Author Topic: v4.9 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 27763 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v4.9 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »
Quote from: "mavikfelna"
The problem there is that you deleted the SM race, which probably killed several important pointers in the system database. I don't know if Steve has anything in-place to handle that sort of situation currently.

--Mav

It's the same procedure I've followed for the previous 37 versions of Aurora, ever since Steve introduced the 'SM race'  - and a slight variation on what I did before that.  I didn't have this problem with any of a hundred previous game setups.  The only things that have changed are upgrading from 4.77 (to 4.8, 4.82, 4.9, 4.91) and switching from WinXP to Wine on Ubuntu.  Of the two, I suspect Wine is the problem, and I'm hoping it's simply a matter of explicit vs implicit definitions or some assumed default behaviour that wine doesn't replicate just yet..

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »
I just had some Life pods displaying a negative time remaining before their life support ran out. There was a TF with orders to resuce them and as soon as I changed those orders the life support duration expired, I think they where going to hang around forever when they new rescue was on the way

Offline MoonDragon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "MoonDragon"
Error in ShowFleetList

Error 35602 was generated by Nodes
Key is not unique in collection
This might not be civilian-related. Do you have two ships or two fleets with the same name?

Steve

Naturally, you were correct. I built a defense platform. Had it sitting in its own TG. Then I attached a tractor beam to it from my tug boat. The platform now joined tug's TG, but its own TG remained, empty. Then, when the tug got into place, I detached the platform from the tug's TG. Thereby creating a new TG, with the same name as the original platform's TG. All is well now. Thanks for tolerating ignorance. :)
(@)

Offline sluissa

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Do you still have a task force commander as the training is based on his skills? Check the Ctrl-F4 Task Force window.

Steve

That was the problem. Sorry to bother you.

Offline a1s

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:22 PM »
Not a bug as such, but...

In my latest game I was recently engaged in combat, in which (due to not having sensors worth a darn) I adopted the Zapp Brannigan strategy of waiting until my enemy runs out of ammo. Well they did, I still can't see them, they can't actually do anything to me (anymore that is), but time pulses remain at 5 seconds. my game is pretty much going real time! quitting and restarting doesn't help.
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Supporter of the forum in 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Supporter of the forum for 2024
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter :
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter :
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »
The "SM Add" button on the industry tab of the F2 screen seems to be disabled, even when F2 is opened with SM mode on.

The reason I need this is that I just did a milk run of 4 round trips from Earth to Mars with a collier fleet to transfer some missiles.  Unfortunately, the only missile transfer command I have is "load ordnance" which (IIRC) exchanges missiles with the colony so that the fleet has its default load.  I don't have an "unload ordnance" command available, so I couldn't do a repeated order.

Not wanting to babysit the fleet, I decided just to have it run back and forth empty, then when it was done I'd transfer the missiles between stockpiles by hand.  Everything was going great, right up I tried to access the "SM Add" button.

I think I've figured out a workaround for this case - I'll use the "Ammo Management" window, and transfer between PDC on Earth and Mars.

John

Offline mrwigggles

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2010, 01:20:17 AM »
N/M I was doing it wrong.

Offline Another

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:02 AM »
There is still a minor bug in civilians transferring terraforming installations by contracts.

How to reproduce:
1) Get a civilian shipping line with at least one of your standard issue 5-cargohold freighter.
2) Construct 5 terraforming installations on Earth.
3) Create a civilian supply contract on Earth for 1 terraforming installation.
4) Establish a colony anywhere (e.g. Mars) and create a demand contract for 1 terraforming installation.
5) Wait until an error pops about civilians not being able to load their ship.
6) Check that all 5 of terraforming installations have been successfully transfered to Mars (by 0.2 at a time) but both supply and demand contracts haven't changed at all. You can manually cancel the supply contract at this point, then wait for all freighters in progress to finish unloading their share of the contract and manually cancel the demand contract for all things to return to normal.

I guess that some rounding down (to zero) is occuring with terraforming installations when a contract is accepted and it is determined by how much supply and demand numbers should go down. A single cargohold freighter should transfer even smaller amount - 0.04 of a terraforming installation.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2010, 05:10:42 AM »
Quote from: "sluissa"
Do you still have a task force commander as the training is based on his skills? Check the Ctrl-F4 Task Force window.
That was the problem. Sorry to bother you.
No problem. Always better to check in case it is a bug.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:38 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
The "SM Add" button on the industry tab of the F2 screen seems to be disabled, even when F2 is opened with SM mode on.

The reason I need this is that I just did a milk run of 4 round trips from Earth to Mars with a collier fleet to transfer some missiles.  Unfortunately, the only missile transfer command I have is "load ordnance" which (IIRC) exchanges missiles with the colony so that the fleet has its default load.  I don't have an "unload ordnance" command available, so I couldn't do a repeated order.

Not wanting to babysit the fleet, I decided just to have it run back and forth empty, then when it was done I'd transfer the missiles between stockpiles by hand.  Everything was going great, right up I tried to access the "SM Add" button
I just tried this and it seems to be working. It should only enable when you click on the actual item type you need to add, I assume a missile in this case, as not everything on the Industry tab can be added with this button.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2010, 05:15:58 AM »
Quote from: "a1s"

In my latest game I was recently engaged in combat, in which (due to not having sensors worth a darn) I adopted the Zapp Brannigan strategy of waiting until my enemy runs out of ammo. Well they did, I still can't see them, they can't actually do anything to me (anymore that is), but time pulses remain at 5 seconds. my game is pretty much going real time! quitting and restarting doesn't help.
Please can you send me the DB so I can take a look at the problem

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Supporter of the forum in 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Supporter of the forum for 2024
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter :
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter :
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2010, 08:39:25 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"

Not wanting to babysit the fleet, I decided just to have it run back and forth empty, then when it was done I'd transfer the missiles between stockpiles by hand.  Everything was going great, right up I tried to access the "SM Add" button
I just tried this and it seems to be working. It should only enable when you click on the actual item type you need to add, I assume a missile in this case, as not everything on the Industry tab can be added with this button.

Steve

Aha!!  You need to click on the construction options pulldown.  I was flipping to "stockpile" mode and attempting to highlight the stockpiled item.  Would it make sense to also turn the button on when in stockpile mode and detect what's highlighted in the screen (or would this not work due to the type of screen)?

Also, to remove items I add a negative amount.  Would it make sense to create an "SM Remove" button?

John

Offline VariousArtist

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
Quote from: "mavikfelna"
The problem there is that you deleted the SM race, which probably killed several important pointers in the system database. I don't know if Steve has anything in-place to handle that sort of situation currently.

--Mav
It's the same procedure I've followed for the previous 37 versions of Aurora, ever since Steve introduced the 'SM race'  - and a slight variation on what I did before that.  I didn't have this problem with any of a hundred previous game setups.  The only things that have changed are upgrading from 4.77 (to 4.8, 4.82, 4.9, 4.91) and switching from WinXP to Wine on Ubuntu.  Of the two, I suspect Wine is the problem, and I'm hoping it's simply a matter of explicit vs implicit definitions or some assumed default behaviour that wine doesn't replicate just yet..

Im encountering error 13 with a fresh install (no changes, tutorial game) under ubuntu/wine, too.

Offline a1s

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »
Quote from: "a1s"

Please can you send me the DB so I can take a look at the problem

Steve
err...  so where do I send it?

edit: ok,  so this txt :[attachment=0:3ctvb2yk]Stevefire.txt[/attachment:3ctvb2yk] it's actually a zip of the database, you have to rename it, and then unzip it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:06:02 PM by a1s »
Terran Federation needs you oO000
to edit the Aurorawiki

Offline Commodore_Areyar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • I will format your cruiser!
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
A small cosmetic error :
leaders search by ability: political reliability is not in (%) percentage, but rather a multiplyer (1.2 = +20%).
-
also a typo: neutrotic in officer traits should probably be neurotic.
-
I had a game with less maximum 25 systems and it somehow had only doublestar 30 Ophiuchi systems.
This may have been caused by me disabling the realsystems option while the game was opened.
(can't get to the DB now, but probably in two weeks)
-
I can confirm the reported errors when viewing nebula systems.
-
When real systems option is used, options for system generation are still accessable, suggesting these are in effect while they are not. Well, not the max systems option anyhow, I'm not completely sure on how the localsystemchance and spread are used.
-
Sometimes theme-names run out. Maybe after they have all been cycled through it does not reset to start and check for any unused names of the theme. Most obvious in classnames, but IIRC also seen it in ship/PDCnames.

-That is all for now. ;)
Areyar
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:41:07 PM by Commodore_Areyar »
images of planets etc