Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39411 times)

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2020, 06:29:07 AM »
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: unloading ordonance at Earth, changing ordonnance templates and then reloading at Earth
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off

A WTF bug :

The Aconit and Acnée missiles were never designed, nor named, nor anything. They are not supposed to exist. I was about when about to order my collier to reload at Earth, after messing with the templates, when I noticed it was already full by those strange missiles. Only one of the two fleet's collier had that issue, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Unloading the affected is impossible, as other fantomic missiles with different name will appear :

It is actually flooding my stockpiles :

DB : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing

You are getting alien missiles aboard your collier. I just have to ask, did you do any database editing or use any mods?
Did you capture any alien stockpiles at some point? Capture ships with missiles on? Any other idea what may have triggered the bug?

First me then Steve spent a lot of time on this one but cannot figure it out. Giving up for now. If anyone see the same please report it again with as much detail as possible.

Confirming this bug.
Few streams ago I was trying to get my colliers to reload my fleet (they wouldn't because I was using sub-8hour increments, but I didn't know this yet) and one of my colliers was set to "Remove SubFleet Ordnance" in desperation to try and get it to work. There were no subfleets created.
The collier ended up pulling a few AMMs out of the ether into its magazines.
Looking through the DB just now (it's not modified, I just browse around), I traced the AMM as belonging to the other NPR in the game. How their missiles got in my magazines, considering I don't even know they exist, is left up to the imagination. Personally, I suspect gnomes.

For funsies, tried to replicat it just now.
Was able to succeed by having the magazine ship in the main fleet (even with a subfleet underneath it) with "remove subfleet ordnance" order.
The other magazine ships had no ammo, but my bombardment ships were in a subfleet with a few remaining missiles loaded as part of their template.
Instead of unloading the subfleets, the magazine filled it's magazines with a bunch of random alien missiles: 8 Breton AMMs (the ones from above), 1 Godinez AMM, and 32 Sonora ASMs - none of which are my own.
This happened on a 3-hour increment, and the DB is available on the last bug report I posted here but I can repost if necessary.

Thanks, added to existing report
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:38:50 AM by Bughunter »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2020, 09:35:19 AM »
Don't know if this is a bug or WAI - on Shipyards screen ,when scrapping a ship  , the drop down class box shows a list of all classes that have ever been designed in the game  , even obsolete designs that have no current vessels.
As the above happens when highlighting the Shipyard to which the scrapped ship belongs  - should the class drop down box only show class designs referencing that Shipyard only and not show classes for all other Shipyards.

DavidR
Shipyards can (and should) scrap any ship that will fit in them, not just their design class, but they should only list ships that are actually at that location.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2020, 10:40:27 AM »
Don't know if this is a bug or WAI - on Shipyards screen ,when scrapping a ship  , the drop down class box shows a list of all classes that have ever been designed in the game  , even obsolete designs that have no current vessels.
As the above happens when highlighting the Shipyard to which the scrapped ship belongs  - should the class drop down box only show class designs referencing that Shipyard only and not show classes for all other Shipyards.

DavidR
Shipyards can (and should) scrap any ship that will fit in them, not just their design class, but they should only list ships that are actually at that location.

Yes , so surely you should not get a list of classes to scrap that are from the start of the game and where there are no vessels in existence.

DavidR
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:57:22 AM by davidr »

Offline Second Foundationer

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2020, 02:45:36 PM »
The function number: 3255
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

progressing 1 day at a time

having the naval organisation window open while progressing seems to make the error appear so im assuming somethings wrong there

Conventional start
Real stars
decimal seperator is a period . 
campaign length is 105 years

edit: of course as soon as I post it after replicating it 3 times, i load it up and i cant replicate it. . .

Confirmed, it reproduced for me

To add to this, I think I found the issue:
Having "Naval Organisation"-window open, but no fleet selected (only possible right after launching the game) when a ship is built seems to cause this bug. No error when window is not open, and no error if some fleet is selected when ship is built.

Thanks, matches what I reproduced

Probably redundant, but to cover eventualities I cannot fully gauge:
I encountered that same error in 1.9.5 yesterday without seeing any obvious context at first, until I found this report. In my case, it happened not after launch, but after quite some time during which the same Naval Organization window had remained open and various fleets selected repeatedly. One increment/production cycle (?), anyway: shortly before the error, though, I had renamed a newly popped up civilian line, and that had presumably (?) the same effect of "no fleet selected".

Offline Second Foundationer

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2020, 03:35:38 PM »
And another one that may be redundant (with less certainty). Other reports with same error: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg131610#msg131610 and http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg131592#msg131592
1.9.5 conventional, real stars start going back to 1.9, no comma, no mods, db has always been strictly "look, don't touch", and that only when I encounter an error.
Function #1821: Attempted to divide by zero. as isolated one-off during ongoing planetary invasion of precursor outpost.

Assumed context (with below 100% memory certainty due to approaching sleep waves then): I had the Ground Forces window open while advancing time. In the increment that produced the error, one "Battalion" formation lost its last remaining element and was empty as a result. I deleted the empty formation before advancing time again. No subsequent errors, combat continues as before.

I have no immediately close database, only one from some time later. So, I don't know if it is of any use. I probably overwrote one manual backup by accident (And in order to try to SM reproduce I would have to interrupt a nice streak of buzzing around the universe ;D Said combat is still raging. And error-free as far as I can see.) But I hope the information helps in case you haven't already pinned it down.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2020, 11:25:50 PM »
I don't know if it is known or not but cloaking device's maximum tonnage is not being respected by the game. I made a cloaking device for 9kt ships but it seems there is no warning when I try to put it on 35kt ships.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2020, 12:09:19 AM »
You can't issue a move order toward a waypoint. You can only do that through a standing order.

Not a bug, see answer from SpikeTheHobbitMage
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:21:22 PM by Bughunter »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2020, 03:42:35 AM »
You can't issue a move order toward a waypoint. You can only do that through a standing order.
Check 'Waypoints' in the Movement Orders tab and they will be listed.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »
Version 1.9.5

Academy commandants positions that are in fact already occupied keeps being displayed even when the checkbox for "Available Only" have been checked.

Relevant default Info:

What you were doing at the time: Assigning Commanders to academies
The window affected: Commanders
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy. Always there even from the beginning. You just need an academy.
Is your decimal separator a comma? Yes (I think)

Likely irrelevant default Info:

The function number:     no error
Random or Real Stars: Real
Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 100 years, but saw it from the beginning

If your decimal separator is a comma then you need to change it, once you have then you can try to reproduce the bug and report it again, heres a guide on how: -SpaceMarine http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11139.0

Confirmed - Bughunter
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:15:26 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2020, 07:45:11 AM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The window affected: Class Design
What you were doing at the time: renaming ship class
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

Small issue I noticed: When you use a Select Name button in Class Design window and the click on Cancel, class is still renamed to different name than it had before. From what I tested it is changed to name of the class you previously renamed by Rename Class button.

How to reproduce: Create ship class and name it using Rename Class button (for example we name it Test Ship). Now select different class (do not change the name) and click Select Name button. Now click Cancel. When you do this class name is changed to Test Ship. IMHO if you select Cancel ship name should not be changed at all.

Already reported
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:03:38 AM by Bughunter »

Offline simast

• s
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2020, 11:19:08 AM »
Tiny issue - System View has "Delete System" button visible even when you have Spacemaster mode OFF.

---

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: System View
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign: ~70 years

Can confirm this, less of a bug and just oversight but will report it - SpaceMarine
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:26:46 PM by SpaceMarine »

Offline Vortex421

• V
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
Version 1.9.5

Academy commandants positions that are in fact already occupied keeps being displayed even when the checkbox for "Available Only" have been checked.

I can confirm this one, FYI.  My decimal separator is a period. 

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The window affected: Ground Forces - Award Medal
What you were doing at the time: awarding medals
Is your decimal separator a comma? no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

It seems I am unable to give medals to my ground forces commanders. I select a formation (Ground Forces window) and click on Formation Medal Button. Then I select Ground Formation Commander checkbox in Award Medal window. I select medal I want to award and click on Award button. I enter citation (does not matter no medal is awarded either way) and click OK. Officer in selected formation does not receive medal.

Hierarchy Medal button is working and medals are awarded. Not sure if relevant but medal that I want to award has no condition, so it can only be awarded manually.

~Nori - Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:25:33 AM by Nori »

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »
The window affected: Naval Organisation... fleet movement issue
What you were doing at the time: Trying to set new speed of a fleet.
Conventional or TN start: TN start (default game)
Is your decimal separator a comma? "."
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Happen all the time.
No mods!!

If I set the speed through the "Set Speed" button the speed of the fleet changes but it will not stick, the fleet will just continue in its max speed anyway.

I also tried to set the speed and then give the fleet a new order, but that also does not work.

Just read the thread to see if this was reported before I added my own report.

Noted same issue.

easy reproduction
- load the federated nations game that this version comes with as its default game
- open Naval Organisation, the cargo fleet has no current orders, lets give it one - move to location: mars.
- increment 5s.  Cargo fleet heads out at 1964km/s
- set speed, 200, fleet speed in the Naval organisation window updates to show 200km/s, tactical map still shows 1964km/s
- increment 5s.  Cargo fleet ignores the new speed of 200km/s, moves at 1964km/s as before.  Naval organisation again again says 1964km/s, tactical map still says 1964km/s.

report template questions answered in the offtopic:
Off-Topic: show

The function number: doesn't give one.
The complete error text: doesn't give one.
The window affected: Naval organisation/tactical map - game model
What you were doing at the time: trying to set a fleet speed
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no it is "."
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: any campaign

Not a bug, because of "use max speed"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:29:05 PM by Bughunter »

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
If I set the speed through the "Set Speed" button the speed of the fleet changes but it will not stick, the fleet will just continue in its max speed anyway.
Noted same issue.

You have to deselect "use max speed" in the orders window, otherwise the fleet automatically sets itself to max speed when its turn comes up.
You should post in the suggestions thread that the logical behavior would be to automatically deselect "use max speed" whenever the player manually assigns a speed.