Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20579 times)

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2020, 08:23:52 AM »
#2714 occurs every now and then in every game. Usually, seemingly, after NPRs fight.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
I am getting errors which I think may be related to missing entries in certain themeing files.

My themes are:
System: Ukranian Birds
Class: Trafalgar Order of Battle
Name: Zhodani

When I click "company name" in the "Create Project Window", it throws "Function #1652: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: index"
It then throws a second error: "Function #2636: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " At this point, the "company name" field above the research project name changes to read "error".

I saw this quite a while ago, but unfortunately I don't know which name file it was - but it wasn't one of these. So there is at least 1 more out there that generates this error.

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
I get the following Unhandled Exception Error if I go to the "Environment" tab of a colony, delete the number next to "Hydro Extent" in the upper right, and then select a different colony. I can reproduce the exception every-time I follow those steps. This is in a new game in Aurora 1.7.3, which has been patched up from v1.0.0.

Exception Details:
Off-Topic: show

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Convert.ToDecimal(String value)
   at gt.j(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLeave(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.NotifyLeave()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.UpdateFocusedControl()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Aurora
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/AuroraCSharp/AuroraV100/Aurora.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.103.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.103.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/AuroraCSharp/AuroraV100/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:22:29 AM by ChubbyPitbull »

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »

not sure if its a bug, but in this game i currently see lots of junior officers retire although they are assigned to a Station. Was not like this in the previous iterations, there I only saw the usual retirements from not being assigned.

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »
TN Start
Random Stars

The Theme will cycle through a List in the same order.  This means that when I rename a system, the next created system will have that name (if multiple systems are renamed, the earliest name is reused).  This makes it difficult to not see new names (eg.  I cant just rename my System to !London when I meet aliens, because the next generated system would be called London)
Sidenote, is the "Auto-Rename" button supposed to not exist for systems and ships?

How to reproduce:
Have 2+ Jump Points that you havent jumped through yet
Jump through the first, and then change the system name.
Jump through the second, and it will be called what the first name was.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2020, 09:30:44 AM »

Launched ready ordnance at JP2 and the buoy was launched without issue (other than passive sensors not showing up which is a known bug). Set command to launch ordnance at JP1 and it appears to complete the command but nothing happens. Tried three times and the history of the fleet shows the command three times but no missile is used or shows up other than the first one. No error messages appear. Had another discord user confirm that they have also had issues with the "launch ready ordnance" command. Tried Queuing multiple commands and it still didn't work. I'm assuming it's something weird with some "ready ordnance" value not being reset when the missile is reloaded so it only works once per ship.

I might have found the issue. The only difference I could find in the database was that after the "launch ready ordnance" command was given and executed the "FiredThisPhase" value in the FCT_FireControlAssignment table in the db changed from 0 to 1. No idea if this is actually causing the issue. My assumption is that this value should reset to zero at some point but despite increasing several time increments this value still hasn't reset.

EDIT: Somehow slipped my mind that I could actually test this by simply changing the value. Changing "FiredThisPhase" from 1 to 0 does in fact allow you to launch a missile using the "launch ready ordnance" command a second time. So whatever function that is responsible for this has a bug or is not being called when it should be.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:42:06 AM by RagnarVaren »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2020, 09:44:41 AM »
TN Start
Random Stars

The Theme will cycle through a List in the same order.  This means that when I rename a system, the next created system will have that name (if multiple systems are renamed, the earliest name is reused).  This makes it difficult to not see new names (eg.  I cant just rename my System to !London when I meet aliens, because the next generated system would be called London)
Sidenote, is the "Auto-Rename" button supposed to not exist for systems and ships?

How to reproduce:
Have 2+ Jump Points that you havent jumped through yet
Jump through the first, and then change the system name.
Jump through the second, and it will be called what the first name was.

I don't think this is a bug because this is how it worked in VB. Not how I wanted it to work but anyway.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
ive posted my bug in 1. 7. 2 already, but its also in 1. 7. 3

The function number - none, as this doesnt throw an exception
    The complete error text - none
    The window affected - all?
    What you were doing at the time - building super fuel efficient egines, and then progess time
    Conventional or TN start - TN
    Random or Real Stars - Random
    Is your decimal separator a comma? - i use GB locale for aurora, so no, its a dot
    Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy

when an engine fuel usage gets below 1, the fuel reserve gets somewhat messed up

ive been playing arround with different engines ans ship, and tried building realy small ships

ive created an engine, which should have very low fuel usage, and created an fighter sized geo survey ship.    Ranges say 3294 days at full power, but in real game, this ships uses 11 fuel per day (1,000/11 = ~91 days fuel)

link to db: https://drive.   google.   com/open?id=1EL7ShOxJKOH6bIpiIIQ8ZHs8WjW1nj1F   
Its quite simple to review: ive created an "GeoSurvey Fleet", progress 1 day, and see fuel diff
(pls dont judge for cheating, im figuring arround with stuff, and trying to learn things :D)

Code: [Select]
Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00
Engine Power 1.00    Fuel Use Per Hour 0 litres    Fuel per EPH 0
Thermal Signature 1.00    Explosion Chance 1%
Military Engine
Cost 5   Size 5 tons   Crew 1   HTK 1
Base Change to hit 100%
Materials Required: Gallicite  5
Code: [Select]
Anyanwu class Geosurvey Ship      351 tons       16 Crew       365.4 BP       TCS 7    TH 4    EM 0
569 km/s      Armour 1-4       Shields 0-0       HTK 5      Sensors 7/7/0/5      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 8.33 Years     MSP 182    AFR 4%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 5    5YR 70    Max Repair 300 MSP
Kaptajnlojnant    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00 (4)    Power 4.0    Fuel Use 0.32%    Signature 1.00    Explosion 1%
Fuel Capacity 1,000 Litres    Range 161.9 billion km (3294 days at full power)

Bauersachs-Singer EM Sensor EM0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Boehm-Brunner Thermal Sensor TH0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Phased Geological Sensors (1)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

The ship fuel efficiency is different to the class fuel efficiency. This is set on construction and again on refit. Did you make manual changes to the design post-locking? Still a bug BTW - as I should account for that. I'm just trying to understand what happened.

In fact, I am not even sure why I am tracking it on a ship basis :) . Probably a hangover from VB6. I'll probably just track it via the parent class in future..

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »
Minor auto-ranks bug, quite similar to mentioned above by Cocyte and Vivalas:
Having not enough (or game thinks it is) ranks to your Ground Forces OOB, you'll have "Function #1752: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" every time you open GF or Economics windows.
That is not craching your game, nor very annoying (not appearing during time increment), still can produce more critical hiden bugs; that is, I see strange distribution of moral level in my GFs.
(Tested on Conventional, Real Stars, decimal separator is '.', easy to reproduce, from the start.)

Looks like you deleted all but two Ground ranks, which was causing the issue. I've added a check for that.

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2020, 10:13:46 AM »
There does not appear to be a way to overload crew quarters for rescue shuttles and carriers, unless I'm blind?.  I seem to remember an option for this in the VB version.

There is no way. The rules changed for C# Aurora. You can still add emergency cryo for survivors though.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104051;topicseen#msg104051
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104052;topicseen#msg104052

Not sure I understand this correctly since I could pick up survivors with one of my survey ships when the other blew up because of maintenance problems. I did not have any emergency quarters on my survey ships, and when the survivors were picked up, I constantly got messages that crew quarters are overloaded because of the extra survivors, which is logical.

This would mean that crew quarters can be overloaded, or the overloading I'm experiencing is not intended?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2020, 10:20:52 AM »
Same bug in all the versions :_

currently using v1.73 with TN start

The Event log does not pause or cause an entry to appear when a Geo Survey ship completes its Standing Orders.

I gave the Geo ship the order to survey all Planets / Moons. It has completed its orders but I have received no notification of the fact in the event log.

DavidR

Finally tracked it down. The problem is the event type isn't in the database. The event was created but never recorded. This will need a db change to fix though.

The following users thanked this post: davidr

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2020, 10:21:25 AM »
There does not appear to be a way to overload crew quarters for rescue shuttles and carriers, unless I'm blind?.  I seem to remember an option for this in the VB version.

There is no way. The rules changed for C# Aurora. You can still add emergency cryo for survivors though.

Not sure I understand this correctly since I could pick up survivors with one of my survey ships when the other blew up because of maintenance problems. I did not have any emergency quarters on my survey ships, and when the survivors were picked up, I constantly got messages that crew quarters are overloaded because of the extra survivors, which is logical.

This would mean that crew quarters can be overloaded, or the overloading I'm experiencing is not intended?

se5a wanted to add extra crew quarters to a class so that it could be used to pick up survivors without suffering from overcrowding, which you could do in the VB version of the game.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:53 AM »
I think this might have been mentioned before, but just in case: if you click the SM button then cancel out of entering the password, it still tells you that the password was incorrect. This is annoying when you only clicked it by accident.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »
Seems like 1.73 moved the hull abbreviations to the front of the list again.
So have to search for those when searching through the class drop down list

I think you may be using an earlier version. What is the version number on the Misc tab of the Tactical Map?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »

se5a wanted to add extra crew quarters to a class so that it could be used to pick up survivors without suffering from overcrowding, which you could do in the VB version of the game.

An alternative in the meantime is to use the smaller cryo modules which add extra crew cap.