Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29405 times)

Offline dlathro1

• Petty Officer
  • d
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »
I had a strange bug in 1.  9.  0:

I swapped out an 8 MSP missile launcher for 4 2 MSP launchers.   I then used the shipyard tooled for the old design to refit to the old ships to their new designs.   There were 2 ships to refit and two slipways.   The game thew a "Function 2097: Attempted to divide by 0 error.  " Those two went through fine but any time I opened the economics window, or the game ticked forward, it through a divide by 0 error.   Any tasks given to the shipyard ate a slipway and never showed up on the "Shipyard Tasks" tab and never completed.   Restarting the game did nothing. 

I upgraded to 1.  9.  3 to see if it fixed the problem, but the game thew a "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.  " error.   Clicked OK.   "Function #1617: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  " error.   Clicked OK.   Game boots but with no race or system in the selector boxes.   Downgraded back to 1.  9.  0, "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.  " persists. 

Accidentally clicked on taskbar shortcut and it opened the version 1.  9.  0 game with the divide by 0 error again, despite the fact that it had been overwritten and the overwriting file opened Aurora in a different place on the Taskbar, but that might just be weird windows behavior. 

Database attached below. 

EDIT: I had 2 MSP 2 Missile launchers that were identical, including their names, if that's relevant.  I don't have time now, but I will attempt to reproduce the original bug in a fresh instal of 1. 9. 3 when I have the time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:32:38 PM by dlathro1 »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »
I had a strange bug in 1.  9.  0:

I swapped out an 8 MSP missile launcher for 4 2 MSP launchers.   I then used the shipyard tooled for the old design to refit to the old ships to their new designs.   There were 2 ships to refit and two slipways.   The game thew a "Function 2097: Attempted to divide by 0 error.  " Those two went through fine but any time I opened the economics window, or the game ticked forward, it through a divide by 0 error.   Any tasks given to the shipyard ate a slipway and never showed up on the "Shipyard Tasks" tab and never completed.   Restarting the game did nothing. 

I upgraded to 1.  9.  3 to see if it fixed the problem, but the game thew a "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.  " error.   Clicked OK.   "Function #1617: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  " error.   Clicked OK.   Game boots but with no race or system in the selector boxes.   Downgraded back to 1.  9.  0, "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.  " persists. 

Accidentally clicked on taskbar shortcut and it opened the version 1.  9.  0 game with the divide by 0 error again, despite the fact that it had been overwritten and the overwriting file opened Aurora in a different place on the Taskbar, but that might just be weird windows behavior. 

Database attached below. 

EDIT: I had 2 MSP 2 Missile launchers that were identical, including their names, if that's relevant.  I don't have time now, but I will attempt to reproduce the original bug in a fresh instal of 1. 9. 3 when I have the time.

Idk but this sounds like some sort of install problem - have you tried doing a completely fresh 1.9.0 install then upgrade to 1.9.3?

The following users thanked this post: dlathro1

Opal

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »
Its my first post so hello everyone.

Since version 1. 9. 0 my every research is done in couple days.  I am generating like 400. 000 research points daily.
Has anyone run into the same problem?

Fresh start, conventional empire.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 05:26:01 PM »
Its my first post so hello everyone.

Since version 1. 9. 0 my every research is done in couple days.  I am generating like 400. 000 research points daily.
Has anyone run into the same problem?

Fresh start, conventional empire.
This sounds like this problem.

Offline dlathro1

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 06:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11173. msg129527#msg129527 date=1588283605
Quote from: dlathro1 link=topic=11173. msg129522#msg129522 date=1588282138
I had a strange bug in 1.   9.   0:

I swapped out an 8 MSP missile launcher for 4 2 MSP launchers.    I then used the shipyard tooled for the old design to refit to the old ships to their new designs.    There were 2 ships to refit and two slipways.    The game thew a "Function 2097: Attempted to divide by 0 error.   " Those two went through fine but any time I opened the economics window, or the game ticked forward, it through a divide by 0 error.    Any tasks given to the shipyard ate a slipway and never showed up on the "Shipyard Tasks" tab and never completed.    Restarting the game did nothing.   

I upgraded to 1.   9.   3 to see if it fixed the problem, but the game thew a "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.   " error.    Clicked OK.    "Function #1617: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   " error.    Clicked OK.    Game boots but with no race or system in the selector boxes.    Downgraded back to 1.   9.   0, "Function #1126: Column 'chkHabRangeWorldsLowG' does not belong to table RecordSet.   " persists.   

Accidentally clicked on taskbar shortcut and it opened the version 1.   9.   0 game with the divide by 0 error again, despite the fact that it had been overwritten and the overwriting file opened Aurora in a different place on the Taskbar, but that might just be weird windows behavior.   

Database attached below.   

EDIT: I had 2 MSP 2 Missile launchers that were identical, including their names, if that's relevant.   I don't have time now, but I will attempt to reproduce the original bug in a fresh instal of 1.  9.  3 when I have the time.

Idk but this sounds like some sort of install problem - have you tried doing a completely fresh 1. 9. 0 install then upgrade to 1. 9. 3?
1. 9. 3
Turns out you were right, I accidentally installed 1. 9. 3 in my 1. 8. 0 directory, silly me.  :P

I installed 1. 9. 3  in my 1. 9. 0 directory and the game booted (yay!) but the divide by zero error persisted.  (boo!) I will attempt to create from a fresh install when I have the time.

New, right, DB below

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 06:36:21 PM »
Question:  Can you use Aux Controls on commercial vessels or are they just for military ships?  I constructed a freighter with an Aux Control and cannot post an XO - it doesn't show up as an available posting - so not sure if this is bug or WAI?

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 07:22:37 PM »
1.9.3 patched from a 1.9.0 installation, . decimal separator, TN start, random stars, no time elapsed yet.

While setting up my game start, I had just finished spending my starting build points and was in the Naval Organization window setting up admin commands and fleets and whatnot. I made a subfleet in a naval command for a squadron of ships, and...
accidentally dragged the parent fleet into its own subfleet. It has now vanished from its parent command, and after clicking anywhere in game (the cursor stuck in the 'drag and drop' mode), Aurora seems to have frozen.

Obviously in the future I just won't do that  ;D, but still reporting the fact that it's possible.

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=11173. msg129481#msg129481 date=1588266656
Worth noting that I reproduced this issue on both my desktop and laptop.

I can reproduce this in 1. 9. 3 as well using a fresh install with the default game. 

1.  Turn on SM mode and explore 1 jump point. 
2.  Switch Main Window / Tactical Map view to the new system. 
3.  Open System View and use "Select Name" function to choose a new name. 
4.  Without closing the System View window click the systems drop-down and choose "Sol"
5.  The system view window does not update.
6.  Minimize System View.
7.  On the Main Window, select the system selector drop-down and choose Sol. 
8.  Nothing happens.
9.  Closing the System View, opening it again fixes *BOTH* windows. 

It's 100% for me.  I just reproduced it on all three jump points out of Sol in the test game. 

It also doesn't actually seem to matter if you have the system open in the Main Window.  I had Sol open in the main window while I was renaming one of them and I could not switch to any other system until I closed and reopened the System View window.  Just closing it doesn't work.  It's definitely close and reopen.  Advancing time does not fix it for me.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:48:12 PM by rainyday »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
It looks like the max atmosphere value when terraforming is not saved, which, if true, may result in some issues if you don't pay attention to your terraforming projects.

EDIT: I got the value to save by clicking off of the max value text box, but that seems... a little weird.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:10:40 PM by Inglonias »

Offline 1X3oZCfhKej34h

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • ?
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=11173. msg129562#msg129562 date=1588295349
It looks like the max atmosphere value when terraforming is not saved, which, if true, may result in some issues if you don't pay attention to your terraforming projects.

EDIT: I got the value to save by clicking off of the max value text box, but that seems. . .  a little weird.

I think that one has always been the case.  I just make sure to hit tab after I enter the value.

Offline Langer

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 11:00:52 PM »
Mining Tab of Economics - under Mining Modifiers, all the numbers are accurate, but the total production on the end isn't reflecting the 'production bonus'.  Actual mining production is also correct.  (Example, new game, 1600 Conventional Industry, Production modifier is listed as 1. 5, Governor 1. 15 (15% mining bonus for the governor), the rest 1.  Total Production is listed as 1,840 with is the 1600*1. 15.  Actual mining amount for accessibility 1 is 2,760 (1600*1. 15*1. 5).

It would seem to make more sense to have that Total Prod value actually say 2,760.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 11:22:08 PM »
v1.9.3
Under "Naval Organization" window, after selecting a fleet, you can drag to select all the ships in the ship list, including an empty element between the Title "Ship Name" and all the ships. Click "Detach" with everything selected prompts "Function #970 Null Reference Exception"

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 11:58:07 PM »
It may not be quite a bug, but the Commercial Damage Control and Max Tracking Time for Bonus vs Missiles: 30 Seconds (6%) techs both have a redundant dependency on Trans-Newtonian Technology, because they also depend on another tech which depends on Trans-Newtonian Technology.

Meanwhile High-Density Duranium Armor depends on Duranium Armor twice :)

These don't cause any ill effects in the game, but they make the tech tree look funny when graphed.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 01:06:28 AM »
Formation Templates: The Civilian Garrison CGR is hidden when you open that window; but when you for example add a new template, they become visible in the template list.

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 01:30:39 AM »
Version: 1.9.2
The function number: #2941
The complete error text: The given key was not present in the dictionary
The window affected: Tactical (affected system)
What you were doing at the time: Started Grav Survey “conditional order” & auto turn (1 day construction cycle)
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No (ENG-UK regional settings)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off
Length of the campaign: 26 Years in game & first system survey after Sol.

The bugs thread for 1.9.2 is closed, but i thought i should report this bug.

Version 1.9.3 confirmation (in the same game)
#2941: The given key was not present in the dictionary
Action: SM explore jump point

After the error the jump point disappears.
If you reload the game the error doesn't reappear, i guess it's a problem with system generation.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:32:40 AM by Bubbaisagod »