Author Topic: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 52696 times)

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
This is almost a cosmetic thing.  When you open the commander window and then change the viewing empire, the commander sorter Minimum Rank and Maximum Rank dropdowns don't update to the now viewing empire - the dropdowns keep the ranks of the empire that opened the window.  Changing the commander type updates the ranks dropdowns.

Offline redivider

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2020, 03:10:43 PM »
The function number - #407
The complete error text - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected - Main window.
What you were doing at the time - Clicking 30 days.
Conventional or TN start - Conventional.
Random or Real Stars - Random.
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No a .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Seems pretty random.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 71 Years

Db attached, click 30 days and you should get the error.

Offline Sara

• Leading Rate
  • S
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Thread Game Creation bug
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2020, 03:47:57 PM »
Game Creation bug:

1) Click new game . . . 
2) set "earth Mineral Deposits) to any other number above 100.
3) check minerals on earth

-> its the same no matter what is set (didnt test below 100)

Current fix: space master mod to set them manually :(

Sincerely

The following users thanked this post: Fistandantillus7, Amethys

Offline Mr Monnix

• Leading Rate
  • M
Re: v1.8.0 Bugs Ground Combat
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2020, 04:18:36 PM »
I experienced multiple bugs with the Ground combat
Ver 1. 8
my normal game 1. 63 updated to 1. 80 .  decimal divider 1day production cycle
test game to replicate the bugs fresh download of 1. 51 and 1. 80 updated to 1. 80 .  decimal divider

Minor bugs

the "Clear support" in the ground OOB windows some times work some times doesn't even if i close and re open the window the work around is to change the unit hierarchy -> clear support -> put it back in formation .  able to replicate.

i don't think is a bug but the auto assignment for commanders doesn't really assign them i had only 2 warships with commanders on 20 total i also made sure to set those ships with the highest commander priority, i would expect to have them fully staffed even if the commander isn't good on that ship and he was unissigned before.

the Logistic system of ground troop don t work out battle what i mean is that i have all my troop with 0 supplies even tho the highest comand has 120k supplies (LV LOG) and they will not resupply, during the battle it would work but the supply value of my troops will never go above 0 they will pool only what they use on that round and nothing more then that even if i have 6 months worth of supplies available at that moment.  able to replicate.
OOB structure 125kBattalion (LOG)->25 kCompany -> 5k Lance
Also i experienced that Beauvoir in combat but saving and reloading fixed it .  wasn't able to replicate it.

Major bugs

at the end of the battle for a NPR Homeworld there was a immortal single INF unit my 500k troop wouldn't engage it i advanced time to 6 month after, but nothing appended ( all my troops were in Front line Attack stance) during the whole battle there was this message "function 1810 reference to an object not set on an instance" it didn t appear each round of combat only every 3 or 4,i gave up and forgot to save, after when i tried to replicate it i was unable but the same error would still appear.

i wasn t able to use the fighters for ground combat, i designed a fighter with pod bays it was eligible to take part on those missions but  in "search and destroy" and "AA suppression" the Ground combat fase would 't fire i had a increments without any reports, in ground combat support it would appear in the OOB and also in the GC report but only when it would fail catastrophically or when the AA shot at it there wasn t any sign of engagement of hostile troops (it had a MFC in the design i also tested one with every FC and sensor possible but nothing changed).
also if i changed the pod bays with box launchers the design window state that it eligible for planetary mission but there wasn't any option for them in the orders menu.  able to replicate ERRROR function 1821 reference to an object not set on an instance

thanks for all the work on this awesome game hopefully this report will help you to fix more bugs
PS i tried to attach the DB but the server wouldn t post this message

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #424 on: April 26, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »
Cannot Assign commanders higher ranked than the assigned rank to fleet command positions

The function number - none
The complete error text -  "Name of Commander" is not the required rank for this assignment
The window affected - Commander Screen
What you were doing at the time - Assigning ranks
Conventional or TN start - TN start
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? - comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 30 years in. 

From the picture attached you can see that I selected a Rear Admiral to command a fleet command that has a rank of CDRE (commodore) and it would not allow me to do so
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 05:12:48 PM by Lornalt »

Offline dlathro1

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #425 on: April 26, 2020, 07:27:55 PM »
Not a bug, just a QoL thing:
I would appreciate if civilians failing to pick up goods on their trade routes wouldn't stop time from advancing.

Not super important just a minor annoyance.  Thanks for all the work you've put into this game!

Offline klyoh

• Leading Rate
  • k
« Reply #426 on: April 26, 2020, 09:13:11 PM »
Various bugs on ground combat, v1. 8. 0:

On precursor world with hostile ground forces (2200 tons, including Unit Types Centurion, Decurion AA Mech, Praetorian Leaders, Resupply Infantry, STO, STO-PD and Construction Vehicles) :
- Create Colony
- Drop Combat Ground Units from Troop Transport
Bug #1: Clicking on "Transfer Alien" button in Ground Forces Tab at this stage sends an Error #1869 : Impossible to cast an object of type "ha" to type "f4" (potentially rough translation of error text)

- Delete Colony
=> The Ground units seem lost, impossible to load them on the Troop Transport (probably WAI, though a warning would be welcome)
PS: I didn't know how to start the fight, so I played around with the buttons

- Recreate the colony
- Drop Combat Ground Units from Troop Transport
=> I learned that the combat should take place automatically between hostile colonies, but would take at least 8 hours
=> Combat Starts (OK)

- Use Time increments of 8 hours
Potential Bug/Typo #2: On the event log, the first event appears as:
Ground Combat Intelligence      System      Estimated Hostile Force (Error Range: Estimated Hostile Forces: Unknown Unit Types: 383
=> There should probably be a value to "Error Range", a kind of separator between that and "Estimated Hostile Forces" (though maybe not, as there isn't any anywhere else) and a closing parenthesis.

Potential Bug #3: On the event log, even though the "Estimated Hostile Forces" are "Unknown types", all 3 of the detailed reports (bit of a redundacy here - "Element vs GUC Report", "GUC vs GUC Summary" and "Attack vs GUC Summary") give the names of the hostile units (i. e.  "21st RCT Elementals (Maynard A-IV): Attack Report vs Centurion  Shots 282  Hits 2  Armour Penetrated 2  Destroyed 2").

Potential Bug #4:  In this fighting phase, only my units attacked.  I don't known if it is because the enemy missed all his shots or due to a bug, but this happened for the 10 following 8 hours long phases (meaning I clicked 10 more times on the 8 hours increment, and each time I got another fight phase where only my units attacked)
Note: I was in the "front line attack" field position, so no fortification bonus for me.
Note2: In the first phase, I got the "New Alien Ground Unit" report for the Centurion and an accompanying "Intelligence Update" describing its weapon, and the same for the Decurion and the Praetorian Leader in the 3rd phase, so maybe they are indeed firing, but with red shirts.

Potential Typo #5: Positive morale changes are included in a "Element Loss Summary" report.

- On the twelfth phase, I decided to be adventurous and clicked on the 1 day increment.
=> I got the correct 3 fight phases, and this time I got hits and casualties in each phase

Question #6: Is it WAI that we only get a summary of the hits taken, and not detailed reports in triplicate similar to our units' attacks?

Bug #7: On these 3 phases, the Ground Unit I thought lost reappeared guns blazing and started shooting the Precursors.  They were still unaccounted for in the "Ground Units" tab or in the colony summary. 
Beyond the supply issue described below, it must also be noted that only this phantom regiment suffered hits (and losses) in this and the following 2 phases.

Potential Bug #8 (probably linked to #7): It seems my official unit was so in awe of the appearance of the unexpected cavalry that some of them forgot to fire (75% of my 12 heavy elements, just like an out of supply situation).  However, my formation has a combined GSP cost of 1820, and 4 Supply Trucks for a supply of 2000 GSP, and the out of supply situation started in the 12th round of combat (when the phantom regiment appeared).  If I understand your notes correctly, it shouldn't have happened until the 21st round, and then for (nearly ?) everybody simultaneously.  In the Ground Forces tab, at the end of the 14th round of combat, the elementals are shown at 80% supply (though only 25% fired shots during the 14th combat round), and the heavy elements at 70%(the same).  I am wondering if the phantom regiment is drawing from my normal supply in this situation.

- A further 8 hours increment yielded the same result as the previous three combat rounds (#12, #13 and #14) with the phantom regiment.

Potential Typo #9: In event report "Formation Attack Summary", if there were no losses inflicted the field after "Attack summary for X formation:" is blank, maybe there should be a "None" text when the String is empty.

- A further 8 hours increment saw the first losses for the normal regiment, so maybe the strange losses in the previous 4 combat rounds were due to quirks of the RNG (potentially helped by the fact that the phantom regiment was the only one in supply after combat round 12. . . ).  Still does not explain why there were no hits/losses in the first 11 rounds.

At the end of the fight, which I won, the colony was correctly captured, and the phantom regiment disappeared again in the mountains of the planet, never to be seen again.  I only won thanks to this phantom regiment, as I severely underestimated the hit chances of my troops (in the first combat phase, my hit ratio with my elementals was 4 hits for 660 shots, so about 0. 6%. . . ). 

It will probably stay in the tales told from one genetically engineered super soldier in power armor to another, on how, when the murderous robotic gravekeepers come knocking, even if you used up all your ammo to light up your BBQ, maybe you will be lucky and your invisible brother-hobos from beyond the stars will come to snatch the last sausage and kick the appliances back to the kitchen cupboard. . .

Sorry, it's late.

Thank you a lot for a great game!

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2020, 09:24:23 PM »
everytime I click on anything related to Earth, I get function #2169, something about object reference not being defined as object instance, not sure why this is happening, or if its even really a bug. doesn't seem to affect anything, but it is annoying.
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Hastermain

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2020, 11:44:46 PM »
The function number:
when loading up: #1170
once game has opened: #3060, appears 4 times
The complete error text:
1170: object cannot be converted from dbnull to other types
3060 (all 4 windows): object reference not set to an instance of an object

actual error: a whole bloody system disappeared, no bodies remain except the star
also, all of my ground units disappeared
had to reset windows for the Events window not to have the 'white screen' error anymore

The window affected: -
What you were doing at the time: opened aurora and loaded saved game
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: changed to period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: just look at the DB ;)
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~125 years
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:12:19 AM by Hastermain »

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2020, 03:02:44 AM »
Version 1. 8
Conventional Start
3 NPR

Game plays fine and the saves work fine when loaded but I get this error every time I save.

Function #1503: constraint failed
UNIQUE constraint failed: FTC_EventColour. EventTypeID,
FTC_EventColour. RaceID

I have attached the data base. 
To recreate the error just save the game.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2020, 04:09:34 AM »
Hangar reloading is bugged or completely misleading in it's information for ships with box launchers.
The below design is a missileboat, it says hangar reload should take 158 minutes. It's been 3 days now and it's still not reloaded. Ship's ordnance template is set, there's missiles in the magazines of the station. Doesn't work.

Code: [Select]
Tarantul IIM class Missile Boat      5,989 tons       176 Crew       2,302.8 BP       TCS 120    TH 157    EM 0
10895 km/s    JR 1-50      Armour 1-29       Shields 0-0       HTK 43      Sensors 14/28/0/0      DCR 35      PPV 80
Maint Life 2.75 Years     MSP 1,721    AFR 52%    IFR 0.7%    1YR 328    5YR 4,922    Max Repair 1631.25 MSP
Magazine 80   
Kapitan vtorogo ranga    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

OKB-640 6000M83 FTL drive     Max Ship Size 6000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 1

Design Bureau 632 RVS-1305 Fusion thruster (1)    Power 1305    Fuel Use 35.80%    Signature 156.60    Explosion 14%
Fuel Capacity 350,000 Litres    Range 29.4 billion km (31 days at full power)

AK-676M (2x10)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20,000 km/s     ROF 5       
P-65 VLS system (8)     Missile Size: 10    Hangar Reload 158 minutes    MF Reload 26 hours
P-65 Guidance system (1)     Range 73.3m km    Resolution 100
P-70 "Kukushka" (8)    Speed: 70,200 km/s    End: 11.3m     Range: 47.7m km    WH: 10    Size: 10    TH: 234/140/70

NR41/R50 Nav. Radar (1)     GPS 1400     Range 41.2m km    Resolution 50
Perimetr Early Warning System (1)     GPS 28     Range 11.2m km    MCR 1.2m km    Resolution 1
Active search radar MR103R100 (1)     GPS 11200     Range 103.7m km    Resolution 100
EM sensor E2-M083 (1)     Sensitivity 28     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  41.8m km
IR sensor T1-M85 (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km

ECM 10

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

The station it is landed to, which should reload it.

Nablyudat class Resupply Base      141,774 tons       1,318 Crew       9,709 BP       TCS 2,835    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      Armour 10-242       Shields 0-0       HTK 198      Sensors 14/14/0/0      DCR 41      PPV 0
MSP 20,042    Max Repair 200 MSP
Hangar Deck Capacity 30,000 tons     Troop Capacity 1,000 tons     Magazine 2,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 18   
Kapitan pervogo ranga    Control Rating 4   BRG   ENG   CIC   PFC   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Flight Crew Berths 600   
Maintenance Modules: 10 module(s) capable of supporting ships of 32,000 tons

Fuel Capacity 10,000,000 Litres    Range N/A
Refuelling Capability: 100,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 100 hours

AK-676M (10x10)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20,000 km/s     ROF 5       
P-70 "Kukushka" (200)    Speed: 70,200 km/s    End: 11.3m     Range: 47.7m km    WH: 10    Size: 10    TH: 234/140/70
Ordnance Transfer Rate: 80 MSP per hour     Complete Transfer 25 hours

Perimetr Early Warning System (2)     GPS 28     Range 11.2m km    MCR 1.2m km    Resolution 1
EM Sensor E1-M85 (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:52:50 AM by Marski »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2020, 06:47:40 AM »
V1.8.0: When you go into the "Industry" Tab on a planet with construction and then switch to one which has no construction AND no spaceport, you get the error message that a "Spaceport is required". Nevertheless, you can create a production job on that planet - even if it has no construction or construction troops at all - and of course nothing happens then to that production.

Maybe you can use the error message better when you actually want to set up a construction and don't have the facilities rather than having it pop up in general. Or remove it entirely. It's propbably obsolete anyway... .

Offline Mr Monnix

• Leading Rate
  • M
v1.8.0 Save Killer Bugs
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2020, 07:08:00 AM »
Ver 1. 8
1. 63 updated to 1. 8
.  decimal divider
standard TN start customized after with SM
Know Stars
1day prod cycle
21yr in game

Function 1555 reference to an object not set on an instance
Function 713 reference to an object not set on an instance

After I conquered a NPR homewold and managed to get enough troop to get the population to surrender i got various Errors messages and at the second Production cycle after the surrender the Errors mentioned above will pop up for every 5 sec increments so the only way to advace a day is autoclick them away; also during the save i got Function 1460 reference to an object not set on an instance; all the other functions of the game seems to work as intended beside the bugs that i reported in my previous post. 

After i reloaded the Game the messages mentioned above will not show anymore but a new one appeared Function 4 reference to an object not set on an instance every Production cycle

Not related to the bugs above, I noticed that some times not all the events get displayed correctly in the event window Example:
The game stopped the auto increments but there wasn't any message in the events beside the increment time looking around i noticed one of my Cargo fleets arrived at destination and completed it s orders;
also it will not diplay ground combat events properly if you select time increase too big, the type the message is present but there isn't  any description on it.

attached the current save (error 4)

sincerely

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2020, 07:22:56 AM »
The function number - #407
The complete error text - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected - Main window.
What you were doing at the time - Clicking 30 days.
Conventional or TN start - Conventional.
Random or Real Stars - Random.
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No a .
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Seems pretty random.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 71 Years

Db attached, click 30 days and you should get the error.

Just wanted to say me too - the circumstances and nature of the message are identical to me though I have around 40 years in my campaign.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
Hangar reloading is bugged or completely misleading in it's information for ships with box launchers.
The below design is a missileboat, it says hangar reload should take 158 minutes. It's been 3 days now and it's still not reloaded. Ship's ordnance template is set, there's missiles in the magazines of the station. Doesn't work.

Tarantul IIM class Missile Boat      5,989 tons       176 Crew       2,302.8 BP       TCS 120    TH 157    EM 0
10895 km/s    JR 1-50      Armour 1-29       Shields 0-0       HTK 43      Sensors 14/28/0/0      DCR 35      PPV 80
Maint Life 2.75 Years     MSP 1,721    AFR 52%    IFR 0.7%    1YR 328    5YR 4,922    Max Repair 1631.25 MSP
Magazine 80   
Kapitan vtorogo ranga    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

OKB-640 6000M83 FTL drive     Max Ship Size 6000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 1

Design Bureau 632 RVS-1305 Fusion thruster (1)    Power 1305    Fuel Use 35.80%    Signature 156.60    Explosion 14%
Fuel Capacity 350,000 Litres    Range 29.4 billion km (31 days at full power)

AK-676M (2x10)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20,000 km/s     ROF 5       
P-65 VLS system (8)     Missile Size: 10    Hangar Reload 158 minutes    MF Reload 26 hours
P-65 Guidance system (1)     Range 73.3m km    Resolution 100
P-70 "Kukushka" (8)    Speed: 70,200 km/s    End: 11.3m     Range: 47.7m km    WH: 10    Size: 10    TH: 234/140/70

NR41/R50 Nav. Radar (1)     GPS 1400     Range 41.2m km    Resolution 50
Perimetr Early Warning System (1)     GPS 28     Range 11.2m km    MCR 1.2m km    Resolution 1
Active search radar MR103R100 (1)     GPS 11200     Range 103.7m km    Resolution 100
EM sensor E2-M083 (1)     Sensitivity 28     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  41.8m km

ECM 10

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

The station it is landed to, which should reload it.

Nablyudat class Resupply Base      141,774 tons       1,318 Crew       9,709 BP       TCS 2,835    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      Armour 10-242       Shields 0-0       HTK 198      Sensors 14/14/0/0      DCR 41      PPV 0
MSP 20,042    Max Repair 200 MSP
Hangar Deck Capacity 30,000 tons     Troop Capacity 1,000 tons     Magazine 2,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 18   
Kapitan pervogo ranga    Control Rating 4   BRG   ENG   CIC   PFC   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Flight Crew Berths 600   
Maintenance Modules: 10 module(s) capable of supporting ships of 32,000 tons

Fuel Capacity 10,000,000 Litres    Range N/A
Refuelling Capability: 100,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 100 hours

AK-676M (10x10)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20,000 km/s     ROF 5       
P-70 "Kukushka" (200)    Speed: 70,200 km/s    End: 11.3m     Range: 47.7m km    WH: 10    Size: 10    TH: 234/140/70
Ordnance Transfer Rate: 80 MSP per hour     Complete Transfer 25 hours

Perimetr Early Warning System (2)     GPS 28     Range 11.2m km    MCR 1.2m km    Resolution 1
EM Sensor E1-M85 (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

This might be WAI - I don't think commercial hangar bays can reload military ships, though I could be wrong. Instead of landing the ships try using the ordnance transfer system onboard the station like you would with a collier.