Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26390 times)

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
Plasma Torpedo Integrity Rating 1 says "The time in seconds in which the warhead will reduce by one point of strength" in the description.

All other ratings say "Plasma torpedo warheads are reduced by 1 every (100,000 km x Integrity Rating)"

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
With "Show size in tons" selected on the tech design screen, cloaking devices do not show size in tons.

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
In the Navy Org Tab from the Task Groups, I've created an infinite loop of error messages.

I've attempted to copy branch and it just keeps throwing up the error message, I know I'm copying it over itself but I had a plan at the time. Not exactly sure what it was now of course. :)
My Newbie AAR

Offline Mini

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2010, 06:14:40 AM »
This may already have been posted (I did search) but if you build a ship without retooling a shipyard to that specific design (building it from a shipyard tooled to a similar ship design) it doesn't lock the design.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2010, 02:44:45 AM »
5.14 bug

When I got the error "fleet does not contain a jumpgate construction ship" for several times, I looked through the NPRs and discovered a JCS with a damaged JGC-module. After deleting the JCS, the error went away. Seems the AI doesn´t check, if the JGC-module is actually in working order, when asigning orders.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2010, 06:02:44 AM »
Since you brought up the subject of jump gates....

One of my NPRs appears to be stuck in an infinite loop trying to build a jump gate and not succeeding.  I haven't looked inside the DB to see if there's one there already or not.  I'm seeing this through the logs.

And also since I'm here, some amount of time ago it appeared that an NPR was getting set up, however the NPR either has no theme or the theme contains no commander names.  The Null error for commander names popped up a bunch of times, and now it only pops up once a month or so.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2010, 05:51:37 AM »
This does not cause an error report; however, it will affect the game play.  Every now and again I use Designer Mode to 'Pop in on the nieghbours' and check up on how they are doing, especially if I think there might be some combat going on  :D .  Anyway, I regularly find NPR fleets that have a jumpship with enough consorts to take it beyond the number of allowable squandron transit slots.  Consequently, they are stuck in a system generating 'Transit failure - too many ships' alerts.  It might be a good idea to alter the AI to ensure that fleets break down into a size no greater than the allowed squadron transit size before attempting a squadron transit.
Welchbloke

Offline lastverb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
ive got another game break because of 1 min increments due to "ship is within fire range" for at least 2 days ingame (described in suggestion section). possible invaders and/or nebulas involved

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2010, 11:51:57 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I may have already reported this, but I suppose it can't hurt to say it again.

The NPR is constantly building FACs and then assigning them to a TG, but then the ship is disappearing, I think due to the fact they have no maintenance although not 100% sure on that. End result is that they are constantly ordering replacement FACs and wasting their resources and its crimping their style.
I am looking at this one at the moment and I haven't tracked it down yet. However, I wonder if you would mind trying something for me in your game if you have access to the DB. Go into the NPRFleetOrders table and delete every row that has an order type of 26. See if that fixes the problem.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
This does not cause an error report; however, it will affect the game play.  Every now and again I use Designer Mode to 'Pop in on the nieghbours' and check up on how they are doing, especially if I think there might be some combat going on  :D .  Anyway, I regularly find NPR fleets that have a jumpship with enough consorts to take it beyond the number of allowable squandron transit slots.  Consequently, they are stuck in a system generating 'Transit failure - too many ships' alerts.  It might be a good idea to alter the AI to ensure that fleets break down into a size no greater than the allowed squadron transit size before attempting a squadron transit.
I think this might be caused by something similar to the previous bug. If you have access to the DB, go into the NPRFleetOrders table and delete every row that has an order type of 26. See if that fixes the problem.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I may have already reported this, but I suppose it can't hurt to say it again.

The NPR is constantly building FACs and then assigning them to a TG, but then the ship is disappearing, I think due to the fact they have no maintenance although not 100% sure on that. End result is that they are constantly ordering replacement FACs and wasting their resources and its crimping their style.
I am looking at this one at the moment and I haven't tracked it down yet. However, I wonder if you would mind trying something for me in your game if you have access to the DB. Go into the NPRFleetOrders table and delete every row that has an order type of 26. See if that fixes the problem.

Steve

I'll give this a go tonight when I am home.

(sorry for bringing this bug up a number of times in different threads, I had lost track of where I had reported it  :oops:  )

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "welchbloke"
I think this might be caused by something similar to the previous bug. If you have access to the DB, go into the NPRFleetOrders table and delete every row that has an order type of 26. See if that fixes the problem.

Steve
Unfortunately, I don't have the DB password.
Welchbloke

Offline Zerris

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Z
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2010, 02:10:55 PM »
New to the game however I found a little bug in the 5.14 version already while following the tutorial on the website

If I try to open the F9 System Information window I get spammed with the follwoing several times before the program finally crashes

Error Code 76
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\ha3.jpg'

It's knd of annoying as I'm trying to learn the colonizing and terraforming part.

Offline NightFalcon

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2010, 10:58:21 PM »
Quote from: "Zerris"
New to the game however I found a little bug in the 5.14 version already while following the tutorial on the website

If I try to open the F9 System Information window I get spammed with the follwoing several times before the program finally crashes

Error Code 76
Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\ha3.jpg'

It's knd of annoying as I'm trying to learn the colonizing and terraforming part.

I too am having this issue. Also, I cannot access the F3 system map interface. This could be something I'm doing wrong, or it could have already been addressed. But F3 brings up nothing, and the system map choice is grayed out. (First started the game: part 2 of the tutorial)

THanks!

Offline Caplin

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2010, 12:40:54 AM »
Hi,
I'm new to the game as well, so take whatever I say with a grain or two of salt.
From the error message you're getting it would seem that your installation iis
somehow broken.  I recommend uninstalling and going through the process again,
being careful to patch things in order and follow the instructions.
From personal experience, both the system map and the f9 display work properly.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Zack.