Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • S
    • http://www.starfireassistant.com
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2018, 10:25:11 AM »
Will the way ship movement is calculated be more advanced when travelling between two moving objects (like planets)? I.E. will the ship take its travel time into account and move towards the expected target position at that time, or simply calc its movement to the actual position of the target and then every movement cycle "adjust" to the "new" position?

Fleets will adjust their course to intercept moving fleets but not system bodies. The problem in the latter case is that the body could be a moon orbiting a planet orbiting a star which is orbiting another star, which itself is orbiting another star (and everything is moving in an arc, not a straight line). Trying to calculate the best intercept position for a fleet and a system body in that situation is not straightforward. Doing that for a lot of fleets would be a lot of calculations.

As system bodies move slowly compared to fleets, I think the performance downside of all those extra calculations is probably not worth the game play benefit.

The following users thanked this post: King-Salomon, Agoelia

Offline DEEPenergy

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
Hi Steve

Will there be any way to upgrade ground units with better equipment after they've been built?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • S
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 04:46:55 AM »
Hi Steve

Will there be any way to upgrade ground units with better equipment after they've been built?

Probably, although I haven't coded it yet.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Not sure if I have missed this. Was just wondering how damaged or destroyed units in ground formations will be dealt with after combat. Will they be repaired / replaced over time or will you need to build individual replacement units to get them back to strength now the concept of readiness has gone? Is there still the concept of replacement units to speed up rebuild if you don’t need to replace one for one?

The following users thanked this post: Agoelia

Offline Whitecold

• Lieutenant
  • W
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 12:50:50 PM »
Somewhere along the lines NPR that do not use jump gates have been mentioned. Can these NPRs handle civilian traffic/use jump tenders? Similarly, does the players civilian network will use jump tenders stationed at WPs?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • S
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 01:02:21 PM »
Somewhere along the lines NPR that do not use jump gates have been mentioned. Can these NPRs handle civilian traffic/use jump tenders? Similarly, does the players civilian network will use jump tenders stationed at WPs?

I haven't added a non-jump gate NPR yet. I only have the first template operating at the moment (well, three similar ones with different weapons). As I add more I will look at how civilians handle no jump gates.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52