Author Topic: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS  (Read 12346 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 4.7 (latest) SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"
Steve,

how difficult would it be to offer contracts to the civilian shipping compaines to move stuff between colonies?

for example, I need to get some Automated mines from earth to mercury, but my own freight capacity is busy flooding infrastructure on 2 new colonies out of the sol system at them moment, it would be nice if I could offer a contract to say move 50 Auto mines from Earth to Mercury, and be charged for it.

Don;t know if that would be an easy change or not, but it would be oh so useful :). It isn't going to be in v4.7 but it is high on my to do list.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2009, 02:59:31 PM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Steve.
A little request,this time (ONLY this time :mrgreen: )

Can u..change font dimension for Solar System's name,more BIG,when the Colony reach 1 billions colonist? r little cool for show a strategical colony..

(Traveller capability 1Billion (Caps solar system Name))
I assume you mean on the Galactic Map? Sounds like a good idea so I have increased font size for any system with a population greater than 1 billion.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Steve, could you change the message that is given when a xeno team is done surveying the ruins.  Currently the wording is the same as when the ruins are all used up by the engineers.  Something like "Your xenology team has completed its survey and reasearch on the ruins and they are now ready for reclemation by engineer units."
The message currently reads: "Ruins on Planet X have been fully explored. 100 abandoned installations were found which may be recovered by an engineer regiment". If that isn't what you are seeing then I must have updated it since I put out the last version

If I have updated it further to read:

Ruins on <Planet Name> have been fully surveyed by the <Xeno Team Name>. The alien race which inhabited the planet as been identified as the <Alien Race Name> and their language and symbology have been translated. # abandoned installations were found which may be recovered by an engineer regiment

Steve

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Steve, could you change the message that is given when a xeno team is done surveying the ruins.  Currently the wording is the same as when the ruins are all used up by the engineers.  Something like "Your xenology team has completed its survey and reasearch on the ruins and they are now ready for reclemation by engineer units."
The message currently reads: "Ruins on Planet X have been fully explored. 100 abandoned installations were found which may be recovered by an engineer regiment". If that isn't what you are seeing then I must have updated it since I put out the last version

If I have updated it further to read:

Ruins on <Planet Name> have been fully surveyed by the <Xeno Team Name>. The alien race which inhabited the planet as been identified as the <Alien Race Name> and their language and symbology have been translated. # abandoned installations were found which may be recovered by an engineer regiment

Steve
Thanks, I like the new wording better.  It helps to know what is involved without going to the F2 screen for that colony.  

Brian

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
In the ground units screen, would it be possible to hide units.  Specifically to do a tree setup where you could show only the details that you want.  For example I have 4 full divisions of troops on my homeworld.  It would be nice if I could click on the division hq and have it hide all of the brigade hq's and battalions under it.  That way more info is displayed on the first screen where players are less likely to miss them.

Brian

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
In the ground units screen, would it be possible to hide units.  Specifically to do a tree setup where you could show only the details that you want.  For example I have 4 full divisions of troops on my homeworld.  It would be nice if I could click on the division hq and have it hide all of the brigade hq's and battalions under it.  That way more info is displayed on the first screen where players are less likely to miss them.

Brian
Hand raise up.
Same as order of battle display.
very helpfull.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
I have changed the grid so if you double-click on an HQ, it will hide all the sub-units and show a + sign next to the HQ name to signify hidden units. Double-click again and the units reappear. This will work for both brigade and divisional HQs.

Steve

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »
I have a couple of suggestions for 4.7 or later versions...
The first would be in the Task Group Orders for sending vessels to a specific
Point or survey point...  (i.e.  ##GeoSurvey Fleet move to point 30.)    I've have
survey fleets say they can't complete orders because there are no unsurveyed bodies
near by...  excedera excedera...
      The second would be an option to go to and activate a different database...
I have saved a database into a different folder and then had a problem...   I tried to
over write the orginal database and I thought it worked but, it didn't work for some
reason...

Thanks
William

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2009, 02:20:57 PM »
Quote from: "WHCnelson"
I have a couple of suggestions for 4.7 or later versions...
The first would be in the Task Group Orders for sending vessels to a specific
Point or survey point...  (i.e.  ##GeoSurvey Fleet move to point 30.)    I've have
survey fleets say they can't complete orders because there are no unsurveyed bodies
near by...  excedera excedera...
You can already do this. On the Task Groups window, click the Survey Locations checkbox in the System Location Display Options section and you will get a list of all survey locations. You can then order a fleet to a specific location.

The second would be an option to go to and activate a different database...
I have saved a database into a different folder and then had a problem...   I tried to
over write the orginal database and I thought it worked but, it didn't work for some
reason...
This is something I used to have in Starfire Assistant so it would be possible for Aurora. I'll look at it for the next version. In the meantime, if you are having problems overwriting the database in the installation directory, just delete it and then copy the other DB into the installation directory. Make sure the program isn't running when you try to overwrite or delete it.

Steve

Offline ussdefiant

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
Hey, Steve, a couple of niggling concerns when it comes to the new officer system:

1)Is it possible to get the display of the % of the skill in question back for candidates for creating teams? I'd prefer to know just how much of a hit in quality i'd be taking to put a Captain in instead of the Admiral without having to look them up in the commander screen.

2) Given that ground force commanders do not seem to have access to Xenology bonuses, how are the Engineers supposed to succefully scavenge something that the eggheads notice? Maybe have the local Xenology team/governor provide a bonus of some kind to salvage attempts?

Edit: Also, when Scientists graduate, they don't show their specialty to go with whatever research bonus they have.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 02:17:57 AM »
Can we have the 'Rank' of Scientists and Administrators be equal to their Administration level please?  Even if the ranks end up being "Administration Level 1", "Administration Level 2", "Administration Level 3", "Administration Level 4", "Administration Level 5", "Administration Level 6", and "Administration Level 7"

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 10:39:31 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Steve.
A little request,this time (ONLY this time :mrgreen: )

Can u..change font dimension for Solar System's name,more BIG,when the Colony reach 1 billions colonist? r little cool for show a strategical colony..

(Traveller capability 1Billion (Caps solar system Name))
I assume you mean on the Galactic Map? Sounds like a good idea so I have increased font size for any system with a population greater than 1 billion.

Steve
GREAT.
Useful and i like that.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Can we have the 'Rank' of Scientists and Administrators be equal to their Administration level please?  Even if the ranks end up being "Administration Level 1", "Administration Level 2", "Administration Level 3", "Administration Level 4", "Administration Level 5", "Administration Level 6", and "Administration Level 7"
That's not as easy as it sounds :)

There is still only on rank structure for commanders but different rank names are displayed for different commander types and navy/army use different promotion criteria. That was a lot easier than trying to add several separate rank structures. With higher admin levels, the above could exceed the number of ranks for a race which would cause a lot of problems.

However, I can see that having to click on every commander to check admin rating is a pain and having to search by admin rating every time you check adminstrators or scientists could get tedious fast. Therefore instead of listing administrators and scientists in order of seniority (which has no meaning in their case), they are now listed in descending order of admin rating. The seniority column that reads 1,2,3,4,5, etc for naval/army officers now contains the admin rating for administrators and scientists

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
Hey, Steve, a couple of niggling concerns when it comes to the new officer system:

1)Is it possible to get the display of the % of the skill in question back for candidates for creating teams? I'd prefer to know just how much of a hit in quality i'd be taking to put a Captain in instead of the Admiral without having to look them up in the commander screen.
Bonus shown again. No idea why I took that out

2) Given that ground force commanders do not seem to have access to Xenology bonuses, how are the Engineers supposed to succefully scavenge something that the eggheads notice? Maybe have the local Xenology team/governor provide a bonus of some kind to salvage attempts?
I've changed Xenology Bonuses back to a general skill so that army officers can use it for engineer units and all officers can form Xenology teams. Scientists will be more likely to have the bonus than other types though.

When Scientists graduate, they don't show their specialty to go with whatever research bonus they have.
Added for v4.71

Steve

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 02:23:08 PM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"
Steve,

how difficult would it be to offer contracts to the civilian shipping compaines to move stuff between colonies?

for example, I need to get some Automated mines from earth to mercury, but my own freight capacity is busy flooding infrastructure on 2 new colonies out of the sol system at them moment, it would be nice if I could offer a contract to say move 50 Auto mines from Earth to Mercury, and be charged for it.

Don;t know if that would be an easy change or not, but it would be oh so useful :). It isn't going to be in v4.7 but it is high on my to do list.

Steve

Slightly akin to this, can you add the ability to give or sell old government civilian ships to the shipping lines please?  A physical subsidy to go with the wealth subsidy option.

Stephen