Author Topic: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread  (Read 17200 times)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v4.8 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
I'm not getting any completion dates for proposed builds in my SY.  I think I've seen this before for the first build of a class (or maybe first build of a SY), but it seems to have gotten worse.  It's a naval SY, was the only one, and first tooled class (a geo-survey).

Also, in 4.77, the completion date displayed doesn't take into account stockpiled components.  I assume the same is still true....

John

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
Units which belong to a HQ unit (e.g. my 1st Armored battalion, which is part of my 1st Brigade (Armored)) are still showing up twice in the Population+PDCs view of the Ground Units tab of the F2 screen when they and the parent are in a PDC - once as part of the parent unit (in the PDC), and once at the "top level".

John

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
Quote from: "Future"
Hi im new to the forum and im loving the game btw but i get this really anoying bug that wont go away "Error in GetPromotionScore, Error 6 was generated by aurora, overflow".
Found and fixed for v4.82

Steve

Offline Future

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
You are a legend, thanks steve  :D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
Quote from: "metalax"
On a new game after a 5 day jump, starting wealth is appearing on the expenditure side of the wealth tab, making it appear like I'm running a massive deficit.

On the leaders tab, using the up/down arrows(particularly up) to change the seniority of officers within a rank, throws up the error;

error in ChangeCmdrSeniority
error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value
Found and fixed for v4.82

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »
I hadn't anticipated some of the problems that would occur in terms of changing rank priorities or deleting ranks now that all four leader types share ranks. Therefore I am going to remove the option of deleting the first four ranks and the option of changing rank priorities. You will still be able to rename ranks and increase or decrease the total number of ranks. This will avoid a lot of trouble and the only real user impact is that you may have to rename the existing ranks if you want to add lower ranks than currently exist.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »
Quote from: "boggo2300"
When you add a new commander rank (I tend to add Lieutenants for my fighter pilots) it creates a new rank for ground, ivilian and scientists as well, and gives error 381 was generated by Aurora, Invalid property array index   and the administrators and scientists become invisible on the commanders screen (I assume because its showing the new rank 1 (0) and not the normal rank. Deleting the new navy rank fixes this
Fixed for v4.82, or rather modified the code to add new ranks at the top rather than the bottom.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Raising shields in combat with 5 sec increments. Event log shows shields raising by .2/.25, but the total is always zero. Even after approx. 10 minutes of combat. Not that I really need the shields in this case (fecking meson armed GB).
Fixed for v4.82.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
Quote from: "Greiger"
I think I may have a new one for ya here.  A search brings up a similar error message but for a different area it seems.

It's been happening every 5 days of game time.
"Error in CheckPromotions"
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null.

It comes up with the box twice whenever I do an increment 5 days or higher and also happens when 5 days passes using smaller increments.  30 days causes the error to only come up twice (same as 5 day increment) instead of 12 times.  I copied the mdb file and can send it if it would help matters.

I searched and didn't find that error message under CheckPromotions  But my search fu is weak, and I'm not familiar with this forum's search system. (I'm another one of those crazy Bay 12ers :D)  Sorry if I missed it while looking.  This is a pretty cool game.  Finally a 4x with crazy amounts of detail.  Good work!

EDIT: I have an update  I found 2 blank ranks in my Ground forces commander screen.  Though I had added 2 ranks to the Naval commanders I hadn't even touched ground units ranks (I don't even know how to use Ground Units yet). I think it may have automatically added them when I added my naval ranks, but it neglected to assign names to the ranks, causing the errorspam.
That sounds like a good guess. I recently changed the commanders code and didn't set it up correctly to handle new ranks (as four leader types share ranks). That is fixed for v4.82. In the meantime, if you rename the blank army ranks that might fix the problem.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
v4.82 patch is up

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1949

Steve

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
Minor text bug:
Colonel x has developed a severe medical problem and was forced to retire, assignment prior to retirement C.O. 131st engineering REGIMENT

They have been changed to Brigades in 4.8, no real game effect just the event update text

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »
I've noticed this behavior in earlier versions too.

If I zoom in the system map to a great degree (i.e. to watch a battle), when I increment time, the map centers on the sun of the system. I've unchecked "center on selection" in display in hopes that it would alter this behavior. No dice.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
On the leaders tab, using the up/down arrows to change the seniority of officers within a rank, will regularly fail to move them in the list. In particular the ground forces officers don't seem to want to be reordered at all. Sometimes selecting a naval officer clicking down/up, selecting for a second time and clicking down/up will cause them to be moved, other time they will not. No errors being thrown up now when doing this with 7.82, just doesn't seem to be working.

The tooltip for allocated research labs on the research tab looks to be incorrect as it currently reads 'How many of the item selected on the left will be produced' should probably read something like 'How many research labs will be assigned to the project selected'.

The 'Geological Team Survey' line still doesn't seem to be showing up in the summaries tab for unpopulated colonies.

Offline Rathos

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »
Well, just a month into my new game and I'm getting

Code: [Select]
Error in NPRPopPlanning

Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set.
Please report to http://aurora.penatch.org/viewforum.php?f=11

The game continues but it does it every increment.

Edit: This is with v4.82

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 01:07:06 AM »
Note: I found the source of the commander replacement bug

Text bug: Starting Generated Engineer Brigades are still named #th engineer regiment, newly created ones are named properly

another bug: Engineer brigades attach to brigade hqs not divison hqs, and they attach like battalions 4 at a time