Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55276 times)

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended.

You can add multiple spinal lasers as long as they're all different sizes.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended.

You can add multiple spinal lasers as long as they're all different sizes.

I'm almost certain this is a bug if true. IIRC you should only be able to add one and thats it.

Offline Steiner

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11565. msg139769#msg139769 date=1596996810

This could be a great find.  A lot of people have experienced increment reduction like this, and it can go on for years.   
If you could post a db, it might help Steve be able to debug it.
System Herschel 5173.   JP2 Giclas 148-13 NPRs. 

DB is kinda bloated over 480MB so I uploaded it on google drive but I don't know how to properly post a sharelink.  For some reason it generates spaces after drive.  and google.  so you have to delete those spaces to access the link.
https://drive. google. com/file/d/1PoYWVy-IeHddbo7DdK99pmHhGNRKQIfi/view?usp=sharing

By the way that bloating was also weird I have save DB for 2125 year with 180 MB and in 2131 year it is already 480 MB and it stayed 480 MB in 2140. 

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
The function number NA
The complete error text NA
The window affected Ground Combat
What you were doing at the time Final stage of Planatery Invasion
Conventional or TN start  TN
Random or Real Stars  Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Happened in previous campaign as well but no database saved

At the end of the battle 7 enemy infantry remain against a very large force, after multiple extra 30 day turns there has been no attack on the enemy infantry or by them and the battle stalls.

Database available but not able to attach probaly due to me not spotting how to do so
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:12:55 PM by Andrew »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
The function number NA
The complete error text NA
The window affected Ship Design
What you were doing at the time deleting Civilian Companies from Admin Command window
Conventional or TN start  TN
Random or Real Stars  Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy

If you delete a civilian company from the admin command window all its designs become available under your Ship Design window. This shouldn't happen as they should be still under civilian design. No, the civilian flag was not ticked.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2020, 11:34:45 AM »
It seems like armourless stations actually do have 1 layer of armour.

My small armourless station was just attacked by an enemy scout.
He fired two shots.
One hit, with strength two.
The damage report says I took 1 point of armour damage, a cargo shuttle bay was destroyed, and my current armour is 92%.

Could be that the damage report is just incorrect, but that station has no component with HTK > 1.
If I had taken 2 points of internal damage (which I should have if the station has no armour), at least 2 components would have been destroyed.

DB attached.
Fleet in question is "SS IMP-IGU Shell4 004".
The attack occurred  5-20-2078 08:47:30A.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2020, 10:43:02 PM »
It is possible to create colonies on gas giants from the Fleet Orders screen.  Just select a fleet, then a gas giant, and you will see the "Create Colony" button works.  99% sure it shouldn't since there's nothing you can do with that colony.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2020, 12:15:39 PM »
It is possible to create colonies on gas giants from the Fleet Orders screen.  Just select a fleet, then a gas giant, and you will see the "Create Colony" button works.  99% sure it shouldn't since there's nothing you can do with that colony.

You can put installations on it.
Specifically, putting a Refuelling Station on it allows your harvesters to unload fuel to the colony, which keeps your harvesters from getting full if your tanker fleet gets disrupted.

To me, this is a feature, not a bug.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2020, 01:28:48 PM »

Specifically, putting a Refuelling Station on it allows your harvesters to unload fuel to the colony, which keeps your harvesters from getting full if your tanker fleet gets disrupted.

I think Steve may disagree - these two entries are in the bugfixes list:
  • Prevented creation of colonies on gas giant on the Minerals window.
  • Prevented SM random ruins being created on gas giants

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »

I think Steve may disagree - these two entries are in the bugfixes list:
  • Prevented creation of colonies on gas giant on the Minerals window.
  • Prevented SM random ruins being created on gas giants

I know, and that's fine. I plan to work around it.
I RP it as putting a Refuelling Station installation in orbit rather than on the surface. Works the same way, and, logistically, putting something in orbit of a planet is easier than putting it on the surface.

Offline Maxwillkil

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
After moving mines onto a colony, got this error:

1. 11. 0 Function #2184: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal
Error is visible when selecting the colony in question, the Mining screen under Economics is entirely broken, the top section is completely missing, the rest displays garbage.
When advancing time, the population of the colony will kill off its entire Manufacturing sector each tick.

TN start, Real stars, numbers are 12,345. 67

Not sure if the bug is reproducable from other games, but I have a DB which consistently errors after advancing a few 5-day ticks.

Notes:
This is about 75 years into a peaceful campaign
This game was played using Mono on Linux.  Haven't had issues up until now, but if this DB won't repro the error on other systems, that may be why.

Attached DB.  Observe population of Barnards Star-A I, advance several 5-day ticks.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
After moving mines onto a colony, got this error:

1. 11. 0 Function #2184: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal
Error is visible when selecting the colony in question, the Mining screen under Economics is entirely broken, the top section is completely missing, the rest displays garbage.
When advancing time, the population of the colony will kill off its entire Manufacturing sector each tick.

TN start, Real stars, numbers are 12,345. 67

Not sure if the bug is reproducable from other games, but I have a DB which consistently errors after advancing a few 5-day ticks.

Notes:
This is about 75 years into a peaceful campaign
This game was played using Mono on Linux.  Haven't had issues up until now, but if this DB won't repro the error on other systems, that may be why.

Attached DB.  Observe population of Barnards Star-A I, advance several 5-day ticks.

This is a confusing edge case related to how the agricultural and service sector percentages are calculated.
Agricultural is 5% * colony cost EDIT: (colony cost + 1).
Service is 100% * the fourth root of the colony population (in billions), but no higher than 70%, and also no higher than whatever is left after the agricultural sector is manned.
Manufacturing is 100% minus the other two, but no lower than 0% (obviously).

In this case, colony cost is 14.97 and population is 18.95 million.
The raw calculations give an agri sector of 79.85% and a service sector of 37.1%.
That would give a total over 100%, so service sector is reduced to 20.15%, and manufacturing gets 0%.

So it's not that the population is killing off the manufacturing sector.
It's that so many people have to work at making food that nobody is left to build things.

That said, after two 5-day ticks I get the same error (1. 11. 0 Function #2184), and the Mining tab shows a blank top pane.
I'm running vanilla Windows 10.

So, long story short, this is reproducible.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:31:22 AM by skoormit »

The following users thanked this post: Maxwillkil

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2020, 05:27:31 PM »
Ordering a fleet to begin overhaul while it is under a Training (TRN) Naval Command does not work. You need to manually move a fleet out of training in order for it to begin overhaul.

Offline Maxwillkil

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11565. msg139918#msg139918 date=1597353190
It's that so many people have to work at making food that nobody is left to build things.
Sorry, just to check, are you not seeing the population decrease with each tick? 5 days ago in this save it was 24M, now it's 18M, if I advance again it goes 12. 6M, 12. 08M, 3. 48M.
Maybe it's just already something corrupted from the error, but it doesn't seem right for the population to be diving like this.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2020, 07:58:05 AM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=11565. msg139918#msg139918 date=1597353190
Sorry, just to check, are you not seeing the population decrease with each tick? 5 days ago in this save it was 24M, now it's 18M, if I advance again it goes 12. 6M, 12. 08M, 3. 48M.
Maybe it's just already something corrupted from the error, but it doesn't seem right for the population to be diving like this.

Yes. Your civilian shipping lines are picking up colonists to take them to Barnards Star-A II.
You can control the civvies behavior from the Civilian Economy tab of the Econ window.

The following users thanked this post: Maxwillkil, Spicymuffins89