Author Topic: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 8976 times)

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
Re: v1.9.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2020, 10:55:25 AM »
I seam to have found a rather strange problem.    It would seam that in 1.   9.   2 that the industry queue no longer moves onto building items.    For example if I have something that finishes building that was only using 10% industry and  you have something in the queue that is next to build that only uses 10% for example it will not start and you will only be using 90% of the industry.   

EDIT: If I do hit up queue it will start building the item, just have to manually do that tho.   

EDIT2: Now it just worked in my game? Odd maybe its only when I manually reduce the % on something already being worked on that it does not auto pickup the next queued  item? I will need to do a bit more fiddling. 

The odd thing is this worked with previous versions.   

Here is the requested info Steve asked for.   

Economics screen industry tab
Real stars
This is easy to reproduce.   
Just started this campaign.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:04:43 AM by Treahblade »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2020, 11:03:11 AM »
Since v1.9.0 I am getting "Error #1617 object not set to an instance of an object" every time I load/start game. It started on v1.9.0 and I got same in v1.9.2 here is screen shot. and DBs, (DB copy is V1.90) second is V1.9.2   Game plays okay after I press okay and have found no issues yet.

#1617 just converts a number into a string. What is your decimal separator?
 full stop .

v1.9.2
I can confirm this too. But only in certain save files apparently. Decimal separator "."
Attached is a DB to trigger the error.

I can load and run this db too without any problems.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2020, 11:06:00 AM »
v1.9.2

Under "Economics" Window, shipyards. If there are damaged ships of multiple races stationed on the same planet, you can apparently select ships of other races for repair - all damaged ships of other races (and their designs) are shown in the drop downs. Is it intended?

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, pwhk

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2020, 11:08:19 AM »
Quote from: TheDeadlyShoe link=topic=11159.  msg129439#msg129439 date=1588261528
Edit: @Simast, do the ships have different Armors? The ship having a different armor tech plus the difference in tonnage might be enough to make it non-refit. 
Yes, they do have different armor types.   How does armor affect refit mechanics exactly? Cant find anything about this in the Aurora C# changes post.   Btw, I have another set of ship designs with different armor that I am able to refit.
Different armor counts as a different component, and Armor is often a large chunk of a ships cost.  If they are different armors *and* notably different tonnages it is unsurprising it is not within refit range.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2020, 11:12:51 AM »
Found a weird bug.  Some ground commanders are generated with absurdly low promotion scores.  I noticed that some of my commanders with the highest Ground Combat Command score (seems to happen when this is over 4 million) were stuck at the lowest or second lowest rank.  I looked at the promotion score, thinking 'maybe there wasn't room at a higher rank' and found that their score was in the low hundreds even though they have better stats than any other commander.

Steps to reproduce.
New game.
Commander Political Bonuses off.
On commander screen hit replace all and give a large number (10000).

This should produce a few commanders that demonstrate this.

No score was being awarded for command ratings above 4m. Fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Foxxonius Augustus

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2020, 11:14:57 AM »
Quote from: TheDeadlyShoe link=topic=11159. msg129449#msg129449 date=1588262899
Different armor counts as a different component, and Armor is often a large chunk of a ships cost.   If they are different armors *and* notably different tonnages it is unsurprising it is not within refit range.
Got it, so it still just the build cost and size that affects refits (and armor will just contribute to changing both of them)? You can see build cost and tonnage in my bug report.  Either my math is terrible or I do not understand the mechanics. .  They are both within 20% range.

The following users thanked this post: Foxxonius Augustus

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »
1.9.2 Known stars, 3 NPR:s, 2.5 years in.

I got: Function #2662: Object reference not set to an instance of object

My guess is NPR-related since I'm not doing much right now. Did not leave Sol, have no active fleet orders. Basically only researching and building.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »
Quote from: TheDeadlyShoe link=topic=11159. msg129449#msg129449 date=1588262899
Different armor counts as a different component, and Armor is often a large chunk of a ships cost.   If they are different armors *and* notably different tonnages it is unsurprising it is not within refit range.
Got it, so it still just the build cost and size that affects refits (and armor will just contribute to changing both of them)? You can see build cost and tonnage in my bug report.  Either my math is terrible or I do not understand the mechanics. .  They are both within 20% range.

It's not the difference in total build points for the ships.
It's the total build points of the components that are part of the target design but not part of the source design.

The following users thanked this post: simast

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
v1. 9. 2
TN start, random stars, 1 year played

Got a "Function #2941: The given key was not present in the dictionary. " while passing time on the tactical map.  Clicked it away and continued with no problems so far.

I'm also getting some transit failure events on occasion even though the jump drives work fine.

Also ran into something I have never seen before, 2 NPR's spawning on the same planet, and it's only 2 jumps from Sol! Dont know if this is supposed to be able to happen or not but I figured it was worth mentioning.  It's a bit inconvenient as I was making diplomatic progress with one of them but the other one refused to talk and shot down my diplomatic ship after a while, now I'm just hoping they will fight each other as I decided to yet again be greedy and spawn with no warships.

You can have up to 3 NPRs on the same planet, so that is WAI.

Are the transit failures due to jump shock?  (immediately following another transit)

2941 is connected to age and luminosity of stars and would happen if you had a system with a star type that didn't exist, which I have never seen before. Very odd.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2020, 11:21:52 AM »
Function Number: N/A
Complete error text: N/A
Window affected: System view
What was I doing?: Renaming stars en masse
Start type: TN
Random or real stars: Real (though I've seen this in Random stars too)
Decimal Separator: Full stop

Reproduction steps:
1. Discover a few star systems.
2. View one in the system view.
3. Click "Select Name" and choose a name for the star
4. The star is renamed, as expected
5. Trying to select another star from the dropdown at the top of the system view fails with no error. This is resolved by closing and reopening the system view window.

I've tried these steps but can't reproduce.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2020, 11:23:24 AM »
1.9.2 Known stars, 3 NPR:s, 2.5 years in.

I got: Function #2662: Object reference not set to an instance of object

My guess is NPR-related since I'm not doing much right now. Did not leave Sol, have no active fleet orders. Basically only researching and building.

Related to recovery from ruins. Has been reported before, but I still haven't pinned it down.

Offline Prack

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2020, 11:29:24 AM »
Not sure if a bug or wai but in the Technology Report Window, there is no indication if a tech is a prototype.
Also can't see a way to delete unused prototypes to prevent clutter

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11159.   msg129464#msg129464 date=1588263712
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=11159.   msg129432#msg129432 date=1588260625

Reproduction steps:
1.    Discover a few star systems.   
2.    View one in the system view.   
3.    Click "Select Name" and choose a name for the star
4.    The star is renamed, as expected
5.    Trying to select another star from the dropdown at the top of the system view fails with no error.    This is resolved by closing and reopening the system view window.   

I had a very similar issue with the Tactical Window yesterday.    I used "Select Name" in the System View to change the name of a system that was open on the Tactical map.    The name didn't change on the Tactical Map which I expected but it didn't change after I hit Refresh either.    I thought I would switch away to another system and back but I found that I could not change systems on the Tactical Map at all.    Selecting other systems in the dropdown failed with no error message.    I saved the game so I could close and restart but as soon as the save finished the name updated on the Tactical Map and I could switch systems again.  This was on Random Stars. 

I have used the Select button to rename several other systems since then and it hasn't happened again but I don't know if I had them open at the time.    I'll see if I can figure out how to reproduce it tonight and give you a better report.

EDIT: One other thing that might be relevant is that I didn't like the name being generated by the jump chain naming theme and kept changing it but since it doesn't appear to be randomized I had the same name come up four or five times before I changed the theme. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:42:21 AM by rainyday »

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11159.  msg129464#msg129464 date=1588263712
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=11159.  msg129432#msg129432 date=1588260625

Reproduction steps:
1.   Discover a few star systems. 
2.   View one in the system view. 
3.   Click "Select Name" and choose a name for the star
4.   The star is renamed, as expected
5.   Trying to select another star from the dropdown at the top of the system view fails with no error.   This is resolved by closing and reopening the system view window. 

I had the exact same issue in a previous version, probably 1.7.3.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2020, 11:44:25 AM »

Reproduction steps:
1. Discover a few star systems.
2. View one in the system view.
3. Click "Select Name" and choose a name for the star
4. The star is renamed, as expected
5. Trying to select another star from the dropdown at the top of the system view fails with no error. This is resolved by closing and reopening the system view window.

Here's a screenshot. Note that I used Select Name to change the name of the system, and then tried to select Sol from the dropdown list. The system view did not refresh, nor can I get it to do so.

https://i.imgur.com/lUuCnPQ.png

Related issue: After renaming a system I can't use the dropdown on the tactical map to change systems either unless I advance time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:52:28 AM by Inglonias »