Author Topic: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS  (Read 12348 times)

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
Re: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »
Having now had an empire running for 24-1/2 years, the Task Group dropdown is getting quite crowded.  How about an option to filter the list by task force?  E.g. I allocate all my colony and cargo TGs to the Logistics Command TF, so I only see them in the dropdown of TGs if I have the "Show All" or "Show Logistics Command" option selected.
Alternatively, have a Military and a Support checkbox on a TG and I can see either or both as a filter?

Stephen

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
Actually taking the next step from one of my previous requests, and adding in Stephens last post,what about a thrd level of Heirachy, ie Fleet, then Task Force, then Task Group, and being able to issue orders to task forces, as well as task groups?

that way later in the game, when you have task groups coming out your ears, you can send a whole TF somewhere, rather than wading through an entire 100+ task groups?

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2009, 02:29:24 PM »
would it be posible to turn on/off which messages stop the auto turn function. would be nice to not have miscelanious messages stop the autoturn.
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 01:08:50 AM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
The ability to repair fighters that return with battle damage.  Carriers should be able to perform component repairs from maintenance stores.  
Any ship in a hanger that is attempting damage control will now uses the maintenance supplies of the mothership if it doesn't have enough of its own supplies (as of v4.76). I could also set up ships landing in a hanger to automatically begin damage control using the same priorities as NPR ships.

Steve

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »
I noticed a bit of an exploit in Training:

If you set the Speed of a TG to some small value (eg 10) and put it into Training Mode then you still gain TF Training points at the same rate but don't use up fuel.

Suggestion: When the training code sets a new destination, have it set some random speed, possibly on a bell curve, eg ((3d6+2)*0.05*Max Fleet Speed )so that extremly fast and extremely slow speeds are less likely (as is the case in RealLife (tm) ), and speeds would range from 15% to 100% of max, with 60% being most common.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 08:18:22 AM »
Is it possible to have a new order for ships that are equipped with a missile launcher and have Buoys in their magazines:

Select a WayPoint in the locations list and then have the order 'Deploy Buoy' with a picklist of Buoys on the ship.

That way you can setup a mine field pattern on the system map using waypoints and then queue up the orders for your mine layer. The trick would be in ensuring that the ship receiving the order has a Buoy/Mine and that it also has a launcher capable of launching it.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"
I noticed a bit of an exploit in Training:

If you set the Speed of a TG to some small value (eg 10) and put it into Training Mode then you still gain TF Training points at the same rate but don't use up fuel.

Suggestion: When the training code sets a new destination, have it set some random speed, possibly on a bell curve, eg ((3d6+2)*0.05*Max Fleet Speed )so that extremly fast and extremely slow speeds are less likely (as is the case in RealLife (tm) ), and speeds would range from 15% to 100% of max, with 60% being most common.
Yes, I noticed that too but I was hoping no one else had :). Good suggestion with regard to setting the speed. I've added that to v4.76

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Is it possible to have a new order for ships that are equipped with a missile launcher and have Buoys in their magazines:

Select a WayPoint in the locations list and then have the order 'Deploy Buoy' with a picklist of Buoys on the ship.

That way you can setup a mine field pattern on the system map using waypoints and then queue up the orders for your mine layer. The trick would be in ensuring that the ship receiving the order has a Buoy/Mine and that it also has a launcher capable of launching it.
You can do something similar to this already. Once you set up the waypoints, you can use the "Launch Missiles At" order for each waypoint. As it arrives at each waypoint, a ship will fire any missile launchers that have missiles assigned but are not linked to a fire control system. If the ship arrives before the launcher(s) is reloaded, it will hold position until it can fire. This is how I created the minefield in the previous campaign.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"

You can do something similar to this already. Once you set up the waypoints, you can use the "Launch Missiles At" order for each waypoint. As it arrives at each waypoint, a ship will fire any missile launchers that have missiles assigned but are not linked to a fire control system. If the ship arrives before the launcher(s) is reloaded, it will hold position until it can fire. This is how I created the minefield in the previous campaign.

Steve

I thought something like that after I posted, but then I realized that you can not restrict it to dropping just the one Buoy if you have multiple launchers unless you set just the one launcher as loaded.

I guess there isn't much of a full proof way to implementing it in any regard!

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"

Steve

I thought something like that after I posted, but then I realized that you can not restrict it to dropping just the one Buoy if you have multiple launchers unless you set just the one launcher as loaded.

I guess there isn't much of a full proof way to implementing it in any regard!

I did this a few times and run in only one problem. I had a missile cruiser with 10 launchers, but wanted to launch only 5 mines per waypoint. When I accidentaly loaded mines into all launchers (I was _so_ used to "assign all") I had to fly back to base, unload some mines, load regular missiles, load those into 5 of the launchers, then unload the missiles again, load mines again and fly to where I wanted the minefield deployed.

Long story short, I couldn´t find a way to _unlaod_ a missile launcher, once it is loaded, neither in the "individual unit" screen, nor in the "battle control" screen. So, might I suggest the addition of just such a button?
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Long story short, I couldn´t find a way to _unload_ a missile launcher, once it is loaded, neither in the "individual unit" screen, nor in the "battle control" screen. So, might I suggest the addition of just such a button?
I have added a Clear All button to the Ship window for v4.76

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »
latest "button clear"..great idea:)

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »
Here is a request from the old Starfire guy. How about a mobile shipyard for building pdc's owp's, and for forward ship repair.

Maybe a smaller shipyard, like the small jump gate builder
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
Is it possible to 'persist' planetary contacts on the system map? i.e. if I detect a precursor listening post then have it marked against that system body - maybe give it a date that it was last updated by sensors?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2009, 04:38:44 PM »
Is it possible to provide feedback about ongoing xenologist activities? In the same way we get updates on a diplomatic teams progress on initiating contact?

I have had a team on Mars that has an SM added Damaged Installation for 3 years and 7 months but haven't had a peep from them - kind of makes me worried they are not actually doing anything/bugged. My engineering regiments are getting a bit restless!