Author Topic: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 55441 times)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: v1.11.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
Right clicking a location on the tactical map displays a selection list of colonies and fleets near the location.

Two bugs related to this list:

1) If I select a civilian fleet from the list, the Naval Organization window opens but it does not have a fleet selected. I have to manually navigate to that fleet.

2) If I select a colony from the list, and that colony has zero population, has no automated mines, and is not a civilian mining colony, the Economic window opens but it does not have a colony selected. I have to manually navigate to that colony.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2020, 09:47:32 AM »
I have bombarded a planet so hard I have created a new state of physics :)
Due to dust in the atmosphere surface temperature has dropped to -45 degrees Kelvin.  There may already be a fix in for terraforming dropping a planets temperature too easilyif not , this is a bug.

The following users thanked this post: LiteFatSushi

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2020, 05:36:42 PM »
I had an issue where my fleet had a speed of 80km/s instead of its max 4000km/s when ordered to follow an Alien passive contact with "Use Maximum Speed" checked.

I did not manually set that speed (in fact I did not even know how to do that until later)

The fleet had enough fuel

The fleet had no damaged components

Changing the speed manually did not work

Giving an order with "Use Maximum Speed" checked again did not change the speed back to max

Saving and reloading fixed it. The fleet immediately had the max speed instead of 80km/s

edit: It happened again to the next Alien contact I tried following. Same problems, and reloading worked, although it didn't seem to at first: I had to select another fleet and then select the bugged fleet again for it to resume to its normal speed. Note that this isn't a visual bug: the fleets were actually moving slowly. The speed this time was 45km/s instead of 80km/s.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:20:18 PM by Dutchling »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2020, 11:18:09 PM »
Weapon failures appear to be happening far more often than expected.
I have two BBs firing on an enemy planet.
Each BB is firing 60 lasers at a time.
With a 1% chance of a maintenance failure per shot, I would expect each ship to suffer an average of 0.6 failures when it fires its lasers.
Instead, over the last 50 firing events (3000 total lasers fired), the ships have suffered a total of 78 maintenance failures.
This is 2.6 times the expected number (1% of 3000 = 30).

DB attached.
Fleet is the Twin Hammers.
You can see the combat results in the event log.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
Bug 1: Auto refit don't use components when it starts to refit another ship automatically.
Bug 2: "Move to System Requiring Geo and Grav" when there are more than two scanning systems, the ship keeps moving between them,even when orders are given.

Online Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2020, 03:11:18 PM »
The function number 2169
The complete error text  "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt." the english  error message should be "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The window affected Research Window
What you were doing at the time Checking why the next queued research did not start after researching "Ion Drive Technologie" was researched
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No "."
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Forum Search showed that this bug has been reported for 1.8.0, 1.9.5 and 1.10.0 but I don't know how to reproduce.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well ~13 years

I had many Research Topics queue, but after this bug only three where shown. After saving and loading, the error disappears and most research topics are again shown in the queue,
but the  topics for "PP" are missing. I have no recent save before the bug, only one direct after the bug

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:21:46 PM by Kelewan »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2020, 06:43:12 PM »
Bug 1: Auto refit don't use components when it starts to refit another ship automatically.
Bug 2: "Move to System Requiring Geo and Grav" when there are more than two scanning systems, the ship keeps moving between them,even when orders are given.

bug one: I am sure you need to flag to use prebuilt components somewhere.

bug 2: I had same issue, u have the orders the wrong way so you end up in a loop. First order should be survey nearest body and second order should be move to system that requires geosurvey. Or same for grav just with relative change.

I dont have aurora on atm so I apologize if the above is not what you were reporting.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 06:45:31 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2020, 08:34:37 AM »

bug 2: I had same issue, u have the orders the wrong way so you end up in a loop. First order should be survey nearest body and second order should be move to system that requires geosurvey. Or same for grav just with relative change.

I dont have aurora on atm so I apologize if the above is not what you were reporting.

Bug One: I checked this option. And they did use the components, but only on the first ship. With subsequent ships, it does not do that anymore.
Bug two: Ok, I will check

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2020, 09:25:04 AM »

Bug One: I checked this option. And they did use the components, but only on the first ship. With subsequent ships, it does not do that anymore.

This sounds less like a bug, and more like a gap in the implementation of the auto-refit feature.
I'm going to post it to the C# Suggestions thread.
Probably

The following users thanked this post: Demonides

Offline rekrats

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
The function number: 1412
The complete error text:  "Der Wert für eine Decimal war zu groß oder zu klein".      means in english, "The value for a decimal was to large or to small".     
The window affected: Every 5 day turn, pops up a 50 times in the main window.     
What you were doing at the time: In beam weapon combat.   
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No ".     "
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Have no clue what triggered it.     Was in combat with some aliens.   
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - Currently in the year 2171.     

Error disappeares when i delete my combat fleet. 
Ok, error dissapears when in manualy clear all targets for all beam weapon ships.  Shall i upload a backup of the problematic DB?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:50:25 PM by rekrats »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
Didn't search if it was mentioned before.

Ticking "Show Next Tech" in the F10 component design window does not allow for the next bigger shield generator size to be picked.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
Minor thing, not sure if intended or not:

The "delete empty" option deleted me a colony which didn't have any installations or anything on it, but still had mineral stockpiles (even if just 67 Boronide). One would expect mineral stockpiles being present to count as "not empty".
My use case here is asteroid mining. You get a bunch of "empty" colonies with nothing but mineral stocks waiting to be shipped off on them whenever the miners move on.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
T-T-T-Triplepost!

Having fun lobbing missiles at a troop transport today. In this scenario, four out of the five 5k transport bays on the transport get destroyed (it was fully loaded with 25k tons of troops), but all of them die. WAI? They also take more than 100% damage.

Also, they now show up as 0-strength formations with no units. Is that just what happens to formations that get completely annihilated?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
This is a pretty ordinary game. I salvaged a precursor wreck, and it worked perfectly fine. Then I salvaged the wreck of two of my own ships in the same system and it called them an "unknown class" in the event. See the screenshot which shows all three salvage events.

The function number: not applicable
The complete error text: event log says "Salvage of unknown class completed by …", but this was a wreck of one of my own ships
The window affected: event text
What you were doing at the time: salvaging a wreck
Conventional or TN start: conventional, but I doubt that it matters
Random or Real Stars: real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Seems easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 222 years and a few months

Offline woxbel

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2020, 03:02:50 AM »
The function number:  N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Main Window
What you were doing at the time: Reorganizing the navy structure
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: N/A

If needed I could explain what I was doing or how it happened exactly but considering I have reproduced it by starting a new save I don't assume this is needed.

The issue is if you delete an Admin Command with a secondary Admin Command inside of it that has a fleet in it.  The fleet effectively becomes a Ghost fleet.
It will still be on the map but it won’t be in the Naval Organization Window anymore.  If a ship is directly under said Admin Command the ships get put under the main admin command and are totally fine.  I was unable to fix it by refreshing or restarting.

Below a clarification of the needed Naval structure to reproduce this error:
- Deleted admin command
     - Admin command
          - Ghost Fleet