Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40625 times)

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2020, 10:49:27 AM »
It looks like you can't stockpile ship components to speed up ship construction. Doing so just causes those components to go unused.

EDIT: I missed the "Use Components" checkbox. That said, there are apparently still some bugs, as SerBeardian reported.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:07:46 PM by Inglonias »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
Creating a neutral human race on Earth with the NPR and neutral race boxes checked and a population of 7 billion causes an object reference not set error in function 2110.

It works if just the neutral race box is checked.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
Ships don't display as being over 500 tons unless they are over 10.05 tons actual size. It can be 10.003 tons and the ship won't qualify as a fighter, but it will appear to be only 500 tons next to the name of the ship. Taking it to 10.06 tons switches the display over to 505 tons.

Fixed.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »
Unsure if this is a bug, a racial setting that I didn't look at during setup, or intentional, but my race starts with big ground combat bonuses I wasn't expecting. At game start, I had a racial weapon strength of x3, though armour was only x1. I got Trans-Newtonian, and it's up to weapons x5 and armour x4. I don't see any techs I can research to improve those values, though.

Also, while I was looking at that, I see that the tech window's "Available/Completed/Exc Start" buttons don't work. It always shows me available techs.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
Unsure if this is a bug, a racial setting that I didn't look at during setup, or intentional, but my race starts with big ground combat bonuses I wasn't expecting. At game start, I had a racial weapon strength of x3, though armour was only x1. I got Trans-Newtonian, and it's up to weapons x5 and armour x4. I don't see any techs I can research to improve those values, though.

Also, while I was looking at that, I see that the tech window's "Available/Completed/Exc Start" buttons don't work. It always shows me available techs.

Ground weapons and armour ratings are based on your highest researched weapon and armour tech (for ships).

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Here's another weird one - created a basic freighter class, toggle the "conscript" check off and on a couple times and the exact class size changes several times. Floating point rounding error?

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »
Discovered a very minor bug while using Linux that other Linux users have also consistently reported.

When you try to change the race picture, ship, or flag, you get an error that reads: Function #1725: Value does not fall within the expected range. This is immediately followed by another that reads (for example, with flags): C:\Aurora\\Flags\error (where my Aurora directory is C:\Aurora)

For the other errors it shows the Races or Ships directory instead. But note the double backslash in the path (\\) between the install directory and the relative path.

This isn't a big issue, and I understand you probably have no desire to support Linux. I'm not asking for a fix. I wasn't going to report this at all, but someone wisely reminded me you were using this also as a learning project for C#.NET, so I thought bringing this up might be helpful to you.

This is because Steve is probably doing something like this:

string folder = install_folder + "\\Flags";

It can be fixed by doing this instead:

string folder = Path.Combine(install_folder, "Flags");

Path.Combine() automatically takes care of os-specific path thingies and is generally the recommended way of working with path strings.

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
After relaunching the program, unlocking a design and adding cargo handlers a lot of technologies suddenly got completed (conventional start).

Edit: Another relaunch prompted the very same behavior.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:13:08 AM by Gladaed »

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »
After relaunching the program, unlocking a design and adding cargo handlers a lot of technologies suddenly got completed (conventional start).

Edit: Another relaunch prompted the very same behavior.

Yep same thing here on a Conventional Start and adding TN technology.

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »
It even duplicated my self designed engine.  Thank god for me giving it a brand name.

Offline lupin-de-mid

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »
Probably already reported but
Double click on category in class design add latest added component to design.(crew quarters auto remove itself immediately)

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »
"Refuel Fleet from own tankers" order is broken. The tanker fleet moves close to the refuel target, but not on top of them, then marks the order as complete and moves on. Repeatedly giving the tanker the refuel order (and no other orders) causes it to move closer to the target each time, then stop without reaching it. At around 3k km, the tanker fleet stops moving closer to the target fleet.

The target fleet is stationary (out of fuel) and the tanker has a refuelling system on it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:37:39 AM by Marslettuce »

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2020, 11:35:53 AM »
"Refuel Fleet from own tankers" order is broken. The tanker fleet moves close to the refuel target, but not on top of them, then marks the order as complete and moves on. Repeatedly giving the tanker the order causes it to move closer to the target each time, then stop without reaching it.

The target fleet is stationary (out of fuel) and the tanker has a refuelling system on it.

Refuel Fleet from own tankers means refuel the fleet from tankers that are already part of the fleet.

The following users thanked this post: Marslettuce

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
Not sure if I missed this as an update/feature or it's a bug but it seems you can teleport freshly made ships to your fleet by moving the fleet while the ship is building.

Offline Lemmingwave

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2020, 11:41:06 AM »
The "Events Window" in my game does not show any events.