Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40672 times)

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »
I can't refit my ships, when I want to their names don't appear in the drag down box so I can add the task and if I try to add without selecting the name I get a divide by 0 error.

Is the shipyard tooled to refit them?

Yes I retooled it, after the retooling it says refit from and then the new class design but if I click my old ship design (for the refit from drop down) for example none of them appear in the drop down. This might be an issue with me obsoleting them but this never happened in VB when I did it like this.

Sorry for stupid questions :) but are they in same location as shipyard?

Yes they are orbiting home world.

I edited the above for a bit more info.

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
I am not sure the "Maximum Sub-Pulse Length" setting is working. If I set it to 5 seconds and then, for example, order a task group to another body and push "Progress 30 days", then I'd expect the turn interval when the orders complete and get interrupted to be a certain number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds since the time resolution is on 5-second intervals. Instead, ALL of my 30-day turns appear to stop at an even number of days+hours, never a partial hour. The progressed time increment is always something like 15:12:00:00, never something like 15:11:55:25.

In fact, eyeballing the log, it looks when I progress time forward by 30 days at a time it is using sub-pulse lengths of 6 hours... regardless of what I click to set the max sub-pulse length to.

The game uses the default if you choose a sub-pulse length that will result in more than 100 sub-pulses. Given how fast C# Aurora is, I'll change that to 500.

I personally prefer the "warning" from VB6, so you still have full control over turn intervals if desired. But not urgent right now.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »
I figured it out, the obsoleted classes don't appear in the refit from drop down like they did in VB and my ships are actually of a class I obsoleted.

Sorry about that confusion. I guess I can only obsolete now when I have no more of them out.

Nevermind I un-obsoleted them and it still doesn't work, however I suspect obsoleting them first caused this.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 01:24:21 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
I can't refit my ships, when I want to their names don't appear in the drag down box so I can add the task and if I try to add without selecting the name I get a divide by 0 error.

Yes I retooled it, after the retooling it says refit from and then the new class design but if I click my old ship design (for the refit from drop down) for example none of them appear in the drop down. This might be an issue with me obsoleting them but this never happened in VB when I did it like this.

Looks like obsolete is the issue. Try un-obsoleting them.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2020, 01:25:05 PM »

Looks like obsolete is the issue. Try un-obsoleting them.

Un-obsoleting does not make them appear in the drop down. I do think obsoleting them caused the issue in the first place.

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »
Civilian shipping lines right now cause auto-turn interrupts when they 1) Research civilian engine parts, or 2) Are unable to load "free" Wealth/Trade infrastructure because the pop can't produce it fast enough and ran out of their annual supply.

It would be better if these two events didn't interrupt player auto-turns.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »
I figured it out, the obsoleted classes don't appear in the refit from drop down like they did in VB and my ships are actually of a class I obsoleted.

Sorry about that confusion. I guess I can only obsolete now when I have no more of them out.

Nevermind I un-obsoleted them and it still doesn't work, however I suspect obsoleting them first caused this.

Are they more than 20% larger or smaller than the ship you want to refit to?

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
I was going to post a bug with just the date, but I appear to have bigger issues. 

Time isnt advancing for me even although the date on the main window is. 

Ive started 2 games and all my research projects from the first game appear in the second game. 

Also even although time is standing still, 30 days forward from 1st Jan shows the 31st Jan then 2nd March, I thought Aurora had 30 day months. 

Edit: I know what I did wrong, I closed the new race window instead of clicking new race.  I was then stuck between information about my partially created new game and the existing one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:20:10 PM by stabliser »

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »
Civilian transport contracts do not subtract the amount delivered from the amount supplied/demanded, causing contracts to last forever instead of being fulfilled.

For example, I requested 2000 infrastructure moved from Earth to Luna. Civilians successfully started moving it. But a year later after delivering all of the requested infrastructure and then some, they still had 2000 infrastructure listed as a supply contract on Earth, and 2000 listed as demand contract on Luna—meaning shipping lines would keep trying to move my infrastructure indefinitely, until the Earth is drained of infrastructure and the civilians start throwing "none were available for pickup" errors in the Event Log.

To reproduce, just create a supply contract and a demand contract on two different bodies and watch as the civilians transport the goods indefinitely from the supplying planet to the demanding planet.

To build on to this: Variances in supply and demand amounts result in odd behavior. I had a demand for 1 mass driver on Luna and Mercury and a supply for 5 mass drivers on Earth with a total of 6 available. The end result was that 3 mass drivers were delivered to each of the colonies, with all three contracts remaining active.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2020, 01:31:29 PM »
Particle Beam Range tech shows "The maximum range of all torpedo types" as the description.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »
When designing a class, clicking "show size in tons" can cause the size to change. I believe it is just a calculation error in the displayed tonnage vs. the actual tonnage as the exact class size eventually stops changing if you click it enough. Likewise, small changes don't throw it off as much.

Not (technically) a bug.

- - - - -

Armour size (tonnage) calculations are affected by the size of the ship, and are only iterated three times each time the size of the ship changes (despite being an integral).
 So if you dramatically affect a ship's size (a.k.a. tonnage, a.k.a. volume) or have many layers of armour, the calculation will be "wrong" by a lot.  Each time you click, it gets closer to the true number, and eventually Aurora gets close enough that the change is less than 50 tons (in VB Aurora) or 0.5 tons (in C# Aurora).

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
I was going to post a bug with just the date, but I appear to have bigger issues.

Time isnt advancing for me even although the date on the main window is.

Ive started 2 games and all my research projects from the first game appear in the second game.

Also even although time is standing still, 30 days forward from 1st Jan shows the 31st Jan then 2nd March, I thought Aurora had 30 day months.

VB Aurora did.  C# Aurora has Earth's Gregorian calendar.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2020, 01:37:57 PM »
Civilian transport contracts do not subtract the amount delivered from the amount supplied/demanded, causing contracts to last forever instead of being fulfilled.

For example, I requested 2000 infrastructure moved from Earth to Luna. Civilians successfully started moving it. But a year later after delivering all of the requested infrastructure and then some, they still had 2000 infrastructure listed as a supply contract on Earth, and 2000 listed as demand contract on Luna—meaning shipping lines would keep trying to move my infrastructure indefinitely, until the Earth is drained of infrastructure and the civilians start throwing "none were available for pickup" errors in the Event Log.

To reproduce, just create a supply contract and a demand contract on two different bodies and watch as the civilians transport the goods indefinitely from the supplying planet to the demanding planet.

To build on to this: Variances in supply and demand amounts result in odd behavior. I had a demand for 1 mass driver on Luna and Mercury and a supply for 5 mass drivers on Earth with a total of 6 available. The end result was that 3 mass drivers were delivered to each of the colonies, with all three contracts remaining active.

Yup.  Commercial shipping is not marking contracts as "Complete" and therefore continuing to deliver until the supply runs out (and even then still trying to deliver more).

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »

Are they more than 20% larger or smaller than the ship you want to refit to?

Ah yes this is probably it. My bad. I feel like an idiot. Totally forgot that from 8000 -> 10000 is a 25 percent increase. I was thinking that since I was using efficiency 5 jump engines it meant that it would only be a 20% difference :)

I tested it with obsolete flags and everything now and it works just like it does in VB.

The only problem is when you try to refit and the final drop down is empty and you will get a divide by 0 error that will follow you forever and maybe possible to get rid of if you SM the shipyard out of existence but I just quit and reloaded my save instead of trying to fix it (good feature!).

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
Thanks for the GREAT game! Some observations creating a custom scenario:

1.  If you change the SM-mode or autoturns on the tactical screen the change is not visible (but the mode is changing) in the galactic map window.  If you change them in the galactic map window the buttons do change in the tactical window. 

2.  Creating a new race the "Industrial Percantage"-modifier doesn´t change the number of installations (not visually in the new race window, not ingame).

3.  With "Auto Design Ground Forces" some of the HQ-settings seem to be off.  They are alright at brigade-level (HQ50 for size of 45-49, [brigade HQ + subordinate formations]) but off on some of the regiments (HQ7-9 for size 12-16, especially infantry and construction).

4.  When doing a "Full Grav Survey" in SM-mode I´m getting #2568-errors, one per jumppoint.  When entering the unexplored jumppoints I get a #3102 (probably because the jumppoint is not explored. . . ), when exploring I get a #1558.

5.  Even in SM-mode, I can`t find the "research everything under xyz RP" (the old "All Research" and "All Field Res"-buttons) in the research window.  Instead the is a non-functioning "compare"-button.