Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22843 times)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2020, 10:24:40 PM »
Now this is a useful response; that does seem to be it.

Weird how the gas we are supposed to use to heat up planets can freeze, perhaps that is unintended behavior.

Any gas has a freezing point therefore not all bodies can be heated. You may check what gas can be used prior terraforming a body.

To be completely honest I even forgot that new feature on terraforming.

There was a previous report of these gasses freezing unexpectedly. I don't recall whether it was fixed or not, and a quick search didn't turn it up (I probably searched for the wrong words).

Offline johiah

• Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »
I seem to have found an odd little duckling of a bug related to low gravity colonies when they are below 1 million pop.    In the imaged I attached you can see Deimos' LG infra, current pop, and pop cap.    Despite having plenty of LG infra, my political stability is going down due to overcrowding.    Yes this is 1.   6.   3
Upon further examination I realized it was the carrying capacity of the planet as a whole that was the issue.  Whoopsies!

Oh an unrelated thing that's persisted since 1.  0.  0, if you mark an old ship design as obsolete it doesn't appear as a design you can select for refitting, yet you can select it for scrapping.   Presumably this is not WAI?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:14:42 AM by johiah »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »
Now this is a useful response; that does seem to be it.

Weird how the gas we are supposed to use to heat up planets can freeze, perhaps that is unintended behavior.

Any gas has a freezing point therefore not all bodies can be heated. You may check what gas can be used prior terraforming a body.

To be completely honest I even forgot that new feature on terraforming.

There was a previous report of these gasses freezing unexpectedly. I don't recall whether it was fixed or not, and a quick search didn't turn it up (I probably searched for the wrong words).

One of the previous issues was the gas meant to cool would evaporate before it can cool on really hot planets. I think this is similar with the gas meant to heat freezing on cold planets.

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2020, 10:43:35 PM »
System bodies (such as planets, moons, and asteroids) do not scale in size when zooming in on the tactical map; they seem fixed to only one "size" on the tactical map. I assume this is a bug since when one zooms in on Sol, the yellow circle representing the star increases in size relative to zoom.

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2020, 10:52:24 PM »
Quote from: johiah link=topic=10902.  msg125549#msg125549 date=1587267223
I seem to have found an odd little duckling of a bug related to low gravity colonies when they are below 1 million pop.     In the imaged I attached you can see Deimos' LG infra, current pop, and pop cap.     Despite having plenty of LG infra, my political stability is going down due to overcrowding.     Yes this is 1.    6.    3

This isn't a LG thing, this is a new mechanic in C# aurora. 
I can't link, but see "Population Capacity" on page 1 of the C# Aurora Changes List thread. 
Effectively, small bodies (asteroids, small moons) can't have very much surface population.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:54:00 PM by HeroicHan »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2020, 10:52:54 PM »
I have seen two different users today report a jump point found in Sol, which leads to Sol. One posted a screenshot.

Both users said when they jump through it, they appear where they came from—the same Sol system, not a duplicate.

The second user posted this description:

when i jumped through i was taken to the same sol system, I had "Real Systems" disabled and the starting year was set to 1
I managed to get this bug twice with these settings, so i think it the starting year may effect it somehow

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2020, 11:04:23 PM »
Probably not a big problem, but it might lead to some interesting planets.

The star (Luyten 726-8 B) has a diameter of 0.417m

Asteroid #1 is 0.146m from the sun and 2,162 C.
Asteroid #2 is 0.2m from the sun and 1,917 C.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2020, 11:33:02 PM »
Another few defects in the starting autotech development:
- minor: naming of lasers is inconsistent. eg 10cm..., 15.0 cm..., 18.750cm...  - would be better to lose the trailing 0, but this is just cosmetic , so very low priority

- Major - you get duplicate copmponents developed. eg I see 2 of R15/C3 Meson Cannon and 2 of R15/C3 High Power Microwave  (each pair have identical stats in the class designer); 3 Capacity 340 Magazine (again, all identical)

- Ground Unit Heavy Vehicle Armour researched, but not available for ground units. Ground Unit Base Type - Heavy Vehicle was still in Available research. Probably shouldn't research stuff dependant on it unless it gets researched first.

- Have 2 "race-designed missile Engines" - one EP1.01, one EP3.00; Should these exist as researched components given they ar emissile engines? (they are the same size as the engines used in the 2 missiles designed automatically). After some experimentation, it appears that all missiles generate a race designed engine project when they are researched. If this is needed for mechanics, it should be hidden.  Also, it should check if the engine size and power already exists - and not create a duplicate for a second missile using the same engine size and power...

Note: This is looking on the Research tab of the Economics Window; the missile engines don't appear anywhere else that I've noticed yet.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:10:22 AM by Randy »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2020, 11:33:29 PM »

One of the previous issues was the gas meant to cool would evaporate before it can cool on really hot planets. I think this is similar with the gas meant to heat freezing on cold planets.

Ah, perhaps that's why I couldn't find it. :D

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2020, 11:36:51 PM »
I have seen two different users today report a jump point found in Sol, which leads to Sol. One posted a screenshot.

Both users said when they jump through it, they appear where they came from—the same Sol system, not a duplicate.

The second user posted this description:

when i jumped through i was taken to the same sol system, I had "Real Systems" disabled and the starting year was set to 1
I managed to get this bug twice with these settings, so i think it the starting year may effect it somehow

I have just seen this.  My starting year was set to the default.  Notably my local system generation spread was set to 200, max number of systems was set to 200, and known stars is turned off.

Notably the ship transited the jump point and wound up exactly where it started (same jump point).

Offline Feeble

• Petty Officer
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
The function number: 2398
The complete error text: Function #2398: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
The window affected: Tactical View
What you were doing at the time: Pressing 5 day increment to let research complete
A conventional start: Yes
A random stars game: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: One-off
A long campaign - say 75 years or longer:  No
The length of the campaign: 3 years

The bug: Above error message is fired while waiting for time to pass.   There was a series of "Increment Adjustment" messages prior to this happening.     Attaching my database with my game "Astoria". 

Steps to reproduce:
 1.   Open game "Astoria"
 2.   Press 5 Day increment button on tactical view

Edit: It seems to have gone away after closing the game and reopening. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:55:23 PM by Feeble »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2020, 12:04:17 AM »
Johia: this is due to the small size of Phobos and Demios.  They are so small they only have a max pop capacity of 0.05m

Saw these in 1.51, confirmed in 1.63. 

First bug: shipping companies don't respect planetary pop capacity limits. They only seem to check the planetary infrastructure limit. 

To duplicate: Create colonies on Phobos and Demios.  These are very small moons, so their max capacity is 0.05m.  Send 50 LG infrastructure to each, which can support .21m population.  Civilian colony ships will deliver colonists in excess of .1m, which causes unrest. 

Second bug: the load colonist order doesn't seem to respect the max item limit.  In my testing it always loaded the colony ship to full capacity.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:07:37 AM by bankshot »

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2020, 12:05:27 AM »
A user posted that he was able to add oxygen to Mars' atmosphere from ground-based terraformers, despite having 0 colonists on the planet. Note the negative workers in this user's screenshot:

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2020, 12:10:20 AM »
Scientists are retiring, with the addendum "Current Assignment: Unassigned", followed immediately by research labs becoming available.  I am running like 20 parallel research tasks so I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the bug is that they actually had an assignment (rather than labs appearing out of nowhere).

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2020, 12:41:21 AM »
Military ships can still have maintenance failures despite being in overhaul. However, total ship tonnage at the body exceeds maintenance capacity, so I'm not sure if this is working as intended or not.