it is the desired behavior.

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, mike2R, serger, DEEPenergy, Sebmono

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »
Yea, maybe. Makes getting the formation to the right size more difficult, since not every element in the series is necessarily the same size.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2022, 10:52:12 AM »
Yea, maybe. Makes getting the formation to the right size more difficult, since not every element in the series is necessarily the same size.

I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine most people keep the "unit" in a Unit Series the same design and just upgrade the tech level every time. In theory the Unit Series system offers the flexibility to upgrade from, say, a 62-ton VEH to 80-ton HVH main battle tank, just I don't think that flexibility is used very often.

Also it is worth pointing out, we already have this difficulty anyways if we use Unit Series for replacements (which is the original intended use case). Either way it basically is up to the player to adjust the formation accordingly, but I think it is much easier to just change the number on a couple of elements than to replace the entire formation with the next tech level of units.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2022, 12:03:23 PM »
Integrate the Naval Admin Command and Fleet Commander systems.

I feel that the fleet commander system is a bit underdeveloped, and at the same time we now have a great system of naval admin commands with automatic assignments and the promotion on demand system.

Why not merge the two into a unified Naval Command system?  Any fleet or subfleet that has at least one ship containing flag quarters, becomes a naval command and can have a commander assigned, manually or automatically, in the same way that naval admin commands work at present.  That commander provides bonuses in the same way that a naval admin command does.  If a commander is assigned, they pick from the available flag ships and are physically present on one of them.  If the fleet or subfleet no longer has a ship with flag quarters subordinate to it, the naval command is dissolved, with any subordinate commands reparenting to the next level up.

As well as bringing the automated assignment system to fleet commanders, this would give the possibility of a hierarchical fleet command using subfleets for those that want it (squadron commanders under division commanders under the fleet admiral). But in a way that only provides the same bonuses you can get at the moment out of nested admin commands, so people who don't want to bother with that aren't penalised.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:12:33 PM by mike2R »

The following users thanked this post: Black, skoormit, nuclearslurpee

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2022, 12:55:09 PM »
Integrate the Naval Admin Command and Fleet Commander systems.

I feel that the fleet commander system is a bit underdeveloped, and at the same time we now have a great system of naval admin commands with automatic assignments and the promotion on demand system.

Why not merge the two into a unified Naval Command system?  Any fleet or subfleet that has at least one ship containing flag quarters, becomes a naval command and can have a commander assigned, manually or automatically, in the same way that naval admin commands work at present.  That commander provides bonuses in the same way that a naval admin command does.  If a commander is assigned, they pick from the available flag ships and are physically present on one of them.  If the fleet or subfleet no longer has a ship with flag quarters subordinate to it, the naval command is dissolved, with any subordinate commands reparenting to the next level up.

As well as bringing the automated assignment system to fleet commanders, this would give the possibility of a hierarchical fleet command using subfleets for those that want it (squadron commanders under division commanders under the fleet admiral). But in a way that only provides the same bonuses you can get at the moment out of nested admin commands, so people who don't want to bother with that aren't penalised.

I've suggested before that Flag Bridges should act like admin commands with a zero radius, so they only provide a bonus in the same system as the commander. This would be a big benefit for carrier/fighter fleets, survey carrier/parasite fleets, really anything that's not just an all-consuming mass of beam ships in one place... even for single masses of ships, something more interesting and flexible than the Reaction bonus (very overrated IMO given how trivial it is to stack or make meaningless by fleet training) would be excellent.

The following users thanked this post: Black, mike2R, superstrijder15, Snoman314

Online KriegsMeister

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2022, 02:14:53 PM »
Being directly attached to the fleet should also provide the officers full bonus rather than the the decreasing portion from nested NACs, giving the trade off of partial bonus for multiple systems or full bonus for the system they're in.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »
 --- I'd like the option to use the Tractor Beam to latch onto enemy craft to help with boarding actions. It doesn't need to outright stop them, but at least slow them down. Perhaps using the existing tug formula but in reverse? So instead of "this is how fast this tug can tug it in km/s." it becomes "this is how much it can slow the enemy ship down in km/s"

The following users thanked this post: papent, superstrijder15, Destragon, Snoman314, ranger044