Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40640 times)

Offline Cyborg29

• Leading Rate
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
I'd like to report two bugs:

1) The missile design window throws the "Function #2609: Attempted to divide by zero" error when i open it, atleast with no missiles designed;

2) The "wide view" in the class design menu isn't remembered when i reopen the window.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2020, 09:44:06 AM »
Probably a known issue that was missed out, but using the company name button when designing techs generates multiple errors before populating the company name with 'error'.

I've used that button a lot without issue. Not sure what is going on there. What was the error text?

Offline Annuminas

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Hey Steve, congrats on getting this out.

This may or may not be an issue, might be user error. When I selected under Display to Show Events, I assume like in VB Aurora they would appear in the bottom of the screen as they happen, but so far nothing has appeared, and in the actual event screen I am not seeing finished research every time, and when I set the Days for the events greater than 30, it doesn't show anything. Perhaps I am using the Event screen wrong, but the bug is the events not showing up at the bottom of the screen when I selected for it to do so under Display.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Thanks.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
Hey Steve, congrats on getting this out.

This may or may not be an issue, might be user error. When I selected under Display to Show Events, I assume like in VB Aurora they would appear in the bottom of the screen as they happen, but so far nothing has appeared, and in the actual event screen I am not seeing finished research every time, and when I set the Days for the events greater than 30, it doesn't show anything. Perhaps I am using the Event screen wrong, but the bug is the events not showing up at the bottom of the screen when I selected for it to do so under Display.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Thanks.

Events on main window isn't coded yet. For future bug reports, please check the Known issues post to avoid duplication. Thanks.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
Probably a known issue that was missed out, but using the company name button when designing techs generates multiple errors before populating the company name with 'error'.

I've used that button a lot without issue. Not sure what is going on there. What was the error text?

Happens each time when designing a engine and using the company name button, across varying engine techs and performance states.

Ugh, anyway to have the forums automatically rescale images. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:50:05 AM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
When using the mineral survey window, clicking on a body causes the tactical map to center on that body, regardless of whether the "Centre on selected body" checkbox is checked or not.

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2020, 09:47:59 AM »
Bugs regarding medals

Medal assignment
Created a medal (selected multiple awards and added condition of complete research project)
Manually assigned to researcher.    (first)
Medal management screen updated to show 1 awarded medal.   
Manually assigned to the same research again.   
Medal management screen did not update to show 2 awarded medal.   

The log for the researcher states that the medal has been awarded twice.   

Medal update issue
After creating a medal, you're able to change: the promotion score modifier, medal abbreviation and the allow multiple awards checkbox.   
But you do not see the conditions you set for the medal and thus not change them.   

Awarding medal to formations
(In the 'ground forces' window)

Awarding a medal to a formation without commander results in error:
"Function #1884: object reference not set to an instance of an object.  "

When awarding a medal to a formation with a commander, it doesn't do anything?
The Medal management window still shows 0 awarded medals for the corresponding medal.
(A basic medal without conditions and not multiple)

Question
Maybe i don't understand the multiple checkbox.
Is it to assign multiple awards to the same person?
Or assign to multiple persons? And each medal can only be rewarded once to a person?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:02:35 AM by MinuteMan »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
When using the mineral survey window, clicking on a body causes the tactical map to center on that body, regardless of whether the "Centre on selected body" checkbox is checked or not.

Fixed.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
You can edit the class description (list of all components, speed, number of crews, etc. . . ) in class design window.  It does nothing but i don't remember it being that way in VB6, probably unwanted

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2020, 09:53:32 AM »
New Game creation frequently throws errors and then hangs permanently, instead of starting the game.

It seems tied to NPR generation when Known Star Systems is unchecked. Selecting higher numbers of NPRs at game start seems to exacerbate this.

Highly reproducable by 1) unchecking "Known Star Systems", 2) setting number of NPRs to 5 or more, and 3) Clicking Create Game and Create Race. Then it throws errors and hangs.

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg121014#msg121014 date=1586701836
Quote from: Kiks link=topic=10636. msg120997#msg120997 date=1586701014
When starting conventional and beginning to convert my factories to other things I keep getting:
Function #1608: An item with the same key has already been added. 
Function #1562: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
Function #1558: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
Function #815: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

This happens every few days or so.   Right now I'm currently converting my CI to mines, construction factories, fighter factories, fuel refineries, and financial centers. 

I've run that code a lot so it sounds like something else is going on.  Any other bugs that happened first?

No this is off of a fresh start so everything else is good.  The only other thing I'm doing is research but that shouldn't effect anything.  After a few iterations the pop ups went away though

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »
You can edit the class description (list of all components, speed, number of crews, etc. . . ) in class design window.  It does nothing but i don't remember it being that way in VB6, probably unwanted

Fixed.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »
New Game creation frequently throws errors and then hangs permanently, instead of starting the game.

It seems tied to NPR generation when Known Star Systems is unchecked. Selecting higher numbers of NPRs at game start seems to exacerbate this.

Highly reproducable by 1) unchecking "Known Star Systems", 2) setting number of NPRs to 5 or more, and 3) Clicking Create Game and Create Race. Then it throws errors and hangs.

It happens regardless to known star systems.

I've found increasing minimum and/or max NPR LY distance seems to cause the new game corruption more likely to occur even with NPR counts of 3 or 4 on 1,000 sized galaxies.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »
In the construction window, the dropdown for maintenance supplies does not work. When selecting maintenance supplies the list remains at whatever was previously chosen. Presumably maintenance supplies should be removed from that dropdown as you can start/stop maintenance supplies with a button at the bottom of the screen instead.

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2020, 09:58:27 AM »

It happens regardless to known star systems.

I've found increasing minimum and/or max NPR LY distance seems to cause the new game corruption more likely to occur even with NPR counts of 3 or 4 on 1,000 sized galaxies.

Perhaps you are experiencing a different problem. There is a definite difference in errors associated with unchecking Known Star Systems on my end. I get no errors with high numbers of starting NPRs on Known Stars.

This is highly reproducible on my end, tied to unchecking Known Star Systems.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:03:43 AM by fflaguna »