Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39458 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »
I redesigned a ship from military to civilian, but can't refit it in a civilian shipyard. Bug or Intended?
If there is greater than 20% difference in parts or size then intended.
How can I find out? It probably is because of new engines etc... .

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »
I redesigned a ship from military to civilian, but can't refit it in a civilian shipyard. Bug or Intended?
If there is greater than 20% difference in parts or size then intended.
How can I find out? It probably is because of new engines etc... .
The Components tab in the Class Design window includes a column for Cost %, among other useful figures. This doesn't directly answer the whole refit question but will tell you if the engines are say 41.6% of a ship's total cost.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=11298.  msg132142#msg132142 date=1589050336
The advance time buttons on the galaxy map do not seem to work - you can click them, and it highlights the button you click, but time does not advance.    They did definitely work in previous 1.  9 versions (99% sure specifically in 1.  9.  4 but definitely in some 1.  9.  x version). 

Happens in new games for me, but if this is not a general issue there is a db that exhibits it attached to a previous comment:
hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=11298.  msg132098#msg132098

This is working fine for me in my current game.   Note that this DB is from an ealier 1. 9. x version tho.

So is mine, so if its working for you in 1.9.5 I guess it must be something unique to my installation - I'll stick a note on my report.

This just happened to me in 1.9.5, too. Database goes back to 1.9 (Should the database matter?). But it only happens with the automated turns button on. If I switch that off again, the advance time buttons on the galaxy map work fine. And I'm rather convinced I have seen that behaviour in previous versions as well. Deemed it one of of Aurora's not so urgent, lovely quirks.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2020, 06:48:36 PM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=11298.  msg132142#msg132142 date=1589050336
The advance time buttons on the galaxy map do not seem to work - you can click them, and it highlights the button you click, but time does not advance.    They did definitely work in previous 1.  9 versions (99% sure specifically in 1.  9.  4 but definitely in some 1.  9.  x version). 

Happens in new games for me, but if this is not a general issue there is a db that exhibits it attached to a previous comment:
hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=11298.  msg132098#msg132098

This is working fine for me in my current game.   Note that this DB is from an ealier 1. 9. x version tho.

So is mine, so if its working for you in 1.9.5 I guess it must be something unique to my installation - I'll stick a note on my report.

This just happened to me in 1.9.5, too. Database goes back to 1.9 (Should the database matter?). But it only happens with the automated turns button on. If I switch that off again, the advance time buttons on the galaxy map work fine. And I'm rather convinced I have seen that behaviour in previous versions as well. Deemed it one of of Aurora's not so urgent, lovely quirks.

Ah!  Yes auto turns off makes them work.  Which means it isn't new in 1.9.5 for me, I just never encountered it before - I only started using those buttons recently, and in that game I was just playing exclusively with auto turns off, at least by the time the galatic map was relevant, and just hitting 30 day increments.

The following users thanked this post: Second Foundationer

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2020, 09:59:51 PM »
Window: During new game creation, immediately after accepting player race.
TN start
Random stars
Separator: '.'
Random High chance with local system chance 0.

1.9.5 Function #3232: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1609: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1562: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1.9.5 Function #1423: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Database then auto-saved normally.

This bug dates back to 1.9.0 and should already be on Steve's round tuit list.  Just confirming that it is still present in 1.9.5.
Previous report:  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11135.msg129172#msg129172

Edit: Also reconfirming the 'hangs at 100% CPU after accepting player race' bug.

Edit2: 5 new games in a row either hung or threw errors with Local System Chance: 0.  I think reproducibility just became a thing here.

Local system chance: 0
Known Stars: off
NPRs activate Ancient Races: on
Commander Political Bonuses: on
No Maintenance: on
Allow Civilian Harvesters: off
Number of Non-Player Races: 3

Failures:  2 with the #3232 error, 2 hung at 100%, and one Luminosity Key Count is 11.
AFAIK, Steve knows this hasn't been fixed, but hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet.
Did you get a game generated that you could load into? I've run into this error, but it seemed to work fine after.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
I granted myself at start 2500 RP and clicked on Construction 12 BP  (3000 points). I expected to have just 500 pts remaining to research, but the tech was fully granted ...
Steve has been asked this question and it's WAI. If you have 1RP for instant it'll let you research anything for free.
I believe Steve said something like it's up to the player if they want to take advantage of this, but he doesn't want to spend time fixing it.

Offline amschnei

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »
In a random stars game, one of my systems has a jump point connection to itself...

I know jump point connection issues have been a thing a lot of people have already reported, so IDK if I should bother providing more info, if so let me know and I'd be happy to provide the database or whatever other info might be required.

EDIT: Attaching DB. There are now two issues:

1) As mentioned previously, system Shanghai has a jump connection to itself. When JP7 (at the time JP3) in Shanghai was explored, it connected to unexplored JP2 (at the time JP1)
2) Subsequently, many systems have connected to Shanghai. I believe this is probably related to the known issue "Local Chance" bug, with Shanghai replacing the previously deleted Sol.

Decimal separator, random stars, conventional start.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:07:46 AM by amschnei »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2020, 01:00:41 AM »
I guess this is more a feature request than a bug... . Main Window, checkboxes "Asteroid with Colony only" and "Asteroid with Mineral only" work as AND connected, which means if you enable both you only get those bodies didplayed which are both, a colony and have minerals. I would say it makes more sense to link them logically with OR, meaning if either of both is true, the body gets displayed.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2020, 03:00:15 AM »
I guess this is more a feature request than a bug... . Main Window, checkboxes "Asteroid with Colony only" and "Asteroid with Mineral only" work as AND connected, which means if you enable both you only get those bodies didplayed which are both, a colony and have minerals. I would say it makes more sense to link them logically with OR, meaning if either of both is true, the body gets displayed.

Please post in suggestions and keep this to strictly bugs.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2020, 03:53:03 AM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: Playing with disabled civilian shipping lines.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 80 years

Minor issues I noticed related to Civilian Shipping Lines Active checkbox. I started with Civilian Shipping Lines Active on. I decided to disable it later and civilians stopped constructing new ships.

Issues I noticed:

New Shipping Lines continue to spawn (they do not construct new ships). So my Naval Organization is getting filled with empty civilian Admin Commands.

It is not possible to delete Shipping Lines (we can delete individual ships) even when they have no ships.

Game does not remember when I disable checkbox Show Civilians (Naval Organization). I have to disable it every time I open Naval Organization. This is problem mainly in longer games when it gets more and more civilian Admin Commands that cant be deleted.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:06:16 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2020, 06:08:36 AM »
Conventional, real stars 1.9 start -> -> 1.9.5, no commas, no dishwashers, campaign purrs for 34 years. Salvaging the wreck of one of my own ships, from a ship class that has not been deleted or obsoleted and is still active (although it's the worst design in the fleet, scrap even before being sandpapered into a wreck).

After salvaging, the event log tells me: salvage of unknown class completed. It's probably minor/purely cosmetic, because it did render two components from that ship class. But since an element of randomness is involved in salvaging (or generating wrecks??) I thought I'd better report it in case it might affect functionality in other occurences. I could provide database if necessary.

edit: replaced ?s from unicode arrows I used out of habit
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 06:10:20 AM by Second Foundationer »

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2020, 06:17:26 AM »
The function number: 3255
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

progressing 1 day at a time

having the naval organisation window open while progressing seems to make the error appear so im assuming somethings wrong there

Conventional start
Real stars
decimal seperator is a period . 
campaign length is 105 years

edit: of course as soon as I post it after replicating it 3 times, i load it up and i cant replicate it. . .

Confirmed, it reproduced for me

To add to this, I think I found the issue:
Having "Naval Organisation"-window open, but no fleet selected (only possible right after launching the game) when a ship is built seems to cause this bug. No error when window is not open, and no error if some fleet is selected when ship is built.

Thanks, matches what I reproduced
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:56:34 AM by Bughunter »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2020, 06:34:56 AM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: Assigning Commanders to ship modules
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 110 years

In the Commander Screen there are several UI bugs:
a) When you click on one of the Ground Force Commander Ranks, the UI for the dropdown box what you want to change (Academy Commandant, Ground Forces) changes; but if you then click on one of the naval officers, the drop down box keeps the options for ground forces rather than switching back to the naval optioins. If you though click on one of the ranks rather than any of the commanders, it works fine.
The error doesn't appear the other way around, meaning when you are on one of the naval command ranks and click on on one of the ground commanders, the dropdown box switches correctly.

b) When you want to select officers for one of your ships you get all positions shown all of the time. However, if you want to add officers to one of the lower ranks of your ships (Chief Engineer etc.), if you have an officer selected that is lower or right in rank the empty position is shown. But if you start with an officer that is of a higher rank than what the position allows, those positions get removed from the list below the dropdown box.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:16:29 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Foolcow

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2020, 07:15:06 AM »
Survey fleets only get the benefits from the admin commands above them at the time the fleets are initially created.  If you add a new admin command to the chain and put in an additional officer with a survey bonus, the fleet will still accumulate survey points at the same rate as before.  To get the new bonus, you have to create a new fleet in the bottom link of the chain and then move the survey ship into that fleet.

Offline IAMTHEONE

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2020, 08:49:57 AM »
Version 1.   9.   5
Function #: 2786
Error Text: The given key was not present in the dictionary
What you were doing at the time: unloading all Installations on a colony
Is your decimal separator a comma? What decimal separator?
Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 70 years
Weirdness: First time unloading worked, every other time throws up the error message, then it doesn't work.     I don't know if this happens with different fleet actions.     This bug happened in versions 1.    9.    3 and 1.    9.    4.   
The Error Message flashed 19 times.   
Also, is it possible to transport part of a CI? Asking for a friend.   

Thanks.   

EDIT: So after more experimentation, I have discovered that this bug is only occurs if you have your cargo shuttle bays in a different ship as your cargo bays.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:04:40 PM by IAMTHEONE »