Author Topic: 3.2 Bugs  (Read 20847 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 3.2 Bugs
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Under the missile design screen the box for em sensors does not seem to be tied to anything.  I do not get any sensor value, no matter what size sensor, or the base tech.  I even did it with the em sensors maxed out and a 20msp sensor and the value was still 0.
There is a bug on the missile design window. Its not picking up the value from the MSP box for EM so it's multiplying the EM strength by zero :(

Fixed for v3.3

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »
I have removed the distinction between build race and owning race for sensor detection in v3.3. It was just causing too many problems with too little gain in gameplay

Steve

Offline dammrebel

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »
Ok not sure if this is a bug since ive read through here and didn't see anyone else mention it.

What happens is that after I create a game and exit and come back later I am able to open the events window (it shows up on my windows task bar) but it is minimized and I am unable to unminimize it and view it. That sort of makes the game unplayable if I can't see what events are going on :)

Any thoughts, fixes, suggestions?

Jeff

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »
This happens sometimes to me too, if I have the "Recall Window Position" checked in the game setup screen (the one, where you select the game you want to load). Once unchecked (and saved) the problem goes away (for me at last)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline dammrebel

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
This happens sometimes to me too, if I have the "Recall Window Position" checked in the game setup screen (the one, where you select the game you want to load). Once unchecked (and saved) the problem goes away (for me at last)

Problem solved, thanks again Hawkeye.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2008, 02:08:06 PM »
Mystery Fuel Production..

I have turned off my fuel refineries (clicked the stop production for my only planet), but every turn there is more fuel available...

Curious as to the source, and if it is consuming minerals...

Also just a bump on the difference between actual number of officers generated and the stated rate (on the teams screen, the number is 5/training facility, actual is more like 10/facility).

Randy

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »
Created a PDC. Wanted to increase the armor level from 1. Raised it to 5. Locked the design, and the armor value dropped to 1. Stayed at 1 when unlocked.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
I had a civilian fleet start to colonize a completely unsuitable (colonization cost n/a) archaelogical colony.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »
Just thought someone might want to know - there is a bug in 3.1, which is the version I'm using for the 6 Powers Campaign, that prevents targeting populations.  It is noted somewhere in the 3.1 Bug forum.  At the time it was brought to Steve's attention, he was unable to recreate it, probably meaning that he had fixed it without remembering it or in the course of fixing/changing something else.  

At any rate, at the time this came up I had already started my campaign, and I didn't want to quit, so I figured that if targeting populations came up I would be able to fudge it, or something.  Well, it  came up recently, and I realized I had no way to "fudge it", at least not realistically.  I was left with the realization that I could either 1) ask Steve if he could fix it, 2) avoid targeting populations for the remainder of the campaign, 3) discontinue the campaign, or 4) transfer the campaign to 3.2.  Numbers 2 and 4 were unrealistic at best, and 3 was something I really, really didn't want to do.  So I went to Steve.  After some back and forth, and a few suggestions from Steve intended to help diagnose what was going on, I discovered what was going on.  It isn't fixed, but now when one of my ships or PDC's targets a population I can crack the database and correct the critical entry and Aurora will work as it is supposed to.  Yea!!!

Thanks to Steve the Six Powers Campaign will continue!  Oh, and Steve, I'm sorry to say that you are directly responsible for the death of 13.2 million citizens of...oops, I won't be able to reveal that until I post the next installment.   :twisted:

Kurt

Offline Cassaralla

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
Quote from: "Randy"
Mystery Fuel Production..

I have turned off my fuel refineries (clicked the stop production for my only planet), but every turn there is more fuel available...

Curious as to the source, and if it is consuming minerals...

Also just a bump on the difference between actual number of officers generated and the stated rate (on the teams screen, the number is 5/training facility, actual is more like 10/facility).

Randy

Do you still have pre Newtonian Factories?  They produce some fuel.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
Quote from: "Cassaralla"
Do you still have pre Newtonian Factories? They produce some fuel.

Nope, converted them all to other things...

Only Pre-TN left is a bunch of PDC (Missile bases).

And due to the armor problem with PDC, its kinda tempting to nuke em all...

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
Error in cboShipyardUpgrade_Click
Error 6--Overflow

+ or - this r a messagge.
Where ive found it?

Ive 5 shipyard on Earth..and ALL done..
Ive found an RUINS on Pluto,and time pass,my archeo and cybernetics found a single Shipyard on Pluto..
WHEN am click directly up shipyard line this error come EVER..

In another Game when this BUG come,log me EVER and EVER..without possibility to click ok.Bug come and game stopp immediately..runtime

SO..in 2 different GAMES come "same" bug but in one i can click OK and go on (Error 6) and in another this bug stopp game entirely.
Srry my english guys.

Good work STEVE..AH! one thing: ONLY if am click up the "extra-earth" shipyard,this bug come..NEVER when am click on earth shipyard.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
I tried scrapping a pre-TN missile base by clicking on "destroy ship" because I was hoping to recoup some material.  Now there's a wreck on planet.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
I tried scrapping a pre-TN missile base by clicking on "destroy ship" because I was hoping to recoup some material.  Now there's a wreck on planet.

There is a shipyard function for scrapping ships.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
Steve -

I've encountered this bug several times in 3.1, and I don't remember hearing about it before so it probably hasn't been fixed in 3.2.  This problem is in the survey orders, specifically the "Survey Next Five system bodies".  This bug seems to come up only when there is a planet more than 10 billion kilometers from its primary.  I'll get the survey message that a planetary survey group has no more valid survey locations, and when I check the system I'll notice that there is a planet that hasn't been surveyed yet, or its moons.  When I check, sure enough the planet has a distant orbit more than 10 billion km's out, so that is why it wasn't seen by Aurora as a valid survey location.  No problem if it is within reasonable travel distance I manually assign the planet as a travel destination for the survey ship and leave the ships orders (Survey next five system bodies) as is, so that when the ship arrives it will begin surveying the planet and its moons.  I've noticed more than once that this does not work.  When the ship arrives I get the notification that there are no acceptable survey locations within 10 billion km's, even though there is a planet and 10 moons within less than one million km's of the ship.  If I change the orders to "survey nearest body" then the ship will survey the planet and its moons, albiet slowly.  

I haven't noticed if this bug comes up every time this situation is encountered, or only occasionally, as it isn't very common.  I will pay attention from now on.  

Kurt