Author Topic: 3.1 Bugs  (Read 14643 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not. Had some ruins that gave me 10cm Advanced Laser. I researched it, and the 12cm Adv showed up. And the 15cm after, and so on. Is that supposed to act that way or no?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »
I created a couple new ships. The intended fleets were not in-system, so the ships ended up in my reserves. However, I could use the Organization tab from the F12 screen to shift the ships to their fleets, even though they are out-system.

Maybe disallow that, or break the transferred ship out into a temp fleet and have it travel to the new fleet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Not sure if this is a bug or not. Had some ruins that gave me 10cm Advanced Laser. I researched it, and the 12cm Adv showed up. And the 15cm after, and so on. Is that supposed to act that way or no?

Yes, that is supposed to happen. The initial ruins discovery opens up the new tech line. After that you can research it normally.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008, 02:58:25 AM »
A few minor nit picking points, I find with my Aurora installation that:

1) I thought that a dark blue dot and circle in a system shown on the galactic map indicated a planet with a habitability index of 2 or less present in the system, but I have found at least two systems which have the blue dot and ring where the lowest habitability index is about 8.

It can show up differently for different species. Make sure you are checking in both places with the same species selected to view. It may also be that the habitable world is one of the other components of the star. Make sure you check all the tabs on the F9 view for multiple-star systems.

I checked all the components, nothing below a habitability index of about 8. Both races in the game are "terran normal", both liking the same planet types. In fact the first couple of these systems occurred when only one race was in the game, so there was not another race to check with.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »
As I was trying to squeeze a half-size laser into a small patrol boat, I was thrilled to learn that my skilled workers would do the work for free:

10cm C0.05 Infrared Laser

Damage Output 3     Rate of Fire: 300 seconds     Range Modifier: 1
Max Range 30,000 km     Laser Size: 2    Laser HTK: 0
Power Requirement: 3    Power Recharge per 5 Secs: 0.05
Cost: 0    Crew: 5
Materials Required: 0x Duranium  0x Boronide  0x Corundium

Development Cost for Project: 0RP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Father Tim »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2008, 07:27:39 AM »
Emplaced a colony on Mars pre-start. Built a pre-fab PDC on Earth, for transport to Mars. It got constructed. 59 parts.

Sent a cargo fleet to transport the parts. They carried 50/59. The 9 remaining disappeared from Earth (cannot issue a pickup order), and Mars has only 50. The fleet is empty cargo-wise.

This has also happened to me in-game. I built a small prefab PDC with 28 components, found only 25 delivered, none remain on Earth.

Regards
IanD

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Emplaced a colony on Mars pre-start. Built a pre-fab PDC on Earth, for transport to Mars. It got constructed. 59 parts.

Sent a cargo fleet to transport the parts. They carried 50/59. The 9 remaining disappeared from Earth (cannot issue a pickup order), and Mars has only 50. The fleet is empty cargo-wise.

This has also happened to me in-game. I built a small prefab PDC with 28 components, found only 25 delivered, none remain on Earth.

Regards

Had the same problem here.  Built 2 51-part prefab PDC's, transported them to the new world and only 100 parts showed up.  The other 2 dissappeared into thin air.  1 PDC did assemble out of the 100 parts though leaving an annoyinh 49 on the colony.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Cassaralla »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
Had the same problem here. Built 2 51-part prefab PDC's, transported them to the new world and only 100 parts showed up. The other 2 dissappeared into thin air. 1 PDC did assemble out of the 100 parts though leaving an annoyinh 49 on the colony.

I tried building fractional quantities of prefab PDC to make up for the missing parts , but no luck, would not accept the build order at either location.

Regards
IanD

Offline Cassaralla

(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 11:27:06 AM »
Another error with prefab PDCs, or at least i think it's an error.  The one I managed to get assembled cannot be renamed.  It shows up on my Task Force table as being present and I can transfer GUs in to it, but it doesn't appear on the F6 Ship List and I can't find a way of renaming it.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
Quote from: "Cassaralla"
Another error with prefab PDCs, or at least i think it's an error.  The one I managed to get assembled cannot be renamed.  It shows up on my Task Force table as being present and I can transfer GUs in to it, but it doesn't appear on the F6 Ship List and I can't find a way of renaming it.

I belive I can help with this, as I had the same problem.
Once a Prefabed PDC is assembled, it is placed in a Task Force of its own. Just transfere it to another one and it will show up.

This is all off the top of my head, which is known to sometimes play jokes on me, so it is possible I?m remembering something incorrectly.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Cassaralla

(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Quote from: "Cassaralla"

I belive I can help with this, as I had the same problem.
Once a Prefabed PDC is assembled, it is placed in a Task Force of its own. Just transfere it to another one and it will show up.

This is all off the top of my head, which is known to sometimes play jokes on me, so it is possible I?m remembering something incorrectly.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Thanks, that worked just as written . . . PDC renamed.

Offline Cassaralla

(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »
Further problems of the PDC kind.  I have amazing teleporting PDCs.  I created one from prefab on a colony world.  Changed it's Task group so I could rename it but forgot to change the task group's location to the correct planet.  One press of 5 Days and the PDC is back on my homewrold 4 jumps away taking with it the 5 infantry units I had stationed in it.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
I had a small survey ship destroyed when it surveyed a system with a NPC race. The warship that blew it away captured the life pod (which also held the commander of the survey ship).
After the rescue, the officer showed up in my officer pool again.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »
I seem to remember someone else having this same problem -

Aurora seems to think that there are PDC's present on a moon when there are not.  Ground fighting has taken place on one of the moons of Saturn in my campaign, a hard fought campaign involving approximately twelve ground units of various types between the two sides.  

First off, ground combat seems to be handled different in 3.1 from the last time I had a ground combat, and I like the change.  Having said that, once one side finished off the other's ground units, Aurora kind of stalled out.  During the last time advance with ground fighting Aurora merely noted that the losing side had lost its last ground unit.  I told the winning side's ground units to continue attacking and advanced the time five days again, and Aurora gave the following message in the Event screen:

"General Ground Attack on Titan.  No defending units are present.  However, one or more enemy PDC's are still in operation and may contain additional units."

This statement is completely false.  Neither side has built any PDC's on Titan, or even planned to build any.  I don't know if Aurora is somehow considering other PDC's in the same system or what.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
Yet another bug that could only be created by stupidity  :D )

At some point I noticed my mistake, as the DDE class screen was almost blank, with only engines installed.  I completed the design, with weapons, defenses, sensors, etc., and made sure that the completed ships of that class accurately reflected the correct design on the "Ship" screen.  

All was well and good until I tried to use that design in battle.  The "Battle Control" screen would not reflect the correct systems for that design no matter what I did.  I tried the following:

1.  I tried to force a refresh by going to the "Ship" screen and viewing each individual ship, no joy.  

2.  I then reviewed the design, discovered that it wasn't "locked" because there was an error (the crew space was too small), fixed that and locked it, then went to the Ship screen and reviewed all of the ships.  No joy.  

3.  I then used the Fast OOB creator to create entirely new ships using the newly fixed design.  No joy - the Battle Control screen still said that the new ships had no weapons, tracking systems, or sensors.

4.  I then copied the old design, used the Fast OOB to create new ships of the copied design.  No joy, the Battle Control screen still insisted that the new ships had no weapons or sensors or control systems.  

5.  Finally I created a new design from scratch, with all of the same systems as the old design, and Fast OOB'd new ships of the new design.  This worked.  

I have no idea what the Battle Control window is locked on to, as nothing I could find had the old faulty design on it.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »