Author Topic: 3.1 Bugs  (Read 14461 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »
Double click.  For some reason I don't think about the ADD button.  I'll try that the next time I need to move personel.  Knew I was overlooking something simple.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
Double click.  For some reason I don't think about the ADD button.  I'll try that the next time I need to move personel.  Knew I was overlooking something simple.

Thanks.

Yup, I have the same problem all the time.  ADD works, double-clicking doesn't.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Father Tim »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: 3.1 Bugs
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
This has been around almost since the beginning. Commanders and teams react the same way.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »
I haven't seen anyone else post this one.

Single race/single government.  Just started exploring other systems.  Civilian ships are not running transponders that I can tell.  I picketted a jump tender at a jumppoint.  "alien fleet" was detected nearby.  Next time hack the the jump tender has disapeared from it's task group, as well as the survey ship I had just attached to it.  Niether ship is in the ships table anymore.  Nor is there an event log posted to explain the missing ships.  This happened once before when I sent a frieghter to try to retrieve a civilian survey that was posting that I couldn't complete conditional orders.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
Steve -

Noticed these while fiddling with my campaign:

1.  On the Task Group screen, I noticed that there is now a nift "Add Colony" button on the bottom.  Very handy, but...while it worked fine the first time I used it, it didn't work at all the second time.  In fact, I pushed it four times and it didn't seem to do anything.  At that point I gave up, and it was only later that I figured out what it was actually doing.  When I saw that the default race had four colonies on a moon where they shouldn't have any, I realized that the "Add Colony" button creates a colony for the current default race, which is fine if the race selected on the Task Group screen is the same as the default race.  The button only seems to create a colony for the default race, regardless of which race is selected on the Task Group screen.  

2.  I have ended up with numerous class entries on the "Tactical Intelligence" screen, many of which don't contain any actual contacts.  This is mostly because of the type of campaign I'm playing, with everything concentrated in one system.  Before a recent battle, I tried to clean up the Tactical Intelligence window by getting rid of the classes that were empty and/or meaningless.  There is a "delete" button in the lower right hand corner, however, it doesn't seem to do anything.  

Kurt

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Steve -

Noticed these while fiddling with my campaign:

1.  On the Task Group screen, I noticed that there is now a nift "Add Colony" button on the bottom.  Very handy, but...while it worked fine the first time I used it, it didn't work at all the second time.  In fact, I pushed it four times and it didn't seem to do anything.  At that point I gave up, and it was only later that I figured out what it was actually doing.  When I saw that the default race had four colonies on a moon where they shouldn't have any, I realized that the "Add Colony" button creates a colony for the current default race, which is fine if the race selected on the Task Group screen is the same as the default race.  The button only seems to create a colony for the default race, regardless of which race is selected on the Task Group screen.  
Its actually worse than that. It sets up a colony with the right species but the wrong Empire :). Corrected for v3.2

2.  I have ended up with numerous class entries on the "Tactical Intelligence" screen, many of which don't contain any actual contacts.  This is mostly because of the type of campaign I'm playing, with everything concentrated in one system.  Before a recent battle, I tried to clean up the Tactical Intelligence window by getting rid of the classes that were empty and/or meaningless.  There is a "delete" button in the lower right hand corner, however, it doesn't seem to do anything.  
I forgot to put any code behind the button. Fixed for v3.2

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2008, 07:45:10 AM »

Single race/single government.  Just started exploring other systems.  Civilian ships are not running transponders that I can tell.  I picketted a jump tender at a jumppoint.  "alien fleet" was detected nearby.  Next time hack the the jump tender has disapeared from it's task group, as well as the survey ship I had just attached to it.  Niether ship is in the ships table anymore.  Nor is there an event log posted to explain the missing ships.  This happened once before when I sent a frieghter to try to retrieve a civilian survey that was posting that I couldn't complete conditional orders.
Just to clarify, you had a jump ship and a survey ship at a jump point. You got a contact report about an alien fleet but there were no other races in the game. The next time increment after the alien fleet contact, the two ships at the jump point vanished. Did their fleet vanish as well or were there other ships in the same fleet? Was the alien contact a civilian ship?

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"

Just to clarify, you had a jump ship and a survey ship at a jump point. You got a contact report about an alien fleet but there were no other races in the game. The next time increment after the alien fleet contact, the two ships at the jump point vanished. Did their fleet vanish as well or were there other ships in the same fleet? Was the alien contact a civilian ship?

Steve

Both ships were in the same task group and were the only ones in it.  Alien contact was indeed a civilian ship.  The task group remained with no ships.  When I openned the database the missing ships were no longer in the ships table nor appearently in the alien ships table.  This happened once before when sending a tanker to refuel a civilian geo-survey.  

Up to that point I had not renamed the race or classes in the contact screens.  Have no idea if it is really related, but i haven't had the issue repeat since I gave the "aliens" actual race and class names.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
Okay, I'm having a problem, and while it isn't game killing, it is very annoying.  

Ever since The Battle of the Moon, there has been an error popping up periodically that forces me to do a cntrl-alt-del to get out of Aurora.  The error is:

Error in ClearAllFC
Error 3021 was generated...
No current record

This appears to be related to ships being either refitted or repaired in shipyards as Aurora seems to hang while resolving shipyard actions.  At first I thought it was related to ships in the shipyard that had active fire control orders, but I cleared all of those and still got the error every once in a while.  There have been occasions where it has cleared itself with no action from me.  

Steve - if you have any idea what is causing this, I'd appreciate knowing so I can eliminate these errors.  At this point I'm considering going in and clearing all weapon assignments to fire controls, all point defense mode assignments, everything to do with fire controls.

Kurt

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Kurt, this is a long shot.  I've had similiar errors.  Most of them seem, for me, appear to be related to having an active fire order long after there are no more targets to assign.  I usually find at least 1 ship that never did get the ceasefire order.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Okay, I'm having a problem, and while it isn't game killing, it is very annoying.  

Ever since The Battle of the Moon, there has been an error popping up periodically that forces me to do a cntrl-alt-del to get out of Aurora.  The error is:

Error in ClearAllFC
Error 3021 was generated...
No current record

This appears to be related to ships being either refitted or repaired in shipyards as Aurora seems to hang while resolving shipyard actions.  At first I thought it was related to ships in the shipyard that had active fire control orders, but I cleared all of those and still got the error every once in a while.  There have been occasions where it has cleared itself with no action from me.  

Steve - if you have any idea what is causing this, I'd appreciate knowing so I can eliminate these errors.  At this point I'm considering going in and clearing all weapon assignments to fire controls, all point defense mode assignments, everything to do with fire controls.
This is caused by a code bug in the ClearAllFC code. This routine is called whenever a ship is repaired or refitted and is intended to ensure that all fire control, point defence, weapons, ECCM and missile assignments are cleared. There are 5 sections to the routine, each of which is similar to the code snippet below

Code: [Select]
sSQL = "select * from FireControlAssignment where ShipID = " & ActiveShipID
Set rsFC = dbStarfire.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenDynaset)

Do While rsFC.EOF = False
    rsFC.Delete
    rsFC.MoveNext
Loop

rsFC.Close

Unfortunately, due to a cut and paste error, the above snippet actually reads

Code: [Select]
sSQL = "select * from FireControlAssignment where ShipID = " & ActiveShipID
Set rsFC = dbStarfire.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenDynaset)

Do While rsFC.EOF = False
    rsFC.Delete
    rsFC.Delete
Loop

rsFC.Close
Which means if there is a FireControlAssignment entry for a refitted or repaired ship, it will go into an endless loop. It is fixed for v3.2 but the workaround for v3.1 is to remove any targeting for a ship before it is refitted or repaired so the loop will never start.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re:
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2008, 07:07:32 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
In F2 Shipyards tab, if you order the construction of a ship which has autonaming, the name does not advance until after the ship has been built.
Fixed for v3.2

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re:
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
The mouse-over text for 'Realistic Commander Promotions' on the Game Info screen claims that the SM can still promote & demote officers with realistic promotions turned on.  I can't find any way for the SM to actually do this (either in SM Mode or not), so either the text is a bug or the SM ability to promote & demote is bugged.

Which leads me to my lobbying/suggestion:  While I love the Realistic Promotions option, I tend to use it more as a "my staff handles the details" crutch than as a strict rule I must work within.  If the text is wrong (and the SpaceMaster is not supposed to be able to promote/demote officers), please return that ability to the SM.  Sometimes the almighty Author needs to reach into his universe and change a few things.
It was a bug and the SM ability to override Realistic Promotions is back in v3.2

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Civilian ships and Officer assignments
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
Steve, it looks like the civilian ships are showing up on the officer assignment list.  Is that intentional? I noticed when I was checking assignments and there were five extra colony ships out there (the civilian center appears to have built 5 of my current model).  
Fixed for v3.2. Officers will no longer be assigned to civilian ships

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re:
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:20 AM »
Damage Control Que does not appear to be working.  Had several ships with multiple damaged systems.  After assigning the first system for damage control to work on was repaired, the next in the que was not assigned to damage control to start working on.
Fixed for v3.2

Steve