Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 19056 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
1.9.0, clean install

This is a bit complicated. I have freighter bring Automines to colony, Cycle Moves checkbox checked. Passes through Lagrange points. Have Refuel if less than 50%. Refuel order triggers. Clears manual orders (assuming intended).

Creates move order to navigate to Earth for refuel. Passes through LG point. Orders are generated as follows (I fixed before i wrote this so verbage is not correct):
USE LG x to Earth
Refuel at Earth.
(Cycle Moves, still checked)

What occurs is Freighter moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth, then moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth.

I need to delete the cycle moves flag when conditional orders are triggered. Fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
Hey there Steve.  Really enjoying 1. 9 so far! Those QoL changes really make a difference.  Thanks for all these updates.   :)

Default settings, 750M pop, 1 NPR, no mods.  I have NOT expanded out of Sol yet.  My guess is maybe an NPR caused this?

So I ran a 30 day increment on one of my fresh 1. 9 campaigns and got an error popup.  Details below.

The function number: Function #2662
The complete error text: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The window affected: Popup occurred on the tactical map.  No other window was open except the Econ window.
What you were doing at the time: I was assigning extra labs to a project that just finished, and ran a 30 day increment.  Nothing else of note really.
Conventional or TN start: TN Start
Random or Real Stars: Real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No, always been a dot.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Seems to be very intermittent.  I have seen one other person on the discord report this as well.
Campaign length: Start date 2020.  Popup occurred Feb 5th, 2032, 12PM.

I played for 10 more years but I havent got the error again.  I've attached the DB regardless.  Doesnt seem to be a catastrophic bug but I thought id mention it anyway.

It is a bug in recovery from ruins. I can't see anything obvious but I just found ruins in my own game so I may come across it in general testing. The db won't help in this case (thanks for upload though) because it will be related to recovering something that doesn't exist.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »
Non-real stars start and I get a bunch of errors, #3232, 1609, 1608, 1562, 1423. I've attached the settings I used. I think it is non-real stars causing the issues as I can start one fine with real stars on.

It was a fresh DB 1.9 install.

Yes, there is an intermittent bug in random stars that I still haven't pinned down. The bug is a function that is adding the radii of two stars and one of them is null. I cannot figure out how this happens and I haven't been able to reproduce yet.

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
Re: How to reproduce the error
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »
Quote from: Argoniur link=topic=11135.  msg129147#msg129147 date=1588178635
Quote from: Hastermain link=topic=11135.    msg129105#msg129105 date=1588171632
Quote from: Hastermain link=topic=11135.    msg129011#msg129011 date=1588144331
The function number: terribly sorry, I skipped them out of habit, but there were ~4 different ones.     When saving the game, however, this error showed up:

the same function appeared during the time increment, i'm sure of it

The complete error text:
(1497): object reference not set to an instance of an object

Happened on initial contact with aliens, survey vessel with EM/Thermal sensors on discovered a new alien race and got attacked.     Error that showed up on events: "New None Population contact: error"

The window affected: time increment
What you were doing at the time: time increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: period, and thousand separator is a comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 9 years long

Hey Steve, figured out how to reproduce the error.     Just send any ship to Herschel 5173-A I.     The 4 error windows (of function numbers 1957 1954 1943 478) will appear infinite times, and I believe it's tied to the ship being attacked by whatever it is.     

P.    S.     got all spoilers turned on + no maintenance, may be tied to no maintenance since you changed the code?

This happened to me too on contact with something, it happened prior to my survey ship being blown up, idk what attacked it but it could be spoilers since my survey ship had sensors and I've never had an NPR blow up my survey ship without me seeing them at all, neither ships nor missiles.     That time I closed the 4 error windows and moved on, then about a year later I got the same 4 events but infinite, could not save or close them (and I tried for a while), had to close the program, and I had no save at all since I was only 8 years in.     I am replaying the same game from the start to try to replicate it and have a save closer to it happening but for now it hasn't happened yet.   

Edit: I was playing with maintenance so I don't think it's that, and no invaders in my case

I'm getting this same set of errors.    The error isn't infinite.    I've used something to hold down the Enter key to process all of them, and the error stops when my ship is destroyed.    Seems like if I'm attacked by an undetected enemy, regardless of auto or manual time increment, this is the error series I get. 

The four function errors are:

Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1957: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The following users thanked this post: db48x

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2020, 12:12:51 PM »
v1.9.0

Atmospheric dust as a result of bombardment can take the planetary temperature to below absolute zero.

Maybe it would be more correct to use albedo here rather than subtract temperature directly for dust.

There is code that is supposed to prevent that :)

SurfaceTemp = BaseTemp * GHFactor * Albedo;
                SurfaceTemp = SurfaceTemp - (double)(DustLevel / 100);

if (SurfaceTemp < 0) SurfaceTemp = 0;

Obviously it is being bypassed somehow.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
I posted this in the 1. 8 bug thread, I'm not sure if this is WAI but here goes.

Cannot Assign commanders higher ranked than the assigned rank to fleet command positions

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »
The function number: terribly sorry, I skipped them out of habit, but there were ~4 different ones. When saving the game, however, this error showed up:

The complete error text:

Happened on initial contact with aliens, survey vessel with EM/Thermal sensors on discovered a new alien race and got attacked. Error that showed up on events: "New None Population contact: error"

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 9 years long

That means an error in saving alien populations. When you load you will lose the data you had gathered on alien populations. It sounds like the original alien population record wasn't setup up correctly for some reason.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2020, 12:20:00 PM »
Non-real stars start and I get a bunch of errors, #3232, 1609, 1608, 1562, 1423. I've attached the settings I used. I think it is non-real stars causing the issues as I can start one fine with real stars on.

Yes, there is an intermittent bug in random stars that I still haven't pinned down. The bug is a function that is adding the radii of two stars and one of them is null. I cannot figure out how this happens and I haven't been able to reproduce yet.

If I started a game with real star-systems turned off but haven't explored any jump points yet will turning it back on be like it was on from the start thus hopefully avoiding this bug? I had 3 NPR's at start too.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »
Yes agree. It does state this in the Known Issues post that I ask people to read before posting bugs, but I think a popup on game start is probably best.
Perhaps also display a link in the popup to the "Known issues"post, so things like the date time formats and such also get covered.
And perhaps in the "Known I"issues post just comment at the bottom that these things can be fixed by adjusting your language settings in your operating system.

I've added the link and made the separator issue very prominent.

Offline Argoniur

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
Quote from: Argoniur link=topic=11135. msg129147#msg129147 date=1588178635
Quote from: Hastermain link=topic=11135.   msg129105#msg129105 date=1588171632
Quote from: Hastermain link=topic=11135.   msg129011#msg129011 date=1588144331
The function number: terribly sorry, I skipped them out of habit, but there were ~4 different ones.    When saving the game, however, this error showed up:

The complete error text:

Happened on initial contact with aliens, survey vessel with EM/Thermal sensors on discovered a new alien race and got attacked.    Error that showed up on events: "New None Population contact: error"

Hey Steve, figured out how to reproduce the error.    Just send any ship to Herschel 5173-A I.    The 4 error windows (of function numbers 1957 1954 1943 478) will appear infinite times, and I believe it's tied to the ship being attacked by whatever it is.   

P.   S.    got all spoilers turned on + no maintenance, may be tied to no maintenance since you changed the code?

This happened to me too on contact with something, it happened prior to my survey ship being blown up, idk what attacked it but it could be spoilers since my survey ship had sensors and I've never had an NPR blow up my survey ship without me seeing them at all, neither ships nor missiles.    That time I closed the 4 error windows and moved on, then about a year later I got the same 4 events but infinite, could not save or close them (and I tried for a while), had to close the program, and I had no save at all since I was only 8 years in.    I am replaying the same game from the start to try to replicate it and have a save closer to it happening but for now it hasn't happened yet. 

Edit: I was playing with maintenance so I don't think it's that, and no invaders in my case

I've got it! Pass two 5 day increments and you'll get the 4 errors repeated 4 times, pass another increment and you get them again but they seem to be infinite.  The db is attached

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2020, 12:26:22 PM »

Do you want/need me to provide any extra info? I didn't supply the DB as it was a fresh one and I just did a pretty straightforward start but I can upload it.

Offline Argoniur

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »
Quote from: Harold65 link=topic=11135. msg129160#msg129160 date=1588180266
I'm getting this same set of errors.     The error isn't infinite.     I've used something to hold down the Enter key to process all of them, and the error stops when my ship is destroyed.     Seems like if I'm attacked by an undetected enemy, regardless of auto or manual time increment, this is the error series I get.   

The four function errors are:

Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1957: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You are right I thought they were infinite but holding enter you can get through them

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »
1.9.0 correct decimal separator

I've recovered alien technology that I'd like to use in my designs.
Components have been moved to earth.

Ship design window doesn't show the alien components.
The checkbox to use alien tech in the MISC tab has been checked.

Components don't show up in the class design.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »

Do you want/need me to provide any extra info? I didn't supply the DB as it was a fresh one and I just did a pretty straightforward start but I can upload it.

No, its fine. At some point I just need to keep starting random stars games until I get the bug.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
So, its been patch 1. 9 now and i still cant create a single game.  The past releases the problem was big windows and etc, right now the problem is: I literally cannot create a new game.  Nor i can close the window of creating a new race.  I have to force close the whole game and then when i try to open the newly created game, it appears in blank.  And it doesnt matter if i try to create in the solar system or not.  The same problem applies and has been since 1. 8.