Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 87588 times)

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2022, 08:24:34 AM »
Would be nice to see whether the hydrosphere is solid, liquid, or gas, on the Economics > Environment tab

Doesn't the Gas list append "(F)" to any gas that is currently frozen?
So if you see "Water Vapour (F)", the hydrosphere is solid.
If you don't see the (F), then the hydrosphere is a liquid/gas combination as expected.

Not always.  Check out Luna in a fresh game.  There's no Water Vapor, thus no (F).  But you can see "Ice Sheet" in the System View.

Edit: although, I do realize this is way less important than many of the other suggestions in the thread.  I just figured it would be an easy update.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 01:08:08 PM by Kyle »

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2022, 01:47:39 PM »
Research tab:

Option "Matching Scientists only" preselected

'Use Components' on the shipyard tab as well.

Or at the very least, had a persistent state when closing and reopening the window.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2022, 11:13:43 AM »
Could we get buttons to Clear All Targets Fleet and Clear All Targets All Ships?

The following users thanked this post: TheBawkHawk

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »
Probably already suggested but eh. Fortress Shipyards, shipyards that start with 2.5/5/10kt of slipsize and expand faster than regular military yards but can only build military "ships" with no/minimal engines.

The following users thanked this post: MarineAres

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2022, 11:24:46 AM »
Please add a Space Master option to spawn shipping lines both for player and NPR.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2022, 09:19:39 AM »
Quote from: paolot on Today at 12:53:51 AM

In the Naval Organization window, for the civilian sites/installations, is it possible to show the name of the body (comet, asteroid, etc.) where each one is?
    Now, to know this, you have to go to the System Generation and Display window and search for the object you need.
    If you need to move a fleet to a civilian location, these are some unnecessary mouse clicks, in my opinion.

You can see this information in the Economics window using he "System Body" checkbox at the bottom-left, perhaps this would be more helpful if not what you are asking.

Thank you, nuclearslurpee.
But I would like to have the information in the Naval Organization window too, to direct a fleet to the body of a civilian site without exiting this window.

Can you not just give an order to the fleet to go to that civilian site, just like going to any other colony?

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2022, 10:12:29 AM »
Can you not just give an order to the fleet to go to that civilian site, just like going to any other colony?

I would like to send a fleet to a comet, that I didn't see as a possible destination in the Movement Orders list (Naval Organization window).
So, through the System window, I found a commercial installation was built there.
But, in the Movement Orders list of bodies, the name of the comet is not written next the name of the commercial installation. If it were written, I could send the fleet directly there, without searching for it in the System (or Economics) window, and saving some mouse clicks.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2022, 10:16:07 AM »

I would like to send a fleet to a comet, that I didn't see as a possible destination in the Movement Orders list (Naval Organization window).
So, through the System window, I found a commercial installation was built there.
But, in the Movement Orders list of bodies, the name of the comet is not written next the name of the commercial installation. If it were written, I could send the fleet directly there, without searching for it in the System (or Economics) window, and saving some mouse clicks.

Ah, I see the issue now.
I agree, in cases like this it would be helpful if the body name is included.

As a workaround for now, you can manually rename your civilian colonies, and put the body name at the end. That way it will always be there in the Nav window.

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Would be nice to be able to right-click system bodies on the System Map and add a colony like we had in VB6.  I would use the feature to quickly find spots I need to add DSTS and create listening post colonies for them.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit, Destragon

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2022, 04:35:31 AM »
Once minerals are cleared on earth massive deindustrialization happens :o. Surely you can move over into other areas, but I find it hard to keep everyone employed on earth. So I was wondering if adding an additional step for mineral refinement could "solve" this problem (by generating jobs) as well as provide additional strategic elements:

Mineral Refinement!

ATM minerals have accessibility, which leads to them being mined slower than what a mine at max level could do. The mine essentially does two steps: carve the mineral out of the ore and extract the TN mineral from the ore. This way you get 5t of minerals out of 50t of ore if the accessibility is 0.1.

How about splitting this up: the mine just mines the ore. So you get 50t of ore @0.1 accessibility. You then have to move that ore to the new "Mineral Refinement Plant" which converts the 50t or ore to 5f of mineral. So once ore on Earth is depleted you can switch your economy from mine to Refinement Plant and let the people of Earth keep on working.

You surely wouldn't build refinement plants everywhere (very labor intensive!). So you have to ship the ore to the refinement places - which become weak spots in your empire that need protection. So new strategic elements would be introduced into the game. Find enemy refinement places and hit them hard - if you can... .

The following users thanked this post: Skip121

Offline Phopah

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2022, 07:39:38 AM »
It would be nice if this game ran natively in Linux.

Offline armandhammer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »
Maybe reduce the "eldar" pirate spawn rate? or logic of spawn?

I've murdered dozens of them but they keep coming into Sol and slowing my game down (because I have to hunt them down).  They come every 15-30 days - 4-5 ships that I slaughter and repeat. 

I guess they are trying to salvage their own wrecks. . .  Maybe make them not spawn in same location after they have been wiped several times?

They are not a threat at all just slowing me down :(

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2022, 02:53:39 PM »
Maybe reduce the "eldar" pirate spawn rate? or logic of spawn?

I've murdered dozens of them but they keep coming into Sol and slowing my game down (because I have to hunt them down).  They come every 15-30 days - 4-5 ships that I slaughter and repeat. 

I guess they are trying to salvage their own wrecks. . .  Maybe make them not spawn in same location after they have been wiped several times?

They are not a threat at all just slowing me down :(

The whole having to manually deal with even just one enemy ship repeatedly even though they aren't a threat anymore is a common problem in aurora as there are no ways for the player to set automated rules of engagement for their ships. Allowing the player the ability to set such rules of engagement where basic search & destroy/follow and attack commands don't have to be manually issued would seriously alleviate instances where 1 enemy ship that appears on the opposite side of your empire grinds your entire thought process to a halt. Even worse if you're dealing with multiple concurrent combats in different parts of your empire. I imagine this would take great effort though.

To go along with this, being able to temporarily suppress combat alerts from being generated from specific ships/fleets/colonies would also greatly reduce pain, rewarding you for actually having a robust defense network in the form of automation, allowing you to focus on the actually important tactical engagements.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2022, 07:36:09 PM »
Sure, but that would be a different game. Because then the point isn't ship-to-ship combat in an empire setting game but an empire management game with detailed but automated combat.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2022, 07:48:16 PM »
Sure, but that would be a different game. Because then the point isn't ship-to-ship combat in an empire setting game but an empire management game with detailed but automated combat.

I just wish the game scaled better, once I'm big enough I want to be able to actually focus on the big battles instead of that one pirate being chased in some forgotten corner, those little fights stop being interesting tactical challenges after a while.