Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22227 times)

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
The window affected: Naval Organization and Shipyard Tasks (Economics)
What you were doing at the time: renaming ships
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: easy to reproduce

It is small issue with renaming ships. If I select Prefix for ship naming in Class Design - Miscellaneous, you get correctly named ship build by shipyards. But if you decide to later rename the ship in Naval Organization window with Select Name button, you get the new name but without the prefix. Same issue in Shipyard Tasks window, if you start construction and later decide to use Select Name button to rename the ship, you will get name without prefix.

So for example HMS Belfast will become just Belfast if renamed in this way.

Not sure if bug, oversight or WAI.

Seems more like a small oversight rather than a Bug but I will pass it along in the morning or if another mod wants to do it they can.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »
Fleet, that shipyards have to use for newbuilt ships, is always first fleet by alpha sorting order, instead of what you set manually.

The function number -
The complete error text -
The window affected Economics (Shipyards)
What you were doing at the time Building ships
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No, period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce
I'm a bit confused by what you are saying. Are you saying that if you select "fleet A" for the shipyard task that it doesn't actually place into that fleet? Or that the shipyard doesn't remember what fleet it was previously assigned?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
Fleet, that shipyards have to use for newbuilt ships, is always first fleet by alpha sorting order, instead of what you set manually.

The function number -
I'm a bit confused by what you are saying. Are you saying that if you select "fleet A" for the shipyard task that it doesn't actually place into that fleet? Or that the shipyard doesn't remember what fleet it was previously assigned?

I believe he means that when you select fleet for shipyard construction in Shipyards (Economics tab) it is not remembered when you close and open the window again. It always reset to alphabetically first fleet you have.

So you want to build one ship and assign it to flee B, you do it and it starts construction of ship that will be but in fleet B when done. Now when you close the window and open it again it switches to fleet A for new constructions because it is first alphabetically even when you previously told the shipyard that you want to place produced ships in fleet B.

Edit: I think in VB6 it remembered the shipyard you selected, but I am not completely sure.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:54:13 PM by Black »

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »
1.  Civilian colony ships do not respect max body population.  Will cause overcrowding if you don't manually set to source or stable.
2.  Orbital Habitats will likewise continue to grow even when max pop+hab capacity<pop, causing overcrowding.
3.  Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

The function number-N/A
The complete error text-N/A
The window affected-N/A
What you were doing at the time - Testing population and civilian trading mechanics.  LG infrastructure is now traded, yay!
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - 1,000.00
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - less than 75

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2020, 04:09:42 PM »

The function number -

I believe he means that when you select fleet for shipyard construction in Shipyards (Economics tab) it is not remembered when you close and open the window again. It always reset to alphabetically first fleet you have.

So you want to build one ship and assign it to flee B, you do it and it starts construction of ship that will be but in fleet B when done. Now when you close the window and open it again it switches to fleet A for new constructions because it is first alphabetically even when you previously told the shipyard that you want to place produced ships in fleet B.

Edit: I think in VB6 it remembered the shipyard you selected, but I am not completely sure.

You have to press "default fleet" button to make it remember which fleet to use by default:

I just tested and the button works as it should in 1.9.4

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »
Was gonna say what Garfunkel said. I thought that might be the issue as it will just reset if you don't use default fleet.

1.  Civilian colony ships do not respect max body population.  Will cause overcrowding if you don't manually set to source or stable.
2.  Orbital Habitats will likewise continue to grow even when max pop+hab capacity<pop, causing overcrowding.

The function number-N/A
The window affected-N/A
What you were doing at the time - Testing population and civilian trading mechanics.  LG infrastructure is now traded, yay!
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - less than 75
As far as I'm aware this is WAI. They will respect your wishes if you go to the Economics-Civilian Economy tab and put the colony as Stable.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2020, 04:16:28 PM »
Civilian shipping lines should not be bringing colonists to Orbital Habitats.

Civilian shipping lines should not be bringing colonists to a colony if there isn't enough infrastructure on it to house them.

However, max body pop was never specified by Steve - this might be an oversight.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2020, 04:24:13 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval Org
What you were doing at the time: Loaded up 1.92 game on the 1.94 patch. All sub-fleets in the fleets are moved up under the main fleet. So sub-fleet hierarchy isn't saved.
See screenshot for how 1st fleet was organized, then compare to how it looks in DB now  :(
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2020, 05:10:37 PM »
Was gonna say what Garfunkel said. I thought that might be the issue as it will just reset if you don't use default fleet.

The function number-N/A
The window affected-N/A
As far as I'm aware this is WAI. They will respect your wishes if you go to the Economics-Civilian Economy tab and put the colony as Stable.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  These are three separate issues. 
1.  Civilian shipping ignoring max body pop may be WAI, requiring you to manually turn off colonist transfer.  Can catch people by surprise when overcrowding penalties start to accrue.  Might cause confusion with the two separate sources of overcrowding (infra and max pop)
2.  Separately from the above, natural population growth in a colony with orbital habitats will cause overcrowding.
3.   Completely separate thing that I noticed when spawning in the Orbital Hab, Civilian fleets show up in instant build drop-down for ship classes.

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2020, 06:43:00 PM »
Missile launchers with 0.4x size/20x reload rate have significantly less crew requirement than missile launchers with 0.3x size/100x reload rate.
The crew requirement of missile launchers increases with increasing size (This makes sense). Missile launchers with the above specifications seem to be an exception to this rule (this is very likely a bug)

The window affected: Components design
What you were doing at the time: Designing a missile launcher
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Trivial. Choose a larger missile size for greater effect.
The rest: N/A

Offline Polestar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • P
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2020, 06:44:42 PM »
Would someone help check on the effect of commanders and admin HQs on the rate of grav surveys? Here are my notes:

Testing using several gravitational survey ships, each mounting one ordinary grav sensor (base rate: 1/hour), and one geosurvey ship, mounting one ordinary geo sensor.

Survey (and general) commands appear to affect geo-surveys normally. The commander on a ship contributes 50% of their bonus. The effect of the science officer has not been tested by me. The effects of commanders and admin support take effect immediately. Survey commands do indeed get a 2x range bonus.

Grav surveys are weird. I could not get the rate at which they operate to change by any mix of commanders or admin HQs. The rate stuck at 1.45/hour, and attempts to reset things by cancelling commands, waiting for the next gravsurvey site, or even removing the admin command entirely all failed to change this in the slightest.

Not quite following you here. Steve said that Admin command bonuses are not showing up on fleet view. I just check myself now and saw no difference in fleet view Survey points depending on admin command structure. Where are you seeing the grav/geo difference?
I am seeing the admin and commander bonuses show up as expected in the rate at which bodies are surveyed. I am NOT seeing them show up in the rate at which grav survey points are surveyed.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
The function number: 1690
The complete error text:
1.9.4 Function #1690: Value to add was out of range.

Parameter name: value
The window affected: Main window
What you were doing at the time: Being bombed to death (i strongly suspect this is related to my political modifier being reduced as it started around then)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: It is happening every increment for me
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 45 year campaign so far (year is 2060)

I am using custom portraits, so I stowed my whole game here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/85l7jm7youh31hf/aurora_c%2523_1.94.zip/file

Additional note: This save was brought forward from 1.93

Offline rekrats

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
The function number: -
The complete error text: -
The window affected: Info taken from the class designer
What you were doing at the time: -
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: not sure
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 90 years

Encountered a strange effect in 1. 9. 3 and 1. 9. 4
Ships of civilian shipping lines are getting slower, but more efficient and cheaper with tech progression.        Seems civilian ships are always the minimal engine power with each tech, which results in
ships with almost no fuel requirement but the overall engine tech cant keep up.     
Would be better if they get faster with tech progression as 40. 000 or 20. 000 fuel is not that big of thing.       

Schult Huge F6 class Freighter      159 482 tons       375 Crew       1 950 BP       TCS 3 190    TH 4 800    EM 0
1504 km/s      Armour 1-261       Shields 0-0       HTK 98      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 7    Max Repair 120 MSP
Cargo 125 000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 20   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Schult P480.        0 Civilian Drive (10)    Power 4800    Fuel Use 3. 61%    Signature 480    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 750 000 Litres    Range 23.        4 billion km (180 days at full power)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schult Huge F7 class Freighter      178 718 tons       275 Crew       1 125.        8 BP       TCS 3 574    TH 4 000    EM 0
1119 km/s      Armour 1-282       Shields 0-0       HTK 118      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 3    Max Repair 50 MSP

Schult P400.        0 Civilian Drive (10)    Power 4000    Fuel Use 0. 23%    Signature 400    Explosion 2%
Fuel Capacity 40 000 Litres    Range 17.        8 billion km (184 days at full power)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schult Huge F8 class Freighter      178 386 tons       225 Crew       990.        1 BP       TCS 3 568    TH 3 750    EM 0
1051 km/s      Armour 1-282       Shields 0-0       HTK 117      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 3    Max Repair 50 MSP

Schult P375.        00 Civilian Drive (10)    Power 3750    Fuel Use 0.  08%    Signature 375    Explosion 1%
Fuel Capacity 20 000 Litres    Range 24.  4 billion km (268 days at full power)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:43:21 PM by rekrats »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2020, 07:26:18 PM »
The complete error text:

What you were doing at the time: Being bombed to death (i strongly suspect this is related to my political modifier being reduced as it started around then)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: It is happening every increment for me
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 45 year campaign so far (year is 2060)

I downloaded your save to see what the hell was going on and I can't figure out what you're trying to go for here. Also, something is seriously wrong with Earth just looking at its colony summary.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »
The complete error text:

I downloaded your save to see what the hell was going on and I can't figure out what you're trying to go for here. Also, something is seriously wrong with Earth just looking at its colony summary.

Well as mentioned I am being bombed to death...