Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22752 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2020, 02:17:35 PM »
The function number 1170 on Startup, 3060 when attempting to open a system with a terraformed planet.   When not checking a terraformed system it still gives 3060 errors when opening the system body screen,
The complete error text Function #1170: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types | Function #3060: Object reference not set to an instance of an object | #3056 when switching to a system that is not terraformed, not checking the generation and display. 
The window affected: Tactical map, System bodies map. 
What you were doing at the time: Initially I was just starting up the game, when I got the Function 1170 error.   And then when the game loads, it gives me #3060 errors, especially when I try to open the system bodies page for my terraformed star system, which then gives infinite #3060 errors, which forces me to shut down my game.   
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No, it's a period.   I checked and it didn't change to that. 
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? So far it's only happened on this save, and every time I re-launch it happens.  When starting a new save, and restarting my game, the launch error does not happen.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well It is a 17 year campaign so far.

Could you upload a database with this error? I think that would make it much easier for Steve to find & fix.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
Spacemaster-adding an NPR to a body in the system view modifies the body's minerals even if the operation is cancelled.

Reproduction steps:

Enter spacemaster mode.
Open the system view.
Click a surveyed world with no minerals.
Click "Create Race".
Click "Cancel".
Observe the mineral window. The world will now have home world-level minerals.

This appears to work for all body types, including gas giants.

Reproduced, adding to confirmed.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Main and event window
What you were doing at the time: 5 days increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: one-off
If this is a long campaign: ~25 years

The event window (and on the main screen) shows that 40.0000 (instead of 40) MSP are required to repair an engine due to a failure.
The cost of the engine is 40 and the damage has been correctly repaired though, I do not know why it is showing this strange number 40.0000
I can say that just the increment before, the ship had exceeded the deployement time.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2020, 02:36:20 PM »
Those should be zeroes after decimal separator if you are using period so it is still 40 MSP

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2020, 02:49:58 PM »
Those should be zeroes after decimal separator if you are using period so it is still 40 MSP
While cosmetic it is still a glitch as fractional supplies aren't a thing.  Maybe it should go in the typos thread?

Offline Shodan13

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2020, 03:07:58 PM »
Are standing orders supposed to override manual ones? I told a ship to refuel from a tanker rather than a colony and I have to turn off the standing order to make that happen.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
So current civ transports might transport in-correct numbers of facilities depending on the size of the transport the and facility in question.

For example when I asked for 1 spaceport to be moved to my colony I got 1.0125 or something like that.

The input for supply and demand do not allow fractions in (such as 0.125) and gives you a message telling you to put a whole number, meaning you have to manually use ships with cargo bays to correct the error.

Another common example I get is I demand 100 mines but end up with 102 mines on the colony (however you can fix this without your own cargo ships as 2 is a whole number).

As you can see from my post above I use periods not commas when it comes to fractions. This is on the latest 1.9.4 version but has been around since 1.0. Screen affected= civ economy. I've seen other people mention this too and I am sure one of you bug mods must have encountered this already. If you haven't the best way to get it to happen is to transport large facilities such as academies and spaceports using the civ economy. It's kinda random and depends on the last ship to transport and the size of it's holds. Always make sure you have some facilities on the first planet getting picked up from that is more than the supply you set (such as having 2 spaceports on Earth and supplying 1).

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »
While cosmetic it is still a glitch as fractional supplies aren't a thing.  Maybe it should go in the typos thread?

Yes I though the same, however I use a period.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2020, 03:39:32 PM »
So current civ transports might transport in-correct numbers of facilities depending on the size of the transport the and facility in question.

For example when I asked for 1 spaceport to be moved to my colony I got 1.0125 or something like that.

The input for supply and demand do not allow fractions in (such as 0.125) and gives you a message telling you to put a whole number, meaning you have to manually use ships with cargo bays to correct the error.

Another common example I get is I demand 100 mines but end up with 102 mines on the colony (however you can fix this without your own cargo ships as 2 is a whole number).

As you can see from my post above I use periods not commas when it comes to fractions. This is on the latest 1.9.4 version but has been around since 1.0. Screen affected= civ economy. I've seen other people mention this too and I am sure one of you bug mods must have encountered this already. If you haven't the best way to get it to happen is to transport large facilities such as academies and spaceports using the civ economy. It's kinda random and depends on the last ship to transport and the size of it's holds. Always make sure you have some facilities on the first planet getting picked up from that is more than the supply you set (such as having 2 spaceports on Earth and supplying 1).

This one is known already. If you can spot any pattern or reliable way to trigger it please report the details as that could help Steve find it.

All posts checked until here /Bughunter
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:58:45 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2020, 04:23:25 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Create Project, missile design, turrets design
What you were doing at the time: NA
Conventional or TN start: NA
Random or Real Stars: NA
Is your decimal separator a comma: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: easy
If this is a long campaign: ~NA

There is no instant button when you still have starting RP point if you are not in SM mode. Also using that instant button does not remove the corresponding number of RP points.
As this button is present in the research tab when you have RP points remaining, the same should be true for these three windows as well

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
The "Keep Tactical in Background" checkbox is not saved.

In tactical (system) screen in the display tab.

Easy to reproduce:
1. Open game
2. Enable the "Keep Tactical in Background"
3. Save game
4. Close game
5. Reopen game

The "Keep Tactical in Background" in now disabled

At least some other buttons are saved ("events" and in contacts tab "civilians"), but have not done more major testing

Version 1.9.4

Tested all under display and found All Windows Linked to Race is also not saved. Added to confirmed.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »

This one is known already. If you can spot any pattern or reliable way to trigger it please report the details as that could help Steve find it.
If it helps, VB Aurora had exactly the same problem and it was due to different sized freighters handling the same contract.  If the freighter finishing the contract was larger than any of the others before it you can get a situation where it should only move a partial load but instead it moves a full load, going over the contracted amount.
Example: Contract to move 1 installation.  A small freighter moves 1/4 of an installation, then a large one comes along and moves a full installation, for a total of 1.25 installations moved.  This regularly happened when moving research facilities between Earth and Luna.  I will try to reproduce it in C#.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg130491#msg130491

Pretty sure my post here wasn't responded to by one of the volunteers yet.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2020, 07:44:07 PM »
Colony ships do not respect maximum # of items on loading. 
To duplicate: create a colony ship with 100,000 capacity.  Issue a load order for 5 colonists.  The colony ship will be filled to capacity.

The function number  N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: loading colonists specifying # of items max
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - First day of the campaign

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »
Visual bug - renaming an alien race's Known Ship Class (with the "Rename Class" button in the "Intelligence and Foreign Relations" tab) will remove both the number and type of the ship until the window is refreshed by closing and reopening the window (example: '1x XX Ambler' changes to just 'Bob', instead of '1x XX Bob').

Separately, under Themes, there's two "Names Beginning with U" (the second of which is actually names that start with 'V'), and then "Names Beginning with V" is actually names starting with 'W'.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:56:25 PM by AlStar »