Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17673 times)

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2010, 09:07:31 AM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
Quote from: "darkevilme"
An entire fleet of 22000ton jump scouts (3 of them to be exact) vanished when transiting a jump node. They were still on the taskforce list but they werent on any map, werent able to be given orders and everytime i clicked them in the taskforce manager i got the response "the currently selected fleet does not exist" in the end i tried to make that literal in order to start over by pressing Delete TG. Then it deleted my taskforce of freighters presumeably as it couldnt delete a nonexistent taskforce even if said taskforce existed in the taskforce manager. As i doubt this game accomodates 'the great big red jumpspace monster that eats ships' i'm reporting this here.

Also i get error 3021 generated by dao.field no current record whenever opening up taskforce manager since this issue occured. this happens 3+ times before the task force manager opens.

Hm, this happens to me only, when I use the "Assemble" order for survey groups. The ships are, well, assembled in the "mother-taskforce" but the original taskforces are still listed in the taskforce manager, even if they are no longer realy there. Closing and reopening the TF-manager clears this (refresh all on the F2 could also work, never tried it)

Have you looked for the ships on the individual ships screen (F6)?
Yep they actually do exist on the individual ships screen now that i've checked. But that's about it, they're trapped in the belly of the jumpspace monster and no longer part of any fleet.

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Nope. I did check that suspecting it was such a thing (as if it was i could just rename whatever wasnt named and thereby get rid of the error popup) and i doublechecked now but all my people have names.
Have you recently renamed any ranks, or created/deleted/re-ordered any ranks. There were some bugs in v4.8 around this area.

Steve

No this occured a short time after i started the game. I'd renamed absolutely nothing.

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
Had a game grind to a halt due to unresolved combats today. Two NPR ships got to fighting, pummeling eachother with meson cannons and stuff...then they stopped fighting... and just sat in range of eachother, forcing the computer to keep the game at one minute intervals indefinitely. In SM mode there was no combat reports of them blasting eachother at all. Number of gamestopping bugs encountered is now at 2.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2010, 10:28:59 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Units which belong to a HQ unit (e.g. my 1st Armored battalion, which is part of my 1st Brigade (Armored)) are still showing up twice in the Population+PDCs view of the Ground Units tab of the F2 screen when they and the parent are in a PDC - once as part of the parent unit (in the PDC), and once at the "top level".
Fixed for v4.9

Steve

Better for v4.9, but not quite fixed.  Now units only show up once, but if I minimize a brigade or division which is inside a PDC, then its subordinate formations show up as if they were unattached to the parent HQ.  So if I've got an armored brigade at the top of the screen, which has four child armored battalions and all of them are inside a PDC, then minimizing the armored brigade causes it to contract with a +, and all four armored battalions show up below an empty line, without being indented - these four are the bug.

John

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"
An entire fleet of 22000ton jump scouts (3 of them to be exact) vanished when transiting a jump node. They were still on the taskforce list but they werent on any map, werent able to be given orders and everytime i clicked them in the taskforce manager i got the response "the currently selected fleet does not exist" in the end i tried to make that literal in order to start over by pressing Delete TG. Then it deleted my taskforce of freighters presumeably as it couldnt delete a nonexistent taskforce even if said taskforce existed in the taskforce manager. As i doubt this game accomodates 'the great big red jumpspace monster that eats ships' i'm reporting this here.

Also i get error 3021 generated by dao.field no current record whenever opening up taskforce manager since this issue occured. this happens 3+ times before the task force manager opens.

Hm, this happens to me only, when I use the "Assemble" order for survey groups. The ships are, well, assembled in the "mother-taskforce" but the original taskforces are still listed in the taskforce manager, even if they are no longer realy there. Closing and reopening the TF-manager clears this (refresh all on the F2 could also work, never tried it)

Have you looked for the ships on the individual ships screen (F6)?
Yep they actually do exist on the individual ships screen now that i've checked. But that's about it, they're trapped in the belly of the jumpspace monster and no longer part of any fleet.

Ok, only tip I can provide is a work-around. In the F6 window, delete the 3 ships, then use the fast OOB (in SM-mode, I belive) to recreate them in a taskforce of your choosin. Maybe this will work.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2010, 03:59:50 PM »

Update on situation:
Populatesystembodylist and populate adjacenet systems produce the dao.field no current record error 3021 whenever i open the taskforce manager or select another task force. deleting the disassociated ships does not delete the broken fleet which causes this issue worst luck. In other news this gamebreaking bug has occured a second time in another game this time with a jumpgate construction ship i was using. Same issue, same symptoms. The ship jumps through to another system then 'vanishes' into error hell taking me with it.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2010, 06:55:42 PM »
Populatesystembodylist and populate adjacenet systems produce the dao.field no current record error 3021 whenever i open the taskforce manager or select another task force. deleting the disassociated ships does not delete the broken fleet which causes this issue worst luck. In other news this gamebreaking bug has occured a second time in another game this time with a jumpgate construction ship i was using. Same issue, same symptoms. The ship jumps through to another system then 'vanishes' into error hell taking me with it.
The fact this bug has appeared twice in two games for you but has not been reported by anyone else suggests there is something odd going on with your particular installation. Just to get the obvious questions out of the way first: In your country, do you use the comma or the period as the decimal separator? What is the version number in the About window (under Help on the main menu bar)?

Steve

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:58 AM »
The fact this bug has appeared twice in two games for you but has not been reported by anyone else suggests there is something odd going on with your particular installation. Just to get the obvious questions out of the way first: In your country, do you use the comma or the period as the decimal separator? What is the version number in the About window (under Help on the main menu bar)?

Steve
Version is 4.7.8 regional settings are UK and the period is in use. The only thing i think i'm doing that's particularly different is i set max systems to 100.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2010, 05:36:44 AM »

Steve
Version is 4.7.8 regional settings are UK and the period is in use. The only thing i think i'm doing that's particularly different is i set max systems to 100.
You are several versions out of date. The current version is v4.91 so I would reccomend you upgrade. Unfortunately you will lose your existing game but I have no way to test problems in old versions.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
v4.82 - I am having too much fun on this game and don't want to loose the time spent on setup and playing just yet. You may have already sorted this for v4.9, in fact, I had thought this was 'fixed' way back in v3.

I just entered a system that has 2 components, component B has a 0 colony cost planet but is 94 billion KM away. Out of curiosity I cheated and checked if an NPR had spawned. It did. I have a funny feeling they are not going to be able to expand since they are so far from the survey points and there are no LGs.

Offline WCG

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • W
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
Quote from: "Commodore_Areyar"
The wellknown flexgrid error (#30009 i believe) that was fixed for science and officers also occurs when the num ber of entries in the events screen is changed.

Maybe this really has already been fixed, but I get this error whenever I click on a certain naval officer.

It says:

Error in Grd_Sorted_SelChange
Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value

All I did was sort naval officers by Fleet Movement Initiative Rating. I get the error whenever I click on the Rear Admiral in the list, but not when I click on any other officer. (If it matters, this is my only Rear Admiral and my highest ranking officer.)

Note that I haven't messed with creating new ranks or anything like that. I tried to do a search here to see if this error was already known, but I couldn't tell. I couldn't find anything exactly like this. From other postings, it appears that this error is well-known, but maybe not in this exact circumstance? And if it's supposed to be fixed,... well, I figured I'd better say something.

It's not causing any problems, as far as I can tell.

Bill

EDIT: FYI, I'm playing version 4.91, so I guess I posted this in the wrong thread (I did a search for this error number and mistakenly assumed that 4.8 was the most recent version). I'll try to copy this to the correct thread.

Offline Sorby

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
*Sigh*

Got a new problem for you, and didn't see my exact problem from my searches. In short:
Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database
Too few parameters. Expected 2.
Please report to viewforum.php?f=11

Fun facts:
-I used this download link.
-I use Windows 7
-I followed the installation instructions to the letter.

Now, for screen shots of what my computer says when I try and run Aurora (For some reason, it's in reverse order): [Link]

End result: The "Error 3061" pop-up reappears after clicking both, "Ok," and the exit button. It does this for seemingly an unlimited number of pop-ups, limiting my choices to bringing up task manager and shutting down Aurora in its entirety (It registers as the whole program running).

EDIT: Not entirely sure of what version I downloaded, but I believe it was v4.8

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
That database error is usually when the database file is a different version from the executable. Did you go through any of the upgrades? You can also check the version of the executable from the game selection screen.

I'm on Win7 with admin rights and I get a UAC prompt also. I click yes and ignore it. I've also installed outside the program files directory, which makes updates a bit easier.

Offline Sorby

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
That database error is usually when the database file is a different version from the executable. Did you go through any of the upgrades? You can also check the version of the executable from the game selection screen.

I'm on Win7 with admin rights and I get a UAC prompt also. I click yes and ignore it. I've also installed outside the program files directory, which makes updates a bit easier.
Err... Quick question: When you run Setup.exe, is it supposed to bring up Install Wizard?

And I re-installed it, this time under the Downloads directory, making sure to follow the instructions, and installed v5.10, then v5.14, to get it updated. This time, I get a single 3265, and the game selection screen loads.

Now, whether I click "Select," or the exit button, the game is brought up, but with the same problem I had in the past: There's no interface.

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
That is the main menu bar, that is all there is to it.  Go to empires -> system maps.  You can open all the windows you need to be able to play from there.