Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14741 times)

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »
There's a minor bug in the Race Information window: the Total Population reported is bigger (by some billions) than it should be, as displayed in the same window (see below pic):

[Edit] Maybe it's related to the Mining colonies (there are 2 at this moment), because there was no error at start, and the % of race population seems to indicate it's counting something else as population...

[Edit 2] Proceeding with the game, the display now seems correct. It seems there's something else that triggers the bug. Still, the % of race population now indicates 0.1% as being humans... and yes, in the pull down for species, there's only "Human".

[Edit 3] I checked the spoiler races, using the Ctrl+F2 bug, and the weirdness with the total population display also appear for them.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 06:56:03 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline EvadingHostileFleets

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2022, 06:16:29 PM »
I encountered some weirdness in newest spoilers behavior.
They vanish and reappear as if stuck in loop of jump orders using their jump system.
Steps to repeat: load DB, push 5sec increment several times, mark the messages about reestablishing contacts over and over again.

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »
The 'Use Components' checkbox correctly reduces the shipyard task time for subsequent refits, however it does not consume additional components after the first refit.

To reproduce:
- Create an auto-refit task for Krait -> Krait 46 at the Bull shipyard.  It consumes 2x FTR Ion engines in the stockpile for the task.
- Let the task complete.
- The new auto-task ends in 8 days, but does not consume additional FTR Ion engines.
- But you still got the time savings, because the task normally takes over a month when no engine components are supplied

Offline boolybooly

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »
I think I have found a bug.

I got a handful of these error messages below before 251,000 tons of enemy ground forces just appear on luna, no troop transports or anything in system (enemy being the new spoiler).

https://prnt.sc/5bgPGFIZkksb

There is some time, like a day or two, between these error messages and the troops appearing on luna.

Have I missed something or am I right in thinking the errors are somehow linked to the enemy transports not showing up?
Is there something I can do in SM to get rid of them?

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
Have a back up of the database from around a day before this if needed
v2.10 game

The exact same thing happened to me as well. Only difference is that I'm 13 years into game, and enemy ground forces are smaller.

Same error message, then couple days later enemy appears out of thin air on Luna.

Replying here as a reminder to myself for when I get home in about 10 days :)

I checked the error when this was first reported and it was in the Aether Gate Transit function. I am now wondering if the raider troop transport had orders of transit into sol and then unload on Luna (for example), but failed the first order. If the code doesn't make the right checks, the transport might go to the coordinates that match Luna in its home system and then unload, with Luna still as the target. I'll check this theory when I return.

Something like this scenario just happened in my current game, so I am attaching the save in case it can help track down the problem.

Situation, see screeny "001 location bug 01.jpg", the ship/fleet "EX-02 Cosmic River Expedition" is in the middle of nowhere in the Lalande 21185 system adjoining Sol having gone into overhaul in that spot. The orders history list matching the current date show it thinks it has entered Sol and gone to Earth, refuelled resupplied and entered overhaul. The funny thing is it has got 100% fuel and supplies and I know it was at about 57% fuel when I gave the orders, so it has refuelled and resupplied as if at Earth but is for some reason in the wrong location on the map in the screenshot in a different system but the same angle and distance when measured from the Lalande star as Earth is from Sol. The planet in the Lalande system cannot refuel and resupply so it did not refuel there.

When I sent the ship to Earth there was a problem with autoroute, it would not see Sol, I had to give the transit orders stepwise by hand. Autoroute should see Sol because the ship class has a jump drive.

The order list shows 'squadron transit by subfleet' as the transit order for Sol transit. I normally use standard transit. I dont know if that was my doing, I may have misclicked the order but can't be sure. Either way it should not have ended up in the wrong location in OV.

Curiously the orders completed event notification gives the correct position for the fleet in Lalande.

If I close the game and reload the ship loads in the same location. I am going to leave it there and see how it goes, as it clearly thinks it is overhauling.

Just struck me as a very similar situation to the one you postulated Steve.

P.S. Another observation, in this save there is a jumpship in 93 Eridani 'Cosmic River' which cannot see Sol either. It does not appear to be able to see past the jump point which was discovered in Lalande which was added to Alpha Fornacis, as all the other JPs in Alpha Fornacis had been stabilised as part of an NPR gate network. However a jumpship which entered the Alpha Fornacis network recently 'Cosmic River Navigator' can see Sol in autoroute. It may be something to do with timing pre/post some other event as the ships which cannot see Sol have been deployed a long time. The ship which can see Sol from within the network redeployed after OV only recently. I mention this as I am not sure if this autoroute buglet was contributory to the location bug. I will try to test this.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:45:37 PM by boolybooly »

Online nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »
When designing a beam fire control, if I check the "Show Next Tech" box, I get an error stating "2.0.2 Function #2635: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then the drop down boxes for range, speed, and size all go blank. Also happens for some of the other components (Active sensor, gauss cannon, jump drive, etc. I didn't go through every component type in the list). Can't discern a pattern, since I'm currently researching techs related to beam fire control and active sensors but not gauss cannons or jump drives

Not sure if this has been solved since 2.0.2.

SJW: This fix is in the changes list for v2.0.3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 04:00:29 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
#1 Bug description:
Discovering a new system through a jump point produces a system called "System #XXX" where XXX are different numbers every time.

The problem here is caused by the introduction of the recent 'class name only' naming theme. If you don't care about the 'class name only' naming option, you can fix the system theme bug by changing the ThemeID from 0 to -1 for that theme in the DIM_NamingThemeTypes table.

I've fixed it for the next version.

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2022, 12:43:07 PM »
Small bug with Training Commands.  If you send a fleet that is in training to overhaul (refuel, resupply and overhaul) the deployment, maintenance and fuel continue to be used up as if they were actually going through training and unsurprisingly they don't get any training improvements and you get a message to say they can't train while in overhaul.  This results in an endless overhaul, where the clock goes up faster than the overhaul brings it down.

I would have expected the training to stop while a fleet was in overhaul, which would allow a fleet to stay in a training command for as long as they wanted, automatically using standing orders and going in to overhaul when their maximum deployment was reached.  Right now you must juggle fleets in and out of the training command to overhaul them successfully, which with fleets with short deployments, like 3 days, is an endless effort.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:57:20 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline S1mancoder

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2022, 06:58:24 PM »
#3409 Object reference not set to an instance of an object (or so)

Conventional start, Real stars, UK regional settings/point separator.

The error happens after you click 30-day increment in a provided save (try one more time if somehow doesnt happen, was alwasy replicable for me, tried to avoid).
From my investigation it seems that Aether Raiders are trying to reinforce ground forces of a population in some system using free troopship stationed at their home system, but can not due to the fact there is no Aether Gate in the destination system to arrive to (error is the faulty Aehter Gate transfer). This bug could be related to "Fixed bug that causes raider ground forces to teleport to a system body" from 2.1.1 pre-release notes as it could be aether population got somehow teleported to unreachable sytem.

Worh mentioning that error message says 2.0.3 when the exe and database is confirmed 2.1.0 from forum link.

SJW: Yes, this is the same bug as the teleporting troops bug.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 02:35:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2022, 06:30:01 AM »
I'm playing on 2.0.3, but I assume this happens in 2.1, too.

Ships stationed at a gas giant DSP get left behind in space as the gas giant moves along its orbit. They aren't sticking to the DSP/planet.
Also, a fuel harvester that is stationed at a gas giant DSP doesn't seem to harvest fuel, only when the harvester is stationed specifically at the planet itself (even though the DSP and the planet are on exactly the same spot).

SJW: The DSP and the gas giant are two separate locations, so you need to harvest at the planet, not the population. Harvesters have never been able to harvest at populations.
The bit about harvesters not being able to harvest at DSPs is fine, but the one about fleets not staying at gas giant DSPs during orbital movement is still a bug.
To sum it up again:
1: Create a DSP at a gas giant
2: Tell a fleet to station themselves at the DSP
3: Wait for orbital movement to happen
4: The DSP will have moved together with the gas giant, but the fleet stationed at the DSP is still at the old location and hasn't moved with it.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2.1
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:17:38 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »
Irregular date to terminate a construction: the foreseen ending date is before the actual date.

Given the annual production rate is 1 and the task is 600, it will take 600 years. As you are using only 2-digit years, the completion date is probably several centuries in the future and just happens to end in 60.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2022, 04:30:17 PM »
I just saw someone talk about how their construction vehicles aren't building installations and then did some testing (in 2.1) to see if they work or not.
As far as I can tell, units with construction equipment can only contribute their BP to just a SINGLE construction cycle and then never again.
(Maybe it has to do with their fortification value?)

1: Scrap all your construction factories
2: Instabuild some construction vehicle unit formations
3: Tell the colony to build some installation
4: Skip forward by one construction cycle, the construction vehicles will have built a portion of the installation
5: Skip forward another construction cycle, nothing happens. The installation is at the same construction percentage as on the previous cycle.
6: You can instabuild some more formations and again see that they will build the installation on the next cycle, but then again not on the following ones

« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:07:06 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, db48x

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »
I just saw someone talk about how their construction vehicles aren't building installations and then did some testing (in 2.1) to see if they work or not.
As far as I can tell, units with construction equipment can only contribute their BP to just a SINGLE construction cycle and then never again.

4: Skip forward by one construction cycle, the construction vehicles will have built a portion of the installation
5: Skip forward another construction cycle, nothing happens. The installation is at the same construction percentage as on the previous cycle.
6: You can instabuild some more formations and again see that they will build the installation on the next cycle, but then again not on the following ones

This would explain my confusion regarding my construction brigades. I think this has been a bug in the game for a while even before 2.X.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2022, 02:36:13 AM »

This would explain my confusion regarding my construction brigades. I think this has been a bug in the game for a while even before 2.X.

What happens after they reach maximum fortification?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2022, 02:44:31 AM »

Were all ground units at the population at maximum fortification level?

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2022, 06:08:14 AM »

Were all ground units at the population at maximum fortification level?
I let them fortify to max (3), but still nothing happens. I also tried changing their field position, but nothing again.

I think I noticed something interesting:
If you instabuild them at a colony that has no minerals stockpiled and then afterwards send minerals to it, they won't build at all, not even for 1 construction cycle. If you instabuild them at a colony that already has minerals, then they will build for 1 cycle.