Author Topic: Re-Branding  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
Re-Branding
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:01:08 AM »
[ooc]We decided to play a Corpocracy, remember?[/ooc]

Dear Ministers and Senators

While we still call ourselves a democracy, it is well-known that we only own our current position due to the support of various corporations and that most of our time is spend trying to further the interest of our true corporate masters.

Until know, it has been more convenient to respect the form of a republic, if only to prevent unrest, but the recent defeat of the dreade "Red Sickle" combined with new trans-newtonian riot gear allow us to ignore the public entirely. Who would dare to protests if we can destroy any sindle demonstration from orbit?

With this problem gone, I think it would be more convenient to re-brand ourselves as a real corporation, displaying our corporate affiliation and generally be more open about who our backers are.

As thus I propose the following change to terminalogy:
The Senate will become the Administration Council
The Capinet will become the Board of Directors
The President will become the CEO.
As for the various ministers they'll be Head of their respective Department.

As for the company's name proper, we must decided what it'll be. My best marketing consultant are already working on it. Given that it is mostly a Industrial company, I'd go for General Industries.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:14:56 AM by Erik Luken »

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
Re: Re-Branding
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:15:50 AM »
No comments on this particular proposal?  im kinda surprised  I suppose I would be the first to put forth an opinion though some may find it unsatsifactory as I have no strong feelings in either way.   while I enjoy the title of president,  and enjoy our history as a senat and a cabinent and I feel as though we should remain some if minor diffrences from a corporation, if only to avoid the single minded thought of profit.  while we are in it to prosper and enrich life,  thinking to strongly as a corporation may hurt us.  on the other hand it is corporations that have helped us survive the econimc down turns, the plagues and the collapse of previous governments.   so ultimatly call me what you will CEO, President,  I will still do my job as i can.

I will second this and we may vote on this.

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:55:00 AM »
Personally, I too did not say anything on this subject as I expected someone else to, but I believe we should keep our present names. I'm pretty sure that people like being called to vote in a Senate rather than in an Administration Council and I would much prefer to be a Minister than a Head. Corporations already play a large part of what we do here as without them we are left with no ship designs to build, so I think that the effects of businesses is already large enough without our rubbing it in the faces of the people.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
Unfortunately I am with Senator Payne also on this, the semblance of a democratic right of the people always sound better even if the corporation have a large part within the government.

Senator Winston
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:36:33 PM by ardem »

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
I also agree with Senator Payne and Mr. Ardem.

--Orion Starion

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 04:06:09 PM »
[ooc]yeah I always figured we'd have the face of a caring representative democracy, while the real decisions as always are made by the money.[/ooc]

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
[ooc]No fun. Honestly, it is far more interesting to roleplay money-loving bastards.[/occ]

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
I concur.

Dr. Phineas T. Vendar,
Minister for Technology

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
This has the potential to be a long debate with far-reaching consequences and therefore, I would recommend that one of the supporters of this shift in policy officially propose a bill to that effect.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
Well, I'll propose it. Dr. Phineas, would you co-sign this bill?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 04:31:16 PM »
Yes Dr. Phan, I will.