Author Topic: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 66629 times)

Online Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
Re: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: November 02, 2023, 02:01:07 PM »
Could also just have the munition destruction protocol not completely succeed because its thousands of years old (or however long I dont remember the lore), hence you get some missiles but not the whole intact stockpile.

Yeah that's what I meant, a plausible/realistic justification to obtain some of the stockpile. However Steve said the stock should vanquish, but I remember I was getting it intact without the possibility to use it, so maybe a bug?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #496 on: November 03, 2023, 10:33:11 AM »
Any chance for a similar event notification when a wreck disappears but not due to player salvage efforts? This would have been useful for me a couple times when a, hmm, certain NPR kept stealing wrecks out from me, with a notification I could have sent a ship to intercept their salvager(s).

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2023, 11:07:56 AM »
Any chance for a similar event notification when a wreck disappears but not due to player salvage efforts? This would have been useful for me a couple times when a, hmm, certain NPR kept stealing wrecks out from me, with a notification I could have sent a ship to intercept their salvager(s).

Added.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, serger, nuclearslurpee

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2023, 02:01:21 PM »
Noticing you've got a display error with the wreck detection, unless the original ships classes were named "Wreck of" initially.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #499 on: November 03, 2023, 06:26:11 PM »
Noticing you've got a display error with the wreck detection, unless the original ships classes were named "Wreck of" initially.

Yes, well spotted.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #500 on: November 03, 2023, 09:13:05 PM »
A very exciting bunch of things.

In the missile discourse, it seems like a number of mechanics were added that make large ASMs better...

But only a little that makes the 1 MSP sandblaster attack worse. Losing agility means they will have less accuracy. It seems like that's all. Anything I'm missing?

(Though the fact that you're less likely to be using 1 MSP AMMs that can double as 1 MSP ASMs, while not directly nerfing 1 MSP ASMs as such, may count for a lot.)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2023, 11:41:08 PM »
After the major disappointment of Distant Worlds 2, and my lack of interest in whatever is new in GC4, I'm looking again to Aurora! I know it must have been asked numerous time before, but what could be the time frame for the release of 2.2? Spring? Later? I see the last post (from Steve) on 2.1 is 15 months ago.

Offline Life_b

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2023, 05:20:41 AM »
Regarding the ship class templates, can we have them so we can export and import them?
It will be helpful when starting a new game on a new version, and also sharing on the forum.

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2023, 10:32:28 AM »
Regarding the ship class templates, can we have them so we can export and import them?
It will be helpful when starting a new game on a new version, and also sharing on the forum.

You might find this post from Steve relevant: https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13098.msg166015#msg166015

Online Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #504 on: November 07, 2023, 03:08:38 AM »
Release when?

From Steve on the discord -

"The next update will be a while. I've been ill recently so unable to do much programming (getting better now). In two weeks I start a three week motorhome trip, then back for a month, then another three week motorhome trip, then back for a month and then a third three-week motorhome trip, which takes me to  mid-September. Planning a fourth three week motorhome trip for around mid-October.

I can play a little while I am away, although I tend to be busy, but any serious programming and bug-fixing only tends to happen while I am at home.

TL:DR - probably months before next release."

Just to follow up on this, I got back to the island in May 20th and I leave tomorrow for another 23 day trip. We've also just had the two-week TT festival. Needless to say, I didn't get much done on Aurora. I am back on July 9th for seven weeks, before another trip in late August. With that in mind, the earliest likely release is October/November - although we may schedule another trip around then.

Hello Steve, I'll take the responsibility for asking and be the annoying guy  ::) Are you gonna release Aurora within the end of the month? Can't wait to start a new campaign  :P

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #505 on: November 07, 2023, 09:02:15 AM »
I'll share your burden and take half of your annoyance factor then, as I have the same question  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, Cobaia

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #506 on: November 07, 2023, 10:58:02 AM »
 --- I'll further partake and assume a third of the responsibility as I too have the same desire.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, vorpal+5, Cobaia

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #507 on: November 07, 2023, 12:29:43 PM »
I'll do what I always do and advise everyone to just start a campaign whenever they feel like it, since the 2.2 update will not have an expiration date when it does come, you can always keep playing a 2.1 game if you enjoy it, so why deny yourselves fun in the meantime?  ;D

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #508 on: November 07, 2023, 01:26:56 PM »
I'll do what I always do and advise everyone to just start a campaign whenever they feel like it, since the 2.2 update will not have an expiration date when it does come, you can always keep playing a 2.1 game if you enjoy it, so why deny yourselves fun in the meantime?  ;D

Strong agree. While I've been on here checking for the fabled 2.2 to drop just about every day for the last year, I started a new 2.1 game about 6 weeks ago, and it's the most fun playthrough I've had so far  ;D

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #509 on: November 07, 2023, 01:28:08 PM »

The QOL for ground forces is what's stopping me.