Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40636 times)

Offline Chris Foster

• Petty Officer
  • C
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2020, 03:08:15 AM »
Getting error code, Function: 1512, after setting up the standing orders for the first ship i built (geosurvey).  It's one of those errors that can't be closed :).  i guessing it may have something to do with separations whether it is .  or , i cant remember.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2020, 03:18:39 AM »
Getting error code, Function: 1512, after setting up the standing orders for the first ship i built (geosurvey).  It's one of those errors that can't be closed :).  i guessing it may have something to do with separations whether it is .  or , i cant remember.

I don't believe that the C# version shares any error messages with the VB version. Also, the thousands seperator should no longer be an issue.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2020, 03:25:49 AM »
I encountered issue with ship size in relation to shipyards. I have design that shows as 28000 tons but it is not possible to build it in shipyard of the same size. When I make shipyard with capacity of 28050 tons it is possible to build the ship. I presume that this is some rounding problem and ship has actually more than 28000 tons by very small amount that is not shown.

Offline Chris Foster

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:41 AM »
Quote from: db48x link=topic=10636. msg121542#msg121542 date=1586765919
Quote from: Chris Foster link=topic=10636. msg121538#msg121538 date=1586765295
Getting error code, Function: 1512, after setting up the standing orders for the first ship i built (geosurvey).   It's one of those errors that can't be closed :).   i guessing it may have something to do with separations whether it is .   or , i cant remember.

I don't believe that the C# version shares any error messages with the VB version.  Also, the thousands seperator should no longer be an issue.

Well thats good to know at least, turning off the auto turn stops the error from coming up so through lots of button mashing i got it off and game saved *phew*

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2020, 03:27:09 AM »
Getting function #1414 Strangely enought its in swedish... ???
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2020, 03:41:50 AM »
[Possibly intended] When I set a ship to survey as its primary standing order and refuel as its secondary, when it runs out of things to survey and goes home to refuel, it sends an "Orders Assigned" event every single tick, even after it arrives home. Changing the secondary standing order to No Orders fixes this.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »
The class hull selection drop down menu includes the abbreviation when you type in the name.   
So you can't find colonizer by writing col and then down arrow.    You must write CS.   

Often I only have a vague idea of what kind of hull name I'm going to use, so no clue what the correct abbreviation will be.   
Like missile-"whatever"

It's sorted correctly by full name tho.   

Edit: Might just be not implemented yet, but I can find no indication of how long loading/unloading will take for a ship design.   Adding shuttles adds a Multiplier, but difficult to know what effect that has.
Edit2: Turns out I'm blind :) loading/unloading is there
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:45:46 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2020, 04:36:02 AM »
Edit: Might just be not implemented yet, but I can find no indication of how long loading/unloading will take for a ship design.  Adding shuttles adds a Multiplier, but difficult to know what effect that has

It says that in the top right corner, just to the left of 'Exact Size'.

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2020, 04:36:27 AM »
Here's a weird one: Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

From a quick search it appears that this kind of error message shows up when it can't load a .NET component. However, why would this pop up after the game is loaded? Surely it's loaded all of those things already during startup?

Offline adriaans

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2020, 04:44:03 AM »
A few bugs;

Bug 1: Lock design does not work, you can still edit the design with that selected which lead to the next bug;
Bug 2: Due to lock design not working I accidentally modified the locked design instead of a copied design, which I then tried to do a refit with, this caused the game to delete my shipyards, and give perpetual divide by 0 errors on every menu opened and every time increment, the errors were - Function 2196 and function 2185. 

Bug 3: Civilian contracts just keep looping, if I ask for say 10 mass drivers (or infrastructure, anything) to be moved to say Mars, they will move 10, then move another 10, then another 10, until you run out, pretty bad when suddenly earth is out of mass drivers due to this. 
In Vb6 when you asked for 10 to be moved 10 was the max moved, while now it is 10 at a time until you run out, it does not cancel/fill the contracts at that time and perpetually loops. 

Bug 4: Open fuel report windows opens Medal management instead.  (on the icon menu at the top of the screen). 

Not a bug, but there is no option for my freighters to only pick up a specific amount of installations, they will grab as much as their cargo can hold, so I cannot pick up just 1 if it can hold 10. 

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2020, 04:53:25 AM »
Getting a bug that ends my current 1.00 game. I have it saved so that every time I try to go past 15 February of the month, I get an endless error loop of "Function #1414 Object Reference Not Set to an Image of an Object".

I attatched the DB file.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2020, 05:16:43 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that tooltips change which window is on top when they appear? For example, if I click the research window button then the research window appears and is on top of the system view as desired. However, if I leave my mouse there for a quarter second, the tooltip for the button will appear and the system view will go back to being on top, hiding the research window.

I have not experienced that.  Do you perhaps have Windows (or mouse) settings to "Select on Hover"?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2020, 05:27:51 AM »
I have no idea what happened exactly so I don't know whether this is a bug or what.
I had 40 fighters fire at 4 enemies. The missiles were flying, everything was fine then one fighter died and all the missiles disappeared. Unlike in VB6 Aurora there is no way to see missiles in flight (at least I couldn't find a relevant screen) so I don't know if this is a display issue or if all the missiles just died after one of the vessels in a group died and had their fire controls cut.

Edit: I have redone the battle, same result and the remaining missiles definitely disappeared as otherwise they would have hit the enemies but I have seen no detonations. Sync fire was on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:45:01 AM by Haji »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2020, 05:31:34 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that tooltips change which window is on top when they appear? For example, if I click the research window button then the research window appears and is on top of the system view as desired. However, if I leave my mouse there for a quarter second, the tooltip for the button will appear and the system view will go back to being on top, hiding the research window.

I have not experienced that.  Do you perhaps have Windows (or mouse) settings to "Select on Hover"?

No I don't, but that does seem like a good guess. I wouldn't  have thought to check for that.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2020, 05:55:16 AM »
[Possibly intended] When I set a ship to survey as its primary standing order and refuel as its secondary, when it runs out of things to survey and goes home to refuel, it sends an "Orders Assigned" event every single tick, even after it arrives home. Changing the secondary standing order to No Orders fixes this.
This is intended. Leave secondary order empty and use Conditional order for refueling instead.