Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20578 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »
Hey Steve, a bunch of pretty irritable bugs has been fixed, alongside a ton of other fixes for v1.7.3, can we get the next patchTM? Having my game paused every couple days because of the shipping lines getting a new engine / a new ship / scrapping a ship is getting on my nerves a little bit now :)

I don't know how much effort it is to release each version for Steve but a 1.7.4 followed by a quick 1.8 with DB edits would be a nice way of giving people choice but idk how much trouble that would cause, not least of all with bug reports.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
v1. 7. 3

- "All Windows Linked to Race" settings is not saved.  When loading game this setting got reset to false.
- In "View Technology" Window, select Engines.  The column "Efficiency" (which I believed to be fuel efficiency) appear to be rounded down, result in multiple engines displayed of having "0" efficiency despite they have e. g.  0. 8 efficiency.

Fixed.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2020, 11:50:53 AM »
I had a fleet of 11 freighters, with one normal cargo bay (25k tons) each. I tried to load one Spaceport and eight Financial Centres into the fleet. The tick after making that order, I'm getting a mountain of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors. It's cycling through functions #222, 224, 2339, and 2608. I went through this cycle manually about 40 or so times without it stopping, then just held down Enter on the error message for another 5-10 seconds until it finally finished popping up.

Edit: Tried it again, this did not recur. And I see the same bug report from someone else that was seemingly unrelated. Perhaps I have a false cause here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:56:27 AM by Alsadius »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
I'm currently watching NPR vs NPR combat (no idea if a spoiler is in that fight), and I had two Function 4 error : "object's reference is not linked with an objetc's instance" every 15 seconds (each time an action is done by the fighting NPR). I was too slow to save the DB when it was happening, now the fight continues without errors.

DB attached

Edit : It's happening often now, each time NPR are fighting. I suspect it's a spoiler, as something destroyed one of my ship and i'm still neutral with all NPR of the area

I downloaded the db and ran a few increments but didn't encounter any errors.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »
v1.7.3

In "Class Design", if a ship design was not retooled but built (or refitted into), the design does not get locked. Such ship can be built if there is a compatible (similar) design and get retooled into.

i.e.
1. Create two similar ship classes
2. Retool a shipyard to class A
3. Start building a ship of class B
4. Class B does not get locked.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
#2714 occurs every now and then in every game. Usually, seemingly, after NPRs fight.

What is the error text?

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:11 AM »
#2714 occurs every now and then in every game. Usually, seemingly, after NPRs fight.

What is the error text?

"object's reference is not linked with an objetc's instance"

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2020, 12:02:43 PM »
I get the following Unhandled Exception Error if I go to the "Environment" tab of a colony, delete the number next to "Hydro Extent" in the upper right, and then select a different colony. I can reproduce the exception every-time I follow those steps. This is in a new game in Aurora 1.7.3, which has been patched up from v1.0.0.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2020, 12:04:42 PM »
TN Start
Random Stars

The Theme will cycle through a List in the same order.  This means that when I rename a system, the next created system will have that name (if multiple systems are renamed, the earliest name is reused).  This makes it difficult to not see new names (eg.  I cant just rename my System to !London when I meet aliens, because the next generated system would be called London)
Sidenote, is the "Auto-Rename" button supposed to not exist for systems and ships?

How to reproduce:
Have 2+ Jump Points that you havent jumped through yet
Jump through the first, and then change the system name.
Jump through the second, and it will be called what the first name was.

I don't think this is a bug because this is how it worked in VB. Not how I wanted it to work but anyway.

You can now select any name from the name theme manually. I will add a random option at some point, but not high priority at the moment.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2020, 12:13:18 PM »

Launched ready ordnance at JP2 and the buoy was launched without issue (other than passive sensors not showing up which is a known bug). Set command to launch ordnance at JP1 and it appears to complete the command but nothing happens. Tried three times and the history of the fleet shows the command three times but no missile is used or shows up other than the first one. No error messages appear. Had another discord user confirm that they have also had issues with the "launch ready ordnance" command. Tried Queuing multiple commands and it still didn't work. I'm assuming it's something weird with some "ready ordnance" value not being reset when the missile is reloaded so it only works once per ship.

I might have found the issue. The only difference I could find in the database was that after the "launch ready ordnance" command was given and executed the "FiredThisPhase" value in the FCT_FireControlAssignment table in the db changed from 0 to 1. No idea if this is actually causing the issue. My assumption is that this value should reset to zero at some point but despite increasing several time increments this value still hasn't reset.

EDIT: Somehow slipped my mind that I could actually test this by simply changing the value. Changing "FiredThisPhase" from 1 to 0 does in fact allow you to launch a missile using the "launch ready ordnance" command a second time. So whatever function that is responsible for this has a bug or is not being called when it should be.

Thanks - that was the problem. The flag was only being reset for systems with other races present.

The following users thanked this post: RagnarVaren, skoormit

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2020, 12:13:39 PM »
When creating a new game, but hitting cancel when you design your race, the "create empire" screen also closes.
Furthermore, it opens up a previous (first? most recent?) game (cant test if done "correctly, I only see the system map but no planets etc.  Might be bc it panned to somewhere else?),
and gives me this Error:

Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
(roughly: The object reference has not been assigned an object instance)

Trying to interact with THE MAP (scrolling, clicking etc) brings up a new version of the same error.  (Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt)

Trying to interact with A BUTTON (eg.  open Research Screen gives me the error Function #155: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
Dismissing the errors does nothing.

Trying to reopen Aurora:

Does not open the game correctly:
Race and System field are blank, all checkboxes unchecked

Any interaction with THE MAP brings up the error
 Function #1620: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
 and Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt

Trying to click A BUTTON brings up the error
 Function #155: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt

Offline Silverkeeper

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »
My ships condition deteriorates while they sit on orbit. I have enough maintenance facilities and it still happens.
Even worse Overhauling does nothing and the ships get stuck there, maintenance clock still running.

Did you upload wrong DB or something?
As far as I can see you got 10k capacity on earth and about 50k of ships in orbit.
And nobody is in OH

Yes sorry that was me being an idiot.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
There does not appear to be a way to overload crew quarters for rescue shuttles and carriers, unless I'm blind?.  I seem to remember an option for this in the VB version.

There is no way. The rules changed for C# Aurora. You can still add emergency cryo for survivors though.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104051;topicseen#msg104051
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104052;topicseen#msg104052

Not sure I understand this correctly since I could pick up survivors with one of my survey ships when the other blew up because of maintenance problems. I did not have any emergency quarters on my survey ships, and when the survivors were picked up, I constantly got messages that crew quarters are overloaded because of the extra survivors, which is logical.

This would mean that crew quarters can be overloaded, or the overloading I'm experiencing is not intended?

You can put more people on the ship than the crew quarters can support, in which case you get overloaded messages.
You can't add extra crew quarters beyond what is needed for the normal crew
You can add the emergency cryogenic components so you can pick up survivors without causing overloading.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2020, 12:16:35 PM »
Not a big one/ not about mechanics
Using tab to move between feild when making a new game skips from local system spread to difficulty then back to constrution cycle time then skip over all the speed feild to generation chance.

It then go to research speed after reaching the end.

On the right side minimum npr distance is also skipped over and put at the end.

I will sort out the tab order at some point but not a priority vs functional bugs.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »
Would the fuel efficiency of a ship be affected if an engine was damaged?

The same. In VB6, the class and ship were separate things, so the ship kept copies of what it needed from the class so I didn't have to get the information from the database. In C#, the class object is a component of the ship object so I can directly reference the class for information that is the same for all ships. I think the fuel efficiency duplication was a legacy from VB6.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit, Ancalagon