Author Topic: The end  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Tanj (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
The end
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »
I am sad to say that I have decided to stop this campaign here. This is for several reasons; Due to work and RL commitments I haven't been able to commit much time to it over the last few weeks, which means I have lost track of where everything was and what I was doing with it all. The unexpected conquest of the Commonwealth of Bigdish has removed the only NPR that was setup at start and so far no other NPR's have been generated, while the Starswarm has failed to make an appearance at all. This has left me just hitting the 30-day increment button without any real focus. And finally this campaign was running on version 5.51, mostly because I forgot to check for updates before beginning, and I would like to update to 5.60 before I get totally left behind. Thanks to everyone who read this and special thanks to those who posted/sent nice messages in support of this fiction!

That all said, I did quite enjoy writing this and I am working on an idea for a new campaign. My current idea is for a multi-Empire start based around the discovery of TN materials in 1975 by the US moon landings, the findings of which are then stolen by the USSR. This would lead to a new space-based arms race with the US having already researched  TN materials and everyone else playing catch-up. In this campaign there would be 4 separate empires, namely United States of America, European Union, USSR and Communist China. I would be tempted by more (South America, Middle East etc) but I don't want to overload myself as I would be playing all of these myself.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: The end
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
That's too bad. At least you got some righteous combat in. Good luck with the new campaign :}

Offline James

• Able Ordinary Rate
Re: The end
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:52:23 AM »
Really enjoyed the entire story