Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17674 times)

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "boggo2300"
I have just seen something similar in a DB someone sent me. A cargo fleet with cycle orders somehow had 22,000 orders in its list, which was causing CalculateTotalMoveTime to throw an overflow error. As yet I have no idea how that many orders got into the list. v4.9 already fixes the symptom as it handles more problems with load/unload orders but I still need to find the cause of the huge number of orders
Steve,  I've had this occur a few times and fixed it myself by deleting the excess orders, every time it's occured for me, has been after a program crash, when I've had to kill Aurora.exe after setting up a looping fleet order.
Is there any pattern to the problem, such as always freighters for example, or does it happen to different types of ships?

Steve
Ive had it happen for Freighters and Colony ransports, and only those two types, however, those are the two types that i usually use repeated orders for so I can't guarantee that it's only those 2 types

on what may be a related issue, I occasionally get the orders out of sync with the actual location of the ship, ie moving clonists from earth to mars, at some point when its following the repeat orders,the tg gets to mars, but is attempting to load colonists on Earth.  I just kill the order stream, and start it from where I am and it carries on as normal from there.

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Edit: LOL, beaten by Steve again  :shock:

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Qloos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Q
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
Get an error when I try to open my "System Information" (F9) window.

Quote from: Error in LaunchSystemWindow
Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.  MSSTDFMT.DLL.
Please report to viewforum.php?f11

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »
v4.90 is out!

still:
error 6 in moveMissiles : overflow. x8

I havent fired any. not received any either. next increment nothing happens
there are no errors reported in eventlog.
images of planets etc

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2010, 02:16:57 AM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
Yeah that is usually so, my people have a high gravity tolerance though (ideal 1G, dev 1G).
They are the Rockrat Molepeople. :)

-Arnoud

I suspect the lower gravity limit of 0 G is causing the 'divide by zero' error.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2010, 03:18:04 AM »
v4.82
error 11
negativepopulationgrowth ...forgot the exact method name
devided by zero

Probably due to me trying to establish a populated outpost on an asteroid and them dying immediately.
Guess that N/A for asteroids in system generation really means "No Go" even if the conditions are relatively fine and should result in a pretty low colonyfactor.
These rocks are indicated in the galactic map at the central darkblue dot (possible suitables?), 367 for Sol for example.
N/A means Not Applicable. The conditions won't be fine due to the low gravity of the asteroid. If you are not sure on the text of an error message, switch on Show Errors in the Event window and it will include any error messages.

Steve
Yeah that is usually so, my people have a high gravity tolerance though (ideal 1G, dev 1G).
They are the Rockrat Molepeople. :)
I don't mind that, the high number of suitables in the galactic map are misleading though.

ah I see. report errors only works in SMmode.
It was a populationGrowth error11: devision by zero.
Setting the gravity tolerance to 100% is what is causing the problem. Set it to 90% instead and the problem should go away. I have added a check to v4.91 to prevent this being higher than 80% in future (and the same for oxygen atm).

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »
Quote from: "Qloos"
Get an error when I try to open my "System Information" (F9) window.

Quote from: Error in LaunchSystemWindow
Error 713 was generated by Aurora
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.  MSSTDFMT.DLL.
Please report to viewforum.php?f11
This is system-related rather than Aurora-related. Do a forum search for MSSTDFMT.DLL and you should find plenty of threads about this subject.

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
Setting the gravity tolerance to 100% is what is causing the problem. Set it to 90% instead and the problem should go away. I have added a check to v4.91 to prevent this being higher than 80% in future (and the same for oxygen atm).

Please change the gravity limit to 85% or 90% - I like to be able to colonize Luna.

Thanks,
John

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"

Please change the gravity limit to 85% or 90% - I like to be able to colonize Luna.
Changed to 90%

Steve

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
An entire fleet of 22000ton jump scouts (3 of them to be exact) vanished when transiting a jump node. They were still on the taskforce list but they werent on any map, werent able to be given orders and everytime i clicked them in the taskforce manager i got the response "the currently selected fleet does not exist" in the end i tried to make that literal in order to start over by pressing Delete TG. Then it deleted my taskforce of freighters presumeably as it couldnt delete a nonexistent taskforce even if said taskforce existed in the taskforce manager. As i doubt this game accomodates 'the great big red jumpspace monster that eats ships' i'm reporting this here.

Also i get error 3021 generated by dao.field no current record whenever opening up taskforce manager since this issue occured. this happens 3+ times before the task force manager opens.

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2010, 02:57:51 AM »
Error 94 generated in getcommandername.
Invalid use of null.

Occurs sometimes when time is moved forwards.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2010, 04:32:59 AM »
Quote from: "darkevilme"
Invalid use of null.

Do you have any commanders or ranks with blank names?

Steve

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2010, 04:49:15 AM »
Invalid use of null.

Steve
Nope. I did check that suspecting it was such a thing (as if it was i could just rename whatever wasnt named and thereby get rid of the error popup) and i doublechecked now but all my people have names.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2010, 05:13:06 AM »
Invalid use of null.

Steve
Nope. I did check that suspecting it was such a thing (as if it was i could just rename whatever wasnt named and thereby get rid of the error popup) and i doublechecked now but all my people have names.
Have you recently renamed any ranks, or created/deleted/re-ordered any ranks. There were some bugs in v4.8 around this area.

Steve

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2010, 05:33:29 AM »
An entire fleet of 22000ton jump scouts (3 of them to be exact) vanished when transiting a jump node. They were still on the taskforce list but they werent on any map, werent able to be given orders and everytime i clicked them in the taskforce manager i got the response "the currently selected fleet does not exist" in the end i tried to make that literal in order to start over by pressing Delete TG. Then it deleted my taskforce of freighters presumeably as it couldnt delete a nonexistent taskforce even if said taskforce existed in the taskforce manager. As i doubt this game accomodates 'the great big red jumpspace monster that eats ships' i'm reporting this here.

Also i get error 3021 generated by dao.field no current record whenever opening up taskforce manager since this issue occured. this happens 3+ times before the task force manager opens.

Hm, this happens to me only, when I use the "Assemble" order for survey groups. The ships are, well, assembled in the "mother-taskforce" but the original taskforces are still listed in the taskforce manager, even if they are no longer realy there. Closing and reopening the TF-manager clears this (refresh all on the F2 could also work, never tried it)

Have you looked for the ships on the individual ships screen (F6)?
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

The following users thanked this post: Kulik