Author Topic: v4.9 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 27551 times)

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
Re: Official v4.9 Bugs Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2010, 03:56:28 AM »
Currently i can zoom in a maximum of 1906 km's  in Sol system, and 1609 in the Alpha Centauri system with no issue. Im only 3 days into playing your game here, so surely I am entirely missing an option or selection process to allow me to zoom in further...

Offline alanwebber

• a
« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2010, 04:09:45 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Vanigo"
I just got my second game where civilian ships refuse to use jump gates. I know this is fixed in 5.0, but is there any sort of fix or workaround for this?
If you have any civilian contracts, try cancelling them. This problem is fixed for v5.0 but in v4.91 the civilian contracts sometimes stop the civs doing anything else

Steve

Steve

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. What I've found is that civilians will ignore any colony set up before the jump gate network connects them. This is both for population and contract movement. I've tried deleting all orders and sending new colonists / infrastructure via my freighters. If you set up a new colony within the JGN, the civilians will move things as normal. it may be that your solution to the other problem will solve this one (or maybe not).

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2010, 04:37:58 AM »
Quote from: "Journier"
Currently i can zoom in a maximum of 1906 km's  in Sol system, and 1609 in the Alpha Centauri system with no issue. Im only 3 days into playing your game here, so surely I am entirely missing an option or selection process to allow me to zoom in further...
There was already a block on zooming in too far but it appeared that for certain systems, that block wasn't set early enough. I have decreased the amount you can zoom in for v5.0. If you aren't having any more problems then forget about it and enjoy the game :)

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2010, 04:41:46 AM »
Quote from: "alanwebber"
Quote from: "Vanigo"
I just got my second game where civilian ships refuse to use jump gates. I know this is fixed in 5.0, but is there any sort of fix or workaround for this?
If you have any civilian contracts, try cancelling them. This problem is fixed for v5.0 but in v4.91 the civilian contracts sometimes stop the civs doing anything else
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. What I've found is that civilians will ignore any colony set up before the jump gate network connects them. This is both for population and contract movement. I've tried deleting all orders and sending new colonists / infrastructure via my freighters. If you set up a new colony within the JGN, the civilians will move things as normal. it may be that your solution to the other problem will solve this one (or maybe not)
Interesting. I don't know why that is happening as the civilians, like the NPRs, create a new "state of the galaxy" every time they try to work out a route. I did find I was having problems in my own game related to contracts interfering with normal civilian operations and that deleting the contracts fixed that problem. I then figured out why the contracts were interfering and fixed that too. It sounds like I accidently fixed something else too :). In my current game, the civs are handling a mixture of trade goods and contracts quite happily so I think everything is fine for v5.0

Steve

Offline Journier

• J
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »
hi steve, i return with more.

I just had my first battle with the precursers in Alpha Centauri and after i killed their first ship i started getting a spam of error 6 overflow and error 11 division by zero every time i tried to go forward in time at all. These errors occur without the system screen open though, happen on any screen.

now this time i actually noticed the box name ^_^ and have it here, it constantly spams with in the system screen.

Error in GetShipPowerPercentage
Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

they both began occuring after i killed a single precurser ship attacking my fleet. they occur in the order of 2 Error 11's , 1 Error 6, then 2 Error 11's again, during a 5 second turn.

any thoughts on this one? And this isnt related to my last error 6 i had overflow atliest im pretty sure :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »

I just had my first battle with the precursers in Alpha Centauri and after i killed their first ship i started getting a spam of error 6 overflow and error 11 division by zero every time i tried to go forward in time at all. These errors occur without the system screen open though, happen on any screen.

now this time i actually noticed the box name ^_^ and have it here, it constantly spams with in the system screen.

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

they both began occuring after i killed a single precurser ship attacking my fleet. they occur in the order of 2 Error 11's , 1 Error 6, then 2 Error 11's again, during a 5 second turn.

any thoughts on this one? And this isnt related to my last error 6 i had overflow atliest im pretty sure :)
Looking at the code, it looks like a problem where a ship has no beam weapons as they have been destroyed but it does have weapon recharge records. However that shouldn't happen because those recharge records should be deleted when the weapon they apply to is destroyed. If you have Access on your PC, I can explain how to remove the records causing the problem. Although there is a slight possibility they may go away by itself after a minute or two of game time.

EDIT: I have added some extra checks to v5.0 so that even if this does somehow happen again, the program should be able to handle it.

Steve

Nabobalis

« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
Sometimes when I run a 30 day time increment and its finished. The screen will just be the background colour. Zooming or scrolling won't be able to find the planets or anything in the system. But then I run it for another amount of time and it comes back.

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #307 on: February 17, 2010, 05:26:35 AM »
Hi Steve,

A similar bug to the one where match speed lets ships without engines move above 1km/s:

I have a geosurvey ship moving in a nebula, its engine gave out, but it is still moving at 500mk/s.
It is operating under the special orders for surveyships.

Maybe your fix for the first mentioned bug already fixes this one as well, at any rate a check of all max speed checks seems in order.
(maybe the check for maxspeed in nebula overrides the max speed for engines.)
It is not a refresh issue; the speed is still 500 after several time increments.

---
related to above:
Current speed is not reduced to Max speed if engine is lost due to lack of maintenance.
This does work when a ship loses speed due to battle damage, so this is not related to nebulas at all.

---
Another cosmetic bug:
When you order a ship to transit a JP:unex, further orders are impossible.
Not so for the Transit&devide and combat transit orders. Orders can still be given after adding the T&D or CT order, but from the explored location which also seems a bug.
(unless these commands are blocked for unex systems, in which case they should not be selectable I think.)

regards,
Arnoud
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:53:13 PM by Commodore_Areyar »
images of planets etc

Offline Journier

• J
« Reply #308 on: February 17, 2010, 05:49:04 AM »

If you have Access on your PC, I can explain how to remove the records causing the problem. Although there is a slight possibility they may go away by itself after a minute or two of game time.

Steve

yes I have access, and i have tried to play my empire out for quite a few turn pushes/ a few days and still nothing.

Help = appreciated unless 5.0 is coming out soon then screw it heh.

Nabobalis

« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
When you start with designs all ready done for you, it seems the missile designs are blank?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Quote from: "Nabobalis"
When you start with designs all ready done for you, it seems the missile designs are blank?

This is correct.

Nabobalis

« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"

This is correct.

Oh ok, any reason why?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

This is correct.

Oh ok, any reason why?

There is a post on this subject earlier in the thread and Steve's reply. If I recall, he said the missiles are not generated the same way in the routines for the pre-game designs.

Nabobalis

« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »

There is a post on this subject earlier in the thread and Steve's reply. If I recall, he said the missiles are not generated the same way in the routines for the pre-game designs.

Ah ok, thanks. I'll see if I can find it.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
Just got an error immediately after posting a civilian contract:

Error in SelectInstallationRun
Error 3167 was generated by DAO.Field
Record is deleted.

The contract seems to be working anyway, though.

Edit: By immediately, I mean as soon as I ran the next turn, not when I put the supply and demand in.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:32:20 PM by Vanigo »