Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25080 times)

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Re: v4.7 Bugs
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »
In peeking in the database, both times I got the Load Salvos error there was a single missile salvo listed in the MissileSalvo table, both times fired by Precursors.  There was a 0 in the Target ID field.  I deleted the line and the error went away each time.  I figured if it wasn't targeted on anything it wouldn't hurt to delete it.  :P

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »
Sounds like a precursor/NPR is laying a minefield.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
Promotion for administrators in SM mode does not work. All administrators at start are level 1, Earth requires a level 5 administrator.

Regards
IanD

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Promotion for administrators in SM mode does not work. All administrators at start are level 1, Earth requires a level 5 administrator.

Regards

I thought so too at first, but then I sorted them by administrating rating and some level 5 and even a level 6 showed up.
I am pretty sure there were only level 1 displayed at first.
Of course, my memory might play a trick on me, because I used the "Replace all" feature with a 30 year period and it might be the higher levels only showed up after doing this.

But yes, being able to increase admin rating in SM mode would be nice.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 04:24:53 AM »
Ok, this happend when I decided to try the new boarding stuff.

[attachment=2:1hshf2tj]Log.jpg[/attachment:1hshf2tj]

[attachment=1:1hshf2tj]Error_message.jpg[/attachment:1hshf2tj]

[attachment=0:1hshf2tj]map.jpg[/attachment:1hshf2tj]

apparently, while the boarding was successful, I am not the new owner of the ship.
I don´t think those are precursors, as I highly doubt there will be unarmed, 2500t precursor vessles around (very likely, those are/were survey ships)

Edit: I forgot to mention, that the two companies of Marines vanished into thin air too  :(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:07:16 AM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
The Class Design window isn't coming up. Hard to describe, I am using windows7 and the small preview panel shows it when I hover over aurora in the taskbar but when I click on it nothing is displayed. I reset window positions and still nothing. All other windows appear correctly.
It sounds like I must have had the window minimised when I saved the final database. Make sure the class window is closed when you use reset window positions.

You mentioned that you created some designs for this version in the test game, the Mayflower design is classed as a FT but is a colony ship. Not sure if that is a bug in ship auto-generation or if you created them manually, you just forgot to change the ship type descriptor?
It was manually created and the colony ship was copied from the freighter. I forgot to change the hull type.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:31 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
With the new leaders, I am seeing the occasional (10%) of leaders with no bonuses at all.  I think the code is trying to give them bonuses from other fields, and if it does not generate any that match the leader type then they get no bonus at all.
That is working as intended. Just as before the changes, it is possible that some leaders will start with no bonuses. The Scientists and Admininstrators should always have an admin rating, although it won't be mentioned in the New Officer event unless it is higher than 1. Naval Officers will always have an initiative rating. Army Officers may have no bonus at all but they can still gain experience from ground combat.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"
Not really a bug, but it's been a bit of a pain for me.

In the new research screen, when you assign a project, both the tech and the project leader stay in the selection windows.  can make it a little confusing if you forget what your researching and who with.  When you queue the projects they disappear out of the selection window as they used to, so I'm hoping it will be an easy fix to remove them from the selection window for an actual active project.
Fixed for v4.71

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
In peeking in the database, both times I got the Load Salvos error there was a single missile salvo listed in the MissileSalvo table, both times fired by Precursors.  There was a 0 in the Target ID field.  I deleted the line and the error went away each time.  I figured if it wasn't targeted on anything it wouldn't hurt to delete it.  :P
Did you happen to notice what was in the Endurance field? Based on the fact I introduced Precursor minefields for this version, I wonder if it might be the Endurance field for the uber-long-lived Precursor mines that is causing the overflow. I'll investigate more but that is my working theory at the moment.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Laurence"
Did you happen to notice what was in the Endurance field? Based on the fact I introduced Precursor minefields for this version, I wonder if it might be the Endurance field for the uber-long-lived Precursor mines that is causing the overflow. I'll investigate more but that is my working theory at the moment.
Yes, I believe that is the problem. The endurance of Precursor minefields is being set to a value that will fit in the database but not into the variable into which the data is placed when it is loaded from the database. I'll issue a non-DB patch that should fix the problem both for the future and for any existing errors.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
For some reason i'm getting an overflow error in LoadSalvos whenever i go and advance an increment. The recently-discovered next-door NPR probably has something to do with this.
It is a problem with precursor minefields. I'll put out a patch later today that will fix the existing game.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 09:20:08 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
On entering a system
Error 3314 was generated by DA0.Recordset
The field'RaceSysSurvey.Name' cannot contain a Null value becasue the required property for this field is set to True / Enter a value in this field

The survey ship then vanished and the Jump point aquired a Null destination
Kurt has experienced this problem in his game too. For some reason the system name is being set as blank so the RaceSysSurvey record won't save. This means you can't see the system because the database has no record to link it to your race. The survey ship is safe but it's in a system you can't see  :( . I still haven't figured out why this is happening but I have added some extra checks to prevent a blank name field. Do you happen to know if the system that caused the problem had already been explored by another race, as that was the case both times this happened in Kurt's game?

Also, are you using the Real Stars option or is this a game with randomly generated systems?

If you are able to access the database I can explain how to make the system reappear.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
When renaming Ground Units.  If you try to rename the unit at the top of the list for that colony it renames the previously selected unit instead   :?
I can't reproduce this one at the moment. Does this always happen or is it intermittent?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »
Quote from: "adradjool"
In the manage shipyards screen the New Name button to allow you to pick a name from the list associated with that class does not work.  It comes up with a "No name type specified for this class".  This happens even though each ship constructed is automatically given a name from the list that "does not exist".
Fixed for v4.71

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
When I try to design a PDC if I set the type to 'PDC' I get an alert in the design errors box that says 'Freighters require at least one Engineering Spaces'. Engineering spaces are not an available choice for type PDC. If I add a damage control component the alert goes away.
Fixed for v4.71

Steve