Author Topic: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS  (Read 12250 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 06:31:32 AM »
Steve.
A little request,this time (ONLY this time :mrgreen: )

Can u..change font dimension for Solar System's name,more BIG,when the Colony reach 1 billions colonist? r little cool for show a strategical colony..

(Traveller capability 1Billion (Caps solar system Name))

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
Could you possibly put in a command for the reasearch que.  It would generate an interupt when it is the next tech to be reasearched.  I would often like to reasearch a given tech, and then design a system to be reasearched imediately.  Instead I usually start another tech to fill out a five day cycle and then design the tech.

Brian

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »
Steve, could you change the message that is given when a xeno team is done surveying the ruins.  Currently the wording is the same as when the ruins are all used up by the engineers.  Something like "Your xenology team has completed its survey and reasearch on the ruins and they are now ready for reclemation by engineer units."

Thanks
Brian

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »
I'm still playing 4.26 but I'm sure this is still an issue.  And I think a prior message asked for the way it currently works.

When a geosurvey team believes it can no longer find more minerals on a planet, we get a message to that effect.  However, it's now easy to miss the one-time message.  It used to repeat itself on every 5-day increment.  I don't want a return to that, instead it would be nice if it was noted somewhere on the planet that the planet had been completely re-surveyed by a team.  Whether it's done on the mineral window or the general info window for the planet doesn't really matter.

It's very easy to forget which planets have already been resurveyed by a geo team.  And since we only get one message, if we miss or forget we can put a team down expecting miracles and months later realize the planet was probably resurveyed already.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
I'm still playing 4.26 but I'm sure this is still an issue.  And I think a prior message asked for the way it currently works.

When a geosurvey team believes it can no longer find more minerals on a planet, we get a message to that effect.  However, it's now easy to miss the one-time message.  It used to repeat itself on every 5-day increment.  I don't want a return to that, instead it would be nice if it was noted somewhere on the planet that the planet had been completely re-surveyed by a team.  Whether it's done on the mineral window or the general info window for the planet doesn't really matter.

It's very easy to forget which planets have already been resurveyed by a geo team.  And since we only get one message, if we miss or forget we can put a team down expecting miracles and months later realize the planet was probably resurveyed already.
In the latest version it is already done.  At the bottom of the colony summary tab (F2 Pop & Production screen) There is a line that says Geological Survey and if it is completed.  There is still a message every time that the survey is done on the events screen, but that is a fairly small matter.

brian

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »

Totally Agree.
there need some of infos on planetary windows or something.

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"

In the latest version it is already done.  At the bottom of the colony summary tab (F2 Pop & Production screen) There is a line that says Geological Survey and if it is completed.  There is still a message every time that the survey is done on the events screen, but that is a fairly small matter.

brian

With v4.61 it shows this for habitable planets, but not for my automated mining colonies.

Stephen

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »
Quote from: "Shinanygnz"

brian

With v4.61 it shows this for habitable planets, but not for my automated mining colonies.

Stephen

My recollection is that geosurvey teams don't work for asteroids and possibly moons (too small) - only for planets.  Would that explain what you're seeing?  In other words, do you (or anyone else) have an automated mining colony on a planet for which the information doesn't show?

John

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"

My recollection is that geosurvey teams don't work for asteroids and possibly moons (too small) - only for planets.  Would that explain what you're seeing?  In other words, do you (or anyone else) have an automated mining colony on a planet for which the information doesn't show?

John

I Have a mining colony on Mercury, which has geo'd out, and nothing in the system window (but it is for all the inhabited planets)
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "Shinanygnz"

Stephen

John

Nope.  I see it for Earth and the other habitable planets.  I have quite a few non-habitable planet and moon colonies (Luna, Venus, Titan, Proxima Centauri A-I, for example) and my uber-team has been discovering away, finding lots of stuff on them until I get the "no more" message, then off they pop to another one.  But there is no mention of which ones have been surveyed in the F2 view.  Haven't tried any asteroids.
Just been checking and all the ones I've had the team check out are "Terrestrial" bodies (some are N/A on colony cost), so may be that's what they can survey.
I'm sure Steve will enlighten us when he re-appears.
Stephen

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 10:26:40 AM »
Steve.
Fighter's assignment and officers selections.

Am think there r some of thing to make better and easyli management.

When ive 190 fighters and 100 of them r unassigned,am check Ensign and flag unassigned,and select "Fighter op.." skills..am show MORE THAN 100 ensign without assignemnt!!

Are an set up more fast and easy to ASSIGN 100 "good fighter" officer and 100 Fighter free?
in ONE click?
ty

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Are an set up more fast and easy to ASSIGN 100 "good fighter" officer and 100 Fighter free?
in ONE click?
ty

I generally use the 'Auto Assign' button to initially get officers in roughlythe right commands, then turn the feature off and clean up by hand the ones I want in different assignments.

Note:  I don't use Tour Lengths & Automated Assignments while playing, just to aid initial setups when I have a lot of officers to assign.

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
Ive been click "AUTO-Assign" but..100+ fighters r without commanders.
AND in my Ensign pool ive more than 200 Ensign "Fighter Skillled" enough for drive every single fighters.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 08:27:21 PM »
Steve,

how difficult would it be to offer contracts to the civilian shipping compaines to move stuff between colonies?

for example, I need to get some Automated mines from earth to mercury, but my own freight capacity is busy flooding infrastructure on 2 new colonies out of the sol system at them moment, it would be nice if I could offer a contract to say move 50 Auto mines from Earth to Mercury, and be charged for it.

Don;t know if that would be an easy change or not, but it would be oh so useful :!:

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »
Could you possibly put in a command for the reasearch que.  It would generate an interupt when it is the next tech to be reasearched.  I would often like to reasearch a given tech, and then design a system to be reasearched imediately.  Instead I usually start another tech to fill out a five day cycle and then design the tech.
Not quite sure what you mean here. If research is started on an item from the queue then the Research Complete event for the previous research project will generate an interrupt.

Steve