Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14451 times)

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2022, 11:42:42 AM »
Minor SM Mode bug:

When using the "Random Ruin" button in the system view to add ruins to a planet, the planet list is refreshed. However, when that button is used to remove those ruins instead, the list is NOT refreshed.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:18:47 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2022, 11:46:44 AM »
Minor SM Mode bug:

When using the "Random Ruin" button in the system view to add ruins to a planet, the planet list is refreshed. However, when that button is used to remove those ruins instead, the list is NOT refreshed.

I'm pretty sure the refresh happened in 1.13 so this may be a new bug, perhaps related to the new system generation code?

Offline PandaBearTellEm

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2022, 12:32:08 PM »
Found a bug (I think)
If you put an administrator in a position they qualify for, but the position outgrows them, they are 1) not removed; 2) continue to apply their bonuses

For example-
My Sector Gov for Sol is A4.  I put him in the position when Sol required A2.  Now, Sol requires A5. 
My Earth construction capacity is 10,952 BP.
I have 580 factories at 14 BP tech.  That should be 8,120 BP. 
The planetary gov gives 30%.  That should be another 2,436 BP (10,556 total)
The sector gov (He is A4 although Sol requires A5) has a 15% bonus, so that ends up being 3. 75% on the total with planetary gov- 395. 85 more. 
Total- 10,951. 85 (game rounds up to 10,952)

My academy commandant also, I just noticed, shouldn't be allowed to keep the role.  His (a scientist) admin is 30, but the academy is lvl 7 now.  I don't know if there's a way to check if his bonuses are still applying, but I presume that they are if the sec gov's are?
DB file attached

SJW: It is working as intended in the sense that I never added any code to remove admins and therefore allowed them to function in the above situation. Maybe now there are automated admin assignments I should look at this again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:23:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2022, 07:43:40 PM »
Minor SM Mode bug:

I'm pretty sure the refresh happened in 1.13 so this may be a new bug, perhaps related to the new system generation code?

I used this quite extensively in a v.1.13 game when I was testing ruin exploitation, and what I remember is that it never refreshed when I removed the ruin. So I've just tested it in another 1.13 game and it did not refresh either... it only refreshes if you close/reopen the window or switch systems.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Kashada

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2022, 08:30:25 PM »
I think I have found a bug.

I got a handful of these error messages below before 251,000 tons of enemy ground forces just appear on luna, no troop transports or anything in system (enemy being the new spoiler).

https://prnt.sc/5bgPGFIZkksb

There is some time, like a day or two, between these error messages and the troops appearing on luna.

Have I missed something or am I right in thinking the errors are somehow linked to the enemy transports not showing up?
Is there something I can do in SM to get rid of them?

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
Have a back up of the database from around a day before this if needed
v2.10 game

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:31:11 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2022, 07:43:36 AM »
I'm still playing 1.13, but I haven't seen the following addressed.

I granted independence to a very minor colony in a system in which I had no sensors (or any other ships at all) present.
I did not receive any message about a new race detected, and I have not returned to the system.

Now on game load, I receive the error: "Function #1341: The given key was not present in dictionary."

A quick check in the DB reveals that the race ID for the population I granted independence to is one higher than the highest race ID in the database.

Long story short: it seems that granting independence failed to create a race record for the population to link to.

EDIT: I manually created a race record with the expected ID, and now the game loads without error.

SJW: It looks like there is an error during the independence setup process that causes the function to exit before it adds the race to the races collection. Fixed for v2.1.1.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:30:56 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline replicant2699

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »

I got a handful of these error messages below before 251,000 tons of enemy ground forces just appear on luna, no troop transports or anything in system (enemy being the new spoiler).

There is some time, like a day or two, between these error messages and the troops appearing on luna.

Have I missed something or am I right in thinking the errors are somehow linked to the enemy transports not showing up?

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
v2.10 game

The exact same thing happened to me as well. Only difference is that I'm 13 years into game, and enemy ground forces are smaller.

Same error message, then couple days later enemy appears out of thin air on Luna.

Offline Pury

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2022, 10:31:05 AM »
I "found" a simple exploit/bug in Raiders behavior. If you station your Sto's on a planet without population, AI does not fire on you. While If population is present, they do not hesitate to glass your STO out of this world. Could be nice if AI would fire in both scenarios, as I have to put some population on all planets of intrest right away, otherwise it feels a bit exploity.

EDIT.
Especialy when they just orbit around while my 15cm Lasers tear them apart.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2022, 01:10:10 PM »
Irregular date to terminate a construction: the foreseen ending date is before the actual date.

SJW: You are using 2-digit years and have 1 production for a 600 BP task. The '60' in the completion date is several centuries in the future and just happens to end in 60.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:29:09 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »
Shipping lines never repair their ships if they get damaged and the damage can't be repaired out of on-board MSP. This is an issue because shipping lines design their ships with minimal MSP storage, e.g. 7 MSP on a ship with a max repair of 50, which is an engine of which it has 4.

I think the simplest fix is to change the ship design templates such that they add more MSP storage. That won't address holes in the armor, but it's a start that will prevent recurring errors when the ship with a damaged cargo hold tries to fulfill your shipping contracts and fails to pick up or unload installations.

Presumably hasn't come up before because civilian ships rarely get damaged in combat but survive. Just happened with spoilers attacking a small colony.

SJW: I am going to add some rules around civilian ships so they can repair or abandon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:48:11 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2022, 12:09:56 AM »
When designing a missile launcher, if you check the "show next tech" box it throws error "2.0.2 Function #2635: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and the design window shows blank for the third drop down, which normally shows options for reduced size launchers. It also says "cannot design component without all required technology" in the central text box that normally would display performance of the thing being designed.

SJW: Cannot reproduce. Is this definitely a v2.1.0 game?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:34:10 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline simast

• s
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2022, 05:44:16 AM »
I had a really weird experience with a civilian mining company and raiders (I think there are multiple different bugs here):

1. There was an error message box with some error (sorry did not capture error number).
2. Shortly after one of my civilian mining colonies started ground combat (if the raiders were moving troops somehow to this colony I should have noticed this - as I have good deep space tracking station coverage and was detecting raiders and their troop transports before way further away from that colony). So I think that's the first bug - the raiders somehow teleported to my colony (probably related to that error message above).
3. Raiders successfully captured civilian mining colony.
4. After recapturing the colony for a couple of months or so I had full control of civilian mining complexes (and surprisingly could still select whether to tax or purchase minerals from civilian company). But the colony was not marked with cyan color - so I assume the civilian company did not exist at that time.
5. Some months later the civilian company appeared again on the same colony (taking all existing civilian complexes) but surprisingly the political status for this civilian mining colony is now "Occupied". The new civilian colony does not have a name and is just named after the body/moon.

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2022, 06:16:17 AM »

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
v2.10 game

And now I just had the exact same thing happen. 51kt of Spoiler ground troops. There was what looked like an invasion fleet bouncing around the outer system for a while, before heading back out and I lost track of them. I'm pretty sure my 500 Deep Space Tracking Stations would have picked them up if they'd approached the planet though.

Offline Lazygun

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2022, 07:15:20 AM »
I found a deserted intact city on Ganymede.  Great! There's no problem with the ruins themselves but it illuminated some issues.

A terraform installation is 3x the size of an automated mine (reduced in size from version 1. 13, I believe).  To carry one to Luna needs 4 freighters.  the first 3 ships each carry 0. 3333 of an installation.   The UI displays 0 installations on Ganymede and 1 installation on Luna but it doesn't do any terraforming until I send a fourth freighter to transfer the last 0. 0001 (displayed as 0) of an installation.  You might as well change the size to 4.

I dug up some terraforming modules before I researched the tech, and designed a space station to use the alien tech modules.  As expected I wasn't allowed to build the space station until after I shipped the modules to Earth.  But building the station didn't use up the modules, so I can have as many terraformers as I like without researching the tech!

The same thing with a Jump Point Stabilisation Module 180 on a space station, and with grav scanners on survey craft built from fighter factories.

The UI for ordering civilian ships to transfer installations between colonies has one big gotcha.  Steps to replicate: start a new game.  "Add supply" on Earth for 1 DSTS.  "Add demand" on Earth for 10 DSTS.  Adding the demand seems to do nothing.  Create a colony on Mars and view the civilian/flags for Mars.  View the civilian/flags for Earth.  This forces the tab to be redrawn.  Observe that Earth is now scheduled to supply 11 DSTS.  Having an entry for an amount to be supplied converts any "Add demand" into "Add supply", and vice-versa.  This used to be a rarer happening but now that entries hang around with 0 amount once complete, people are going to run into this more often.  The workaround (that the player must remember to do every time) is to delete any corresponding entry in the supply column before "Add demand" and to delete any corresponding entry in the demand column before "Add Supply".

Text bug: when digging up research facilities the message refers to the old nomenclature "research lab"

SJW: Changed Terraforming Installations to 50,000 CP for next database release.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:39:56 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Bremen

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2022, 07:36:49 AM »
Another Spoilers bug. I usually play Conventional starts with low research rates, and it's taken me decades to explore the required 10 systems to activate the new Spoilers. As soon as I did, I'm inundated with large spoiler fleets absolutely wrecking me. It seems like the game is creating the Spoilers at game start and scaling from there, instead of scaling from the point at which they're supposed to be generated.

On Reddit, one user posted a similar scenario, where after 70 years to get to 10 systems explored, they were immediately hit with fleets of 140 Spoiler ships. Clearly this is borked.

SJW: Working as intended. The raiders are generating ships while the game is running. If you wait 70 years to move away from Sol, the raiders had seventy years to build up their forces. If you want to play very slow conventional games, then I advise not turning raiders on until later in the game.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:37:13 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, mike2R, midikiman