Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25064 times)

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
Official v4.7 Bugs Thread
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »
For some reason i'm getting an overflow error in LoadSalvos whenever i go and advance an increment. The recently-discovered next-door NPR probably has something to do with this.

Database can be gotten here for bug fixin: http://rapidshare.com/files/314010896/S ... e.rar.html

Edit: a second database i have going on my laptop has a 0.00 colony cost planet i just went and discovered not showing up in Potential Colony Site window. I'm fairly certain it's not occupied by anyone...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:50:33 AM by ussdefiant »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: v4.7 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
The Class Design window isn't coming up. Hard to describe, I am using windows7 and the small preview panel shows it when I hover over aurora in the taskbar but when I click on it nothing is displayed. I reset window positions and still nothing. All other windows appear correctly.

You mentioned that you created some designs for this version in the test game, the Mayflower design is classed as a FT but is a colony ship. Not sure if that is a bug in ship auto-generation or if you created them manually, you just forgot to change the ship type descriptor?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »
With the new leaders, I am seeing the occasional (10%) of leaders with no bonuses at all.  I think the code is trying to give them bonuses from other fields, and if it does not generate any that match the leader type then they get no bonus at all.

Brian

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
The Class Design window isn't coming up. Hard to describe, I am using windows7 and the small preview panel shows it when I hover over aurora in the taskbar but when I click on it nothing is displayed. I reset window positions and still nothing. All other windows appear correctly.

You mentioned that you created some designs for this version in the test game, the Mayflower design is classed as a FT but is a colony ship. Not sure if that is a bug in ship auto-generation or if you created them manually, you just forgot to change the ship type descriptor?

I was getting this as well Beer, I thnk its caused by Steve having some exceptional screen real estate!

I managed to fix it by shutting all windows except the menu bar, doing a reset window positions and a refresh all from the Misc menu

hope that helps

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:26:02 PM »
Not really a bug, but it's been a bit of a pain for me.

In the new research screen, when you assign a project, both the tech and the project leader stay in the selection windows.  can make it a little confusing if you forget what your researching and who with.  When you queue the projects they disappear out of the selection window as they used to, so I'm hoping it will be an easy fix to remove them from the selection window for an actual active project.

Matt

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:32:12 AM »
Error in Load Salvos ...... Anyway around this error so I do not have to start again
Move foward and draw fire

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
On entering a system
Error 3314 was generated by DA0.Recordset
The field'RaceSysSurvey.Name' cannot contain a Null value becasue the required property for this field is set to True / Enter a value in this field

The survey ship then vanished and the Jump point aquired a Null destination

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »
When renaming Ground Units.  If you try to rename the unit at the top of the list for that colony it renames the previously selected unit instead   :?
Welchbloke

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »
In the manage shipyards screen the New Name button to allow you to pick a name from the list associated with that class does not work.  It comes up with a "No name type specified for this class".  This happens even though each ship constructed is automatically given a name from the list that "does not exist".

Adam.

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 08:19:31 PM »
In the Technologies page,

Economy increase, and Missile Production capacity increase is missing.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
Don't know if this a bug or 'operator error' but in the Class Design window I don't appear to be able to assign fighters or FAC designs to make a strikegroup for a ship with hanger bays.  I haven't used fighters for some time so I don't know if I've missed something.
Edited to add:
If I shutdown and restart Aurora the fighters become available.
Welchbloke

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:11 AM »
When I try to design a PDC if I set the type to 'PDC' I get an alert in the design errors box that says 'Freighters require at least one Engineering Spaces'. Engineering spaces are not an available choice for type PDC. If I add a damage control component the alert goes away.
Welchbloke

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »
I'm also getting the Error 6 Overflow error in LoadSalvos on time increment, started 3 years in

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:10 AM »
I got this error 3 or 4 times in a row every 5-day-increment. It then went away for about 3 months gametime and has now reappeared.

Error in NPRPopPlanning

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:42 AM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"
I'm also getting the Error 6 Overflow error in LoadSalvos on time increment, started 3 years in
Poor Steve.
In 4.7 are a badly bug's situation:D