Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26363 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2010, 02:08:07 AM »
zkline is right, you are mising either ha3.jpg inside your Aurora/Planetjpeg folder (and likely a couple of other jpg files), or you are missing the entire folder. As he said, try reinstalling the game.

Oh, and, being a new user, you should realy put those messages in the academy board, as bugs new users find are to 99.9% some kind of user-error. If your supposed bug is confirmed to realy _be_ a bug, you can then make a bug-report here.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline NightFalcon

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
Ah apologies. I will head on over to the Academy board, and try reinstalling.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2010, 06:28:02 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I may have already reported this, but I suppose it can't hurt to say it again.

The NPR is constantly building FACs and then assigning them to a TG, but then the ship is disappearing, I think due to the fact they have no maintenance although not 100% sure on that. End result is that they are constantly ordering replacement FACs and wasting their resources and its crimping their style.
Found it! In v5.10 I introduced something I hoped would improve performance. Newly built NPR ships look for other fleets containing ships of the same class so they can merge into one fleet, reducing the overhead of the number of fleets Aurora has to manage. Unfortunately, when this happens two fleets detect one another and both try to merge, resulting in both fleets getting deleted - oops!

It is fixed for v5.20, which just became a much higher priority. Another problem with the fleet merge is that some fleets are created that contain too many ships for a jump ship's rating in the same fleet, which means they try to jump and can't. I'll fix this for v5.20 as well. In the meantime, a workaround is to delete the four rows from the NPRFleetOrders table that contain an OrderType of 26.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2010, 06:53:37 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I may have already reported this, but I suppose it can't hurt to say it again.

The NPR is constantly building FACs and then assigning them to a TG, but then the ship is disappearing, I think due to the fact they have no maintenance although not 100% sure on that. End result is that they are constantly ordering replacement FACs and wasting their resources and its crimping their style.
Found it! In v5.10 I introduced something I hoped would improve performance. Newly built NPR ships look for other fleets containing ships of the same class so they can merge into one fleet, reducing the overhead of the number of fleets Aurora has to manage. Unfortunately, when this happens two fleets detect one another and both try to merge, resulting in both fleets getting deleted - oops!

It is fixed for v5.20, which just became a much higher priority. Another problem with the fleet merge is that some fleets are created that contain too many ships for a jump ship's rating in the same fleet, which means they try to jump and can't. I'll fix this for v5.20 as well. In the meantime, a workaround is to delete the four rows from the NPRFleetOrders table that contain an OrderType of 26.

Steve

I deleted them and so far it looks like they are staying in this reality :)

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
So far, in my explorations, I have located [spoiler:iotw0kee]4 stable wormholes, two in one system. Whenever one appeared, or whenever you entered a new system with a stable wormhole present, it generated this error:[/spoiler:iotw0kee]

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

The game is running fine, despite that, yet, I have found [spoiler:iotw0kee]4 wormholes, each generating this error, yet no Invader ships yet, despite doing grav surveys in two of the systems.[/spoiler:iotw0kee]

Could these errors have to do with setting up the [spoiler:iotw0kee]Invader ships[/spoiler:iotw0kee]?

Eric

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
I apologize if this has been mentioned in the past, but the problem wasn't particularly searchable. I'm dealing with the [REDACTED]. It led to this interesting bit of event logging:

"Vision hit by -88 points of damage from Torp 32"
(Repeat lots)
"Strength -88 Nuclear Detonation x39 detected!"

Of course, Vision, a little 500-ton scout with paper-thin armor and no shields, had no problem slugging off the massive lack of damage. I wonder if these [REDACTED] have become peaceful after blowing the rest of the scout's battle group out of the sky?

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
There seems to be a bug with high damage missiles, and laser warhead missiles may have some bugs also. More info and some screen shots at Some testing.

Offline mfaggi

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so i hope i am using the right thread, i am using v5.14...

I have been playing 2091, and after defeating a lot of invaders i salvaged their technology.
Suddenly, after salvaging a CIWS (and getting Gauss Cannon Rate of Fire 2 and a Turret tracking Speed level), i did get some errors, which i unfortunately do not remember. After that i notice that all of my active research isnt showing anymore on the research screen in the population and production window, and all research labs are "avaiable" again.
The summary tab did not show anything anymore, but the industry tab still worked, so i restarted the game and now Earth is gone (just as if i had abandoned it).

Sorry that i did not really read the eroors, but i have the stevefire.mdb if you want it...

Otherwise a great game, thanks for your hard work!

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »
The change is system colors is an old bug - inherited from SA. It is not a VB bug, but a few (dozens) lines of missing code.

It is fixable - Steve just needs to grab the current system colour information (and save it) and then restore the colours when Aurora is closing. Not too hard. On the other hand, its been around for a _long_ time and really doesn't break anything... I'd rather he keep working on other stuff :)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »
Please make sure that the tractoring bug, where only SY can be linked, is fixed for 5.2.

This is a repeat of an issue I haven't encountered (yet), but haven't seen a "fixed" post for.  Reposting it because I think it's important that the fix make it into 5.2.

John

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »
This is a bug I have noticed before.  I reasearched the small craft eccm-2, but it does not have an entry in the F5 screen so I can not build it in of my ships.  I also checked and it is not available for my factories to produce either.

Brian

Offline Cjsheaf

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
The "Load (Mineral) When X Available" command doesn't seem to function whatsoever. I haven't seen anyone post it as an official bug report yet as far as my searching reveals. When a ship is given a command to load (any mineral), when (any amount) is available it just sits there doing absolutely nothing, for as long as it has the order. It doesn't matter if the planet has far in excess of the amount ordered to wait for, or goes over the stated amount while this ship is at the destination waiting for it. The ship will still do absolutely nothing.

And yes, I've made sure to wait for the 5-day increment. In fact, I've run everything from 8 hour increments to 30 day increments for a total time of a full in-game year, and still nothing happens whatsoever.

Thread with people who seem to be experiencing the same problem but seem hesitant to label it a bug:
http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2692&p=26420&hilit=load+when+x+available#p26420

I'm using v5.14

EDIT: The only condition I am unable to test easily is whether the ship loads the minerals if exactly the right amount is available at the end of a 5-day increment. Even still, that shouldn't be the case.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Please make sure that the tractoring bug, where only SY can be linked, is fixed for 5.2.

This is a repeat of an issue I haven't encountered (yet), but haven't seen a "fixed" post for.  Reposting it because I think it's important that the fix make it into 5.2.
It is fixed. I have been using tractors quite a lot.

Steve

Offline mfaggi

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2010, 05:15:29 AM »
Hi everyone!

I am using v5.14 and for the first time tried to use my newly aquired plasma torpedoes, only to find out that they do not seem to work.
I can fire them, but they seem to only run for 5 seconds, then run out of endurance and get destroyed.
They also seem to be unable to hit, even if the firing ship and the target sit on top of each other, and they are doing 80000000km/s instead of 80000km/s, which they should do.

Of course, being new i may have done something wrong here, but i could not say what.

Ship class:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Langbogen class Strike Cruiser    15000 tons     1464 Crew     3859.1 BP      TCS 300  TH 4000  EM 1320
13333 km/s     Armour 7-54     Shields 44-300     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 18     PPV 128
Annual Failure Rate: 97%    IFR: 1.4%    Maint Capacity 2975 MSP    Max Repair 160 MSP    Est Time: 5.69 Years

Solid Core Anti-matter Drive E3 M (20)    Power 200    Fuel Use 30%    Signature 200    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 600,000 Litres    Range 240.0 billion km   (208 days at full power)
Theta R300/12 Shields (11)   Total Fuel Cost  132 Litres per day

Size 32 Plasma Torpedo Launcher (4)     Warhead 32     Speed 80,000 km/s     Max Range 25.6m km     Rate of Fire 160 seconds
Missile Fire Control FC138mkm-R40 (1)     Range 138.2m km    Resolution 40

Compact ECCM-5 (1)         ECM 60

This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2010, 05:47:13 AM »
Quote from: "mfaggi"
Hi everyone!

I am using v5.14 and for the first time tried to use my newly aquired plasma torpedoes, only to find out that they do not seem to work.
I can fire them, but they seem to only run for 5 seconds, then run out of endurance and get destroyed.
They also seem to be unable to hit, even if the firing ship and the target sit on top of each other, and they are doing 80000000km/s instead of 80000km/s, which they should do.

Of course, being new i may have done something wrong here, but i could not say what.

Ship class:

Langbogen class Strike Cruiser    15000 tons     1464 Crew     3859.1 BP      TCS 300  TH 4000  EM 1320
13333 km/s     Armour 7-54     Shields 44-300     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 18     PPV 128
Annual Failure Rate: 97%    IFR: 1.4%    Maint Capacity 2975 MSP    Max Repair 160 MSP    Est Time: 5.69 Years

Solid Core Anti-matter Drive E3 M (20)    Power 200    Fuel Use 30%    Signature 200    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 600,000 Litres    Range 240.0 billion km   (208 days at full power)
Theta R300/12 Shields (11)   Total Fuel Cost  132 Litres per day

Size 32 Plasma Torpedo Launcher (4)     Warhead 32     Speed 80,000 km/s     Max Range 25.6m km     Rate of Fire 160 seconds
Missile Fire Control FC138mkm-R40 (1)     Range 138.2m km    Resolution 40

Compact ECCM-5 (1)         ECM 60

This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes

I don't know what the root cause is but the lack of endurance could be due to the erroneous speed.  If Aurora is trying to calculate the firing using 80 000 000 km/s as the torpedo speed then it would only take 0.32 of a second for the torpedo to reach its maximum range.  The FTL torpedo speed may well be the cause of the to hit errors as well.
Welchbloke