Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40631 times)

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2020, 09:16:54 AM »
When starting conventional and beginning to convert my factories to other things I keep getting:
Function #1608: An item with the same key has already been added.
Function #1562: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function #1558: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function #815: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This happens every few days or so.  Right now I'm currently converting my CI to mines, construction factories, fighter factories, fuel refineries, and financial centers. 

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:09 AM »
The "SM add" button in the industry tab seems not to do anything, and I can't find any other way to edit the facilities of a planet (no sign of the window that did that back in VB6)

I can confirm the former, but editing facilities is done from the Civilian Economy tab.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
Fleet Organisation refused to open after i deleted all fleets in a new game, hit refresh tactictal map and saved.   That's the only thing I did after creating a new standard Sol game, and creating a new game solved the issue.   Doing these steps again did not cause fleet Organisation Window to bug. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:23:42 AM by Energyz »

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »
Probably known but Design Tech and View Tech buttons in Class Design don't do anything.
Unlock Design is not gated behind SM Mode.
Update Armour seems to work on existing/locked ships (probably should be restricted to new designs).

Not sure if because I pressed "Design Philosophy", but I can see all the new Civilian components like EM sensors and their engines (no ships built yet though). Took them about 5 and a bit years to design them though... maybe because I just surveyed a bunch of things in Sol?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »
The "SM add" button in the industry tab seems not to do anything, and I can't find any other way to edit the facilities of a planet (no sign of the window that did that back in VB6)

Did you select an installation type before clicking Add?

EDIT: Sorry, thought you meant Civilian tab. That button is dead and I forgot to remove. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:29:36 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
When starting conventional and beginning to convert my factories to other things I keep getting:
Function #1608: An item with the same key has already been added.
Function #1562: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function #1558: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function #815: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This happens every few days or so.  Right now I'm currently converting my CI to mines, construction factories, fighter factories, fuel refineries, and financial centers.

I've run that code a lot so it sounds like something else is going on. Any other bugs that happened first?

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »
Instant build in the class design window seems to use instant build points, but is otherwise nonfunctional. What is the dropdown menu in that tab supposed to be?

Offline zerolightning

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • z
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2020, 09:31:19 AM »
Found a bug that causes divide by 0 errors each time time passes and each time a menu button is pressed (tried industry, research, and those near them).

What causes this: Trying to refit a ship from and to the same class.
How to reproduce:
  • Create a ship design
  • Build a ship of that design
  • Unlock the design and change it.  (What I did was remove old engines and put in newer engines with new tech)
  • Try to refit a ship.  At the time I had only 1 ship design so it automatically wanted to refit from Tokyo (ship class name) to Tokyo.
  • Enjoy(?) the errors

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2020, 09:33:13 AM »
Construction of objects with a Cap below 100% isn't working properly.

I am doing conventional and Created a "Convert CI to Mine", and "Convert CI to Construction Factory" jobs at 40%, and a "Convert CI To Fuel Refinery" job at 20% (and then more below that). Only the Mine conversion is progressing (although it is progressing at 40% speed)!

Edit: Ok, this issue seems to actually have been that objects weren't automatically moved from the Queue to active work? I saw that all the jobs but the top one were in the Queue and manually moved the next two up, and now they are all progressing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:37:55 AM by Yonder »

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2020, 09:33:56 AM »
Conventional start after TN researched. I can create launchers with sizes 0.6, 0.4, 0.3, and box, but not 0.75. x0.75 Missile Launcher size is a research project for 2 (not 2000, 2 exactly) research points.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2020, 09:35:18 AM »
Instant build in the class design window seems to use instant build points, but is otherwise nonfunctional. What is the dropdown menu in that tab supposed to be?

Used to specify the fleet for the new ships.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
My first game creation attempt seemed to hang - I tried creating a conventional start with 8 NPRs. The game froze after the create player race phase. I assume that it ended up in some sort of loop trying to place one of the NPRs.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2020, 09:36:49 AM »
Conventional start after TN researched. I can create launchers with sizes 0.6, 0.4, 0.3, and box, but not 0.75. x0.75 Missile Launcher size is a research project for 2 (not 2000, 2 exactly) research points.

Fixed.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
Probably a known issue that was missed out, but using the company name button when designing techs generates multiple errors before populating the company name with 'error'.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2020, 09:42:03 AM »
Under some conditions (Seems tied to larger number of NPRs) the new game generation will freeze up indefinitely after creating your player race. On restarting Aurora the new game will be listed but will contain a blank state, when deleting such corrupted games in some situations it seems to cause the remaining game entries to get renamed to 'h1'.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement