Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22228 times)

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 01:50:04 PM »
OKay,

I gave the refuel orders manually. Should have specified that.

Is it still WAI? I wasn't aware that particular order only worked in one system

I did it manually to refuel at home system as well and had no issues, seems to be what my colleague above said. WAI, this is not a confirmed bug, thank you for the report and please format your reports properly next time, have a nice day!.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »
Order seems to work fine. I tried removing all current orders and they were recreated on the next increment without any message. Cannot say I'm 100% sure about the triggering as I haven't tested taking the ship above 40% and retriggering it, but in any case i cannot see any bug here so far.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »
THanks. I'll chalk it up to weirdness and move on. :)

Offline Polestar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • P
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2020, 02:00:24 PM »
Would someone help check on the effect of commanders and admin HQs on the rate of grav surveys? Here are my notes:

Testing using several gravitational survey ships, each mounting one ordinary grav sensor (base rate: 1/hour), and one geosurvey ship, mounting one ordinary geo sensor.

Survey (and general) commands appear to affect geo-surveys normally. The commander on a ship contributes 50% of their bonus. The effect of the science officer has not been tested by me. The effects of commanders and admin support take effect immediately. Survey commands do indeed get a 2x range bonus.

Grav surveys are weird. I could not get the rate at which they operate to change by any mix of commanders or admin HQs. The rate stuck at 1.45/hour, and attempts to reset things by cancelling commands, waiting for the next gravsurvey site, or even removing the admin command entirely all failed to change this in the slightest.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
Would someone help check on the effect of commanders and admin HQs on the rate of grav surveys? Here are my notes:

Testing using several gravitational survey ships, each mounting one ordinary grav sensor (base rate: 1/hour), and one geosurvey ship, mounting one ordinary geo sensor.

Survey (and general) commands appear to affect geo-surveys normally. The commander on a ship contributes 50% of their bonus. The effect of the science officer has not been tested by me. The effects of commanders and admin support take effect immediately. Survey commands do indeed get a 2x range bonus.

Grav surveys are weird. I could not get the rate at which they operate to change by any mix of commanders or admin HQs. The rate stuck at 1.45/hour, and attempts to reset things by cancelling commands, waiting for the next gravsurvey site, or even removing the admin command entirely all failed to change this in the slightest.

Again please follow the format and attach the database, this is more of a weirdness issue and less of a straightforward bug as such if you could follow the format and attach a database we can have a look. the guidelines are below please answer them and edit your post accordingly.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »
I first noticed this in previous version. Tested again now with fresh DB
Old bug post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130296#msg130296

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected Naval Org. Ship overview on Supply ship
What you were doing at the time:
 Added 20% Underway replenishment tech and spawned a supply ship and a tanker with SM. Both in same fleet. Set them going. Originally range for Supply ship was 98,4b km, which both fleet view and design agree upon. After 30 day of flying it was 94.35b km.
Tanker should have been able to refill the tank several times over during that 30 day period. As it has 50 000L transfer rate. Over 30 days it should be able to fill about 7m liters of fuel, assuming 20% effect due to tech mention earlier. Both ships have used about 20 000L during this time, so close to no refueling have been done.

Telling them to stop for an hour and Supply ship is refueled fine.
Tanker is set to "Refuel own fleet"

Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy

Supply ship "resupply own fleet" setting reverting to "no auto resupply" after reload should also be shown in this DB. As the ship was set to resupply own fleet when DB was uploaded.
Original bug report: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130306#msg130306
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2020, 02:17:43 PM »
I first noticed this in previous version. Tested again now with fresh DB
Old bug post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130296#msg130296

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected Naval Org. Ship overview on Supply ship
What you were doing at the time:
 Added 20% Underway replenishment tech and spawned a supply ship and a tanker with SM. Both in same fleet. Set them going. Originally range for Supply ship was 98,4b km, which both fleet view and design agree upon. After 30 day of flying it was 94.35b km.
Tanker should have been able to refill the tank several times over during that 30 day period. As it has 50 000L transfer rate. Over 30 days it should be able to fill about 7m liters of fuel, assuming 20% effect due to tech mention earlier. Both ships have used about 20 000L during this time, so close to no refueling have been done.

Telling them to stop for an hour and Supply ship is refueled fine.
Tanker is set to "Refuel own fleet"

Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy

Supply ship "resupply own fleet" setting reverting to "no auto resupply" after reload should also be shown in this DB. As the ship was set to resupply own fleet when DB was uploaded.
Original bug report: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130306#msg130306

Thank you for following the format properly, I have looked at the DB and have forwarded time, it appears that they are not refuelling properly while underway, even with just 20% rate replenishment it wont work, as such I will be moving this to confirmed. Thank you, have a nice day.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »

Not quite following you here. Steve said that Admin command bonuses are not showing up on fleet view. I just check myself now and saw no difference in fleet view Survey points depending on admin command structure. Where are you seeing the grav/geo difference?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »
Tested in 1.9.4, dot as decimal point as usual.

The requirement for secondary officers (chief engineers, CIC officer and such) seems to be very restrictive (limited to 1 rank).

This is the naval ranks I have (game default):

This is the ship in question, before 'Senior C.O.' is checked:
Code: [Select]
Aachen class Destroyer      36,000 tons       1,025 Crew       16,155.2 BP       TCS 720    TH 14,400    EM 0
20000 km/s      Armour 6-97       Shields 0-0       HTK 208      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 62      PPV 121.48
Maint Life 2.15 Years     MSP 8,975    AFR 324%    IFR 4.5%    1YR 2,594    5YR 38,903    Max Repair 3000 MSP
Magazine 865.6   
Captain    Control Rating 3   BRG   ENG   CIC   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

A vice admiral is assigned to the ship as its commanding officer. Tested with rear admiral/captain as commanding officers too.

In this case, the ranks of officers allowed to take the tactical officer's role is only the lieutenant commanders:

Nothing else between lieutenant commanders and captains work.

If 'Senior C.O.' on the ship design screen is checked, the min rank for the commanding officer changes to Commodore:
Aachen class Destroyer      36,000 tons       1,025 Crew       16,155.2 BP       TCS 720    TH 14,400    EM 0
20000 km/s      Armour 6-97       Shields 0-0       HTK 208      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 62      PPV 121.48
Maint Life 2.15 Years     MSP 8,975    AFR 324%    IFR 4.5%    1YR 2,594    5YR 38,903    Max Repair 3000 MSP
Magazine 865.6   
Commodore    Control Rating 3   BRG   ENG   CIC   

In this case, only commanders are allowed in tactical officer's position. Nothing below (expected), nothing above.

It seems so far only 1 exact rank can be assigned as secondary officers in both cases ('Senior C.O.' checked or not). Not sure if it is intended, or a bug.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2020, 02:23:10 PM »
Tested in 1.9.4, dot as decimal point as usual.

The requirement for secondary officers (chief engineers, CIC officer and such) seems to be very restrictive (limited to 1 rank).

This is the naval ranks I have (game default):

This is the ship in question, before 'Senior C.O.' is checked:
Magazine 865.6   
Captain    Control Rating 3   BRG   ENG   CIC   

A vice admiral is assigned to the ship as its commanding officer. Tested with rear admiral/captain as commanding officers too.

In this case, the ranks of officers allowed to take the tactical officer's role is only the lieutenant commanders:

Nothing else between lieutenant commanders and captains work.

If 'Senior C.O.' on the ship design screen is checked, the min rank for the commanding officer changes to Commodore:
Magazine 865.6   
Commodore    Control Rating 3   BRG   ENG   CIC   

In this case, only commanders are allowed in tactical officer's position. Nothing below (expected), nothing above.

It seems so far only 1 exact rank can be assigned as secondary officers in both cases ('Senior C.O.' checked or not). Not sure if it is intended, or a bug.

Thank you for answering the guidelines, after reading through it and also the mechanics and trying to reproduce myself which has been successful, I have decided to move this to confirmed, it appears something is wrong here, but it could be down to a bug or just not clear mechanic changes that people dont understand either way something is wrong here and I will be moving this, thank you.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2020, 02:53:18 PM »
Not sure if this is working as intended or not, but it appears that maintenance facilities that are still under construction will still contribute to the total maintenance capacity of a planet.

I'm attaching a database where such a thing is happening, on the planet Marie in the Curie system.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
Not sure if this is working as intended or not, but it appears that maintenance facilities that are still under construction will still contribute to the total maintenance capacity of a planet.

I'm attaching a database where such a thing is happening, on the planet Marie in the Curie system.

It's WAI. You're not gaining capacity, you are losing some due to "unrest" Political stab is at 97.59%
With 8 facilities you should have 12800 with current tech, not 12 492

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2020, 03:09:53 PM »

It's WAI. You're not gaining capacity, you are losing some due to "unrest" Political stab is at 97.59%
With 8 facilities you should have 12800 with current tech, not 12 492

Right. Forgot about stability. Sorry!

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
Fleet, that shipyards have to use for newbuilt ships, is always first fleet by alpha sorting order, instead of what you set manually.

The function number -
The complete error text -
The window affected Economics (Shipyards)
What you were doing at the time Building ships
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No, period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2020, 03:28:32 PM »
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
The window affected: Naval Organization and Shipyard Tasks (Economics)
What you were doing at the time: renaming ships
Is your decimal separator a comma?: period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: easy to reproduce

It is small issue with renaming ships. If I select Prefix for ship naming in Class Design - Miscellaneous, you get correctly named ship build by shipyards. But if you decide to later rename the ship in Naval Organization window with Select Name button, you get the new name but without the prefix. Same issue in Shipyard Tasks window, if you start construction and later decide to use Select Name button to rename the ship, you will get name without prefix.

So for example HMS Belfast will become just Belfast if renamed in this way.

Not sure if bug, oversight or WAI.