Author Topic: Official v4.7 Bugs Thread  (Read 25103 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v4.7 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 09:36:23 AM »
Quote from: "georgiaboy1966"
In the Technologies page,

Economy increase, and Missile Production capacity increase is missing.
Not sure what you mean by missing. The economy increase (Expand Civilian Economy by 20%) is under Construction/Production and the missile production (Max Ordnance Industrial Capacity) is under Missiles / Kinetic Weapons.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Promotion for administrators in SM mode does not work. All administrators at start are level 1, Earth requires a level 5 administrator.
There is no promotion for administrators or scientists as civilians don't have a rank structure. Instead they have an Administration Rating that determines how many labs or how large a colony they can manage. A more detailed explanation is given in the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1787

Steve

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Andrew"
On entering a system
Error 3314 was generated by DA0.Recordset
The field'RaceSysSurvey.Name' cannot contain a Null value becasue the required property for this field is set to True / Enter a value in this field

The survey ship then vanished and the Jump point aquired a Null destination
Kurt has experienced this problem in his game too. For some reason the system name is being set as blank so the RaceSysSurvey record won't save. This means you can't see the system because the database has no record to link it to your race. The survey ship is safe but it's in a system you can't see  :( . I still haven't figured out why this is happening but I have added some extra checks to prevent a blank name field. Do you happen to know if the system that caused the problem had already been explored by another race, as that was the case both times this happened in Kurt's game?

Also, are you using the Real Stars option or is this a game with randomly generated systems?

If you are able to access the database I can explain how to make the system reappear.

Steve
It was randomly generated Systems. I do not know if any other race had visisted the system , it was one of the first systems probed from my homeworld but the game had been running for 5 years so it could have been .
I resolved the problem for this game by deleting the jump point and creating a replacement

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
There is no promotion for administrators or scientists as civilians don't have a rank structure. Instead they have an Administration Rating that determines how many labs or how large a colony they can manage. A more detailed explanation is given in the following thread

It would be nice if  the SM could increase this Administration Rating, it is near enough to a rank as makes no difference, even if thats not how its intended.

I take back the comment
All administrators at start are level 1
as I have now found the Admin Rating  :oops: .

Regards
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
It would be nice if  the SM could increase this Administration Rating, it is near enough to a rank as makes no difference, even if thats not how its intended.
At first I was going to reply that you can't control other commander attributes as SM but then the light went on and I now understand that as it is a rank equivalent, you want the ability to 'promote' civilians so they can command larger colonies or more research facilities.

The Promote and Demote buttons now change the Admin Rating of civilians by 1. In v4.71 the civilians are listed in order of Admin Rating so their order will change as you 'promote' and 'demote' them. The max admin rating for Adminstrators is 7. There is no max rating for Scientists.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Don't know if this a bug or 'operator error' but in the Class Design window I don't appear to be able to assign fighters or FAC designs to make a strikegroup for a ship with hanger bays.  I haven't used fighters for some time so I don't know if I've missed something.
Edited to add:
If I shutdown and restart Aurora the fighters become available.
I just tested it and it seems to be working OK at the moment. It sounds like something was temporarily preventing the fighters being listed rather than a problem with the assignment code. The usual reason for something like that is whatever is being listed became available while the window was open and it wasn't updated. If it happens again, try reselecting the race in the class window and see if that makes the fighters re-appear. If that doesn't work, please let me know

I don't think you can assign FACs using the Class window.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
I got this error 3 or 4 times in a row every 5-day-increment. It then went away for about 3 months gametime and has now reappeared.

Error in NPRPopPlanning

Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
This is usually caused by the code trying to access a database field that doesn't exist, or trying to access a recordset with no records. I have a suspicion where this might be happening but I haven't managed to recreate it. I have added a popup error message for v4.71 to try and identify it. When you upgrade this game to v4.71, please let me know if this problem is replaced by a new error message as that will help me track it down

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
apparently, while the boarding was successful, I am not the new owner of the ship.
I don´t think those are precursors, as I highly doubt there will be unarmed, 2500t precursor vessles around (very likely, those are/were survey ships)
Edit: I forgot to mention, that the two companies of Marines vanished into thin air too  :(
A few questions:

Did you get a message saying that you had captured the ship through boarding combat? Did you get any messages about taking prisoners? Also, is the ship still there but still an enemy or has it disappeared? Were there any error messages or did everything appear to go smoothly, except the obvious problem with the ship not transfering ownership?

Steve

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
Question: Is v. 4.71 supposed to fix the LoadSalvos problems for existing databases, cause it's still occuring on mine.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
Question: Is v. 4.71 supposed to fix the LoadSalvos problems for existing databases, cause it's still occuring on mine.
Yes it was supposed to fix it :(

I haven't recreated the problem but I had identified something that would cause that problem. I guess I identified the wrong thing. Just to be absolutely sure, please can you check the version number for your game.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 03:01:05 PM »
Yes it was supposed to fix it :(

I haven't recreated the problem but I had identified something that would cause that problem. I guess I identified the wrong thing. Just to be absolutely sure, please can you check the version number for your game.
Btw, was it still an overflow error or was it an invalid use of null error?

Steve

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 03:03:59 PM »
Database = 4.71, aye

here is a link to it, in fact: http://rapidshare.com/files/315888340/S ... e.mdb.html

Also, Manticore B-II is not showing up on the Avaliable colony site screen, and the only real reason i can think of (As that San Martin planet i'm pretty sure is occupied by someone), is that the habitability is 0.00.

Oh, and it's an Invalid Use of Null error.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »
Database = 4.71, aye

Oh, and it's an Invalid Use of Null error.
I have managed to reproduce the invalid use of null. I'll get v4.72 out in the next few minutes.

I tried to download the DB to look at the colony availability problem but the site says I have to be a premium member. Would it be possible to email it to me. The address is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

EDIT: The invalid use of null is caused by an error in the data setup when a precursor minefield was created. The code fix for v4.72 will only prevent future problems rather than fix the existing one (although it does fix the overflow error for existing games). I'll have to create a data patch to modify the existing data for users who have this error at the moment. If anyone wants to fix it themselves, they simply need to put a zero in the MissileSpeed field of the MissileSalvo table for any record where that field is blank.

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
apparently, while the boarding was successful, I am not the new owner of the ship.
I don´t think those are precursors, as I highly doubt there will be unarmed, 2500t precursor vessles around (very likely, those are/were survey ships)
Edit: I forgot to mention, that the two companies of Marines vanished into thin air too  :(
A few questions:

Did you get a message saying that you had captured the ship through boarding combat? Did you get any messages about taking prisoners? Also, is the ship still there but still an enemy or has it disappeared? Were there any error messages or did everything appear to go smoothly, except the obvious problem with the ship not transfering ownership?

Steve

Yes on all accounts

This is the log message about capturing the enemy ship and taking prisoners:

[attachment=2:2n47p008]Log.jpg[/attachment:2n47p008]

This is the error message, that popped up during the boarding action:

[attachment=1:2n47p008]Error_message.jpg[/attachment:2n47p008]

And here is a screenshot from the suposedly captured ship after the boarding, only that it still is an enemy ship:

[attachment=0:2n47p008]map.jpg[/attachment:2n47p008]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:12:27 AM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ussdefiant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
[/quote]
I tried to download the DB to look at the colony availability problem but the site says I have to be a premium member. Would it be possible to email it to me. The address is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com
Steve[/quote]

Email has been sent