Author Topic: Official v5.02 Bugs Thread  (Read 18387 times)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.02 Patch Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »
Quote from: "AtomikKrab"
I can report moderate success with the add complex tab selection and then build a ship, it  grays out after every time, and does not come back everytime, but at least I can get back to building ships.

I am having the same problem building ships, with the same work around as well.  I also tried to click on several of the yards with the add complex selection first, and then go to each yard to build a ship and that wouldn't work.  All of them would have their add task button available, then I would add 1 ship from 1 yard (even if multiple slips were open for that yard) and all of the add task buttons would grey out.

Brian

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
More on the SY "Add Task" button:

I'm not having problems with it greying out.  I've got the opposite thing going on - it doesn't grey out even if I don't have any SW left.  I've had at least two cases where a batch of ships finished at the same time (3 in one case, 10 in another) and I launched another batch.  In both cases the button didn't grey out when I reached the number of SY.

So far I've been lucky and noticed when I was supposed to stop clicking.  Given the trouble others are having, I haven't felt brave enough to see what happens if I click the Add Task button when there are no SW left. :-)

One more observation that might be of use.  Most of the time when I click on a new SY in the "Manage SY" tab, the "Add Task" button (and most of the other fields too, I think) seem to flash 3-4 times.  I suspect that this means that there are several refresh events that are triggering, rather than just the one that I might expect.  

John

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 01:21:01 AM »
new game, no shipyard task bug occuring however

error 6 overflow in get population signature and
error 3421 data type conversion update wealth error are occuring everytime I advance time.

Offline Venec

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 02:44:38 AM »
I'm having the overflow error (error in display system bodies) when I click on show passive sensor range on sensors page. If this is any help, I have 100 deep space tracking stations on my homeworld.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:41:11 AM by Venec »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 05:31:52 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, or a change.  I can not find any of the Lagrange Points associated with Gas Giants.  I started out with a trinary system and two of the three stars have gas giants, one is a super jovian, but there were no lagrange points on the system map, or in the task group orders screen.

Brian

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Not sure if this is a bug, or a change.  I can not find any of the Lagrange Points associated with Gas Giants.  I started out with a trinary system and two of the three stars have gas giants, one is a super jovian, but there were no lagrange points on the system map, or in the task group orders screen.

Brian

I was under the impression only super jovians would generate LPs. If there is only a single super jovian, there is no other LP to connect to, and therefore no LP will show up.

I might be off, though.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
Quote from: "Shadow"
Reposting from a thread in The Academy:

That's (the hour/day-skips) passed now. May or may not have been related to alien ships prowling my civilian shipping lines and having civvie ships appear and disappear from their sensor screens.

However, a few years later I encountered another problem (now on 5.02). I had defended the jump point the alien vessels were using to enter my system and raid my civilian ships for about 5 years. I managed to destroy a handful of enemy units as they jumped in. However, my frigates eventually had to return to resupply at Earth, and not a month later, another alien ship appeared in the system. Fortunately, a level 10 listening post on an asteroid picked them up about two billion kilometres away from the main trade route.

I immediately dispatched three missile frigates and a SWACS vessel to intercept the 19,200-ton target. However, shortly after it was detected by the LP, interrupts became stuck at 60 seconds. According to SM Only event messages, the reason is: "Increment length adjusted as a ship is within firing range". That has to be some freak coincidence with some other thing happening elsewhere in the galaxy, as none of my weapons have a range of 2 billion km. It's highly unlikely the enemy target has that kind of range, either, as their tech was considerably behind mine. I had seen that class before, and it has nuclear pulse engines, duranium armour, poor sensors, etc.

Any ideas? These 60-second skips have been going on for over 18 game hours.
I've a copy of the affected DB I can send to Steve, if it'd help.
Here's the DB, in case Steve or anyone can look for the culprit: http://www.multiupload.com/CR9FVX5703

The skips have been going on for about 40 game hours now. :|

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
Re: Shipyard "Add Task" Greyout
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
Quote from: "ndkid"
When I converted my 5.01 games over to 5.02 game, I did not see the greyed-out "Add Task" bug. Then, for no reason I can discern, about 10 minutes ago, I did. This tickled my QA-Developer sensibilities, so I played with it. I found that if I went to the Complex Activity Task Type combo box and selected something (even if it was the same thing already selected), this would cause the "Add Task" button to come back to life. (Which surprised me, since I wouldn't've expected those two pieces of the interface to interact.) Then, if I go to the Create Task Task Type dropdown and select anything, the "Add Task" button greys out again.

Given the behavior I'm seeing, my first guess would be that the code is referencing the wrong take type dropdown in an event handler or two. If you other folks seeing the greyed out "Add Task" button could confirm that you can get it active again by fiddling with the Complex Activity Task Type Combo Box, I'd be happy to know I'm not seeing things.

Confirmed.

Is this only happening on converted games from 5.01??? or all 5.02 games?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Shipyard "Add Task" Greyout
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 03:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "Journier"
Quote from: "ndkid"
When I converted my 5.01 games over to 5.02 game, I did not see the greyed-out "Add Task" bug. Then, for no reason I can discern, about 10 minutes ago, I did. This tickled my QA-Developer sensibilities, so I played with it. I found that if I went to the Complex Activity Task Type combo box and selected something (even if it was the same thing already selected), this would cause the "Add Task" button to come back to life. (Which surprised me, since I wouldn't've expected those two pieces of the interface to interact.) Then, if I go to the Create Task Task Type dropdown and select anything, the "Add Task" button greys out again.

Given the behavior I'm seeing, my first guess would be that the code is referencing the wrong take type dropdown in an event handler or two. If you other folks seeing the greyed out "Add Task" button could confirm that you can get it active again by fiddling with the Complex Activity Task Type Combo Box, I'd be happy to know I'm not seeing things.

Confirmed.

Is this only happening on converted games from 5.01??? or all 5.02 games?
It is happening in both types of games.  I just started a fresh 5.02 game just to check this out.

Brian

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
Couple of bugs.  First up:
Error in GetOxyAtm
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Happens when I start adding a gas (oxygen in this gas, also had it with nitrogen) that didn't exist on the planet before.  Carries on after the error perfectly happily.

Second one is one that I think Kurt reported with an earlier version.
I found some Jump Gate Construction (90 day) modules in some ruins.  Sent some cargo ships to get them and they never went down at the source (always 4 there) and I had 0 of them at the destination.  The cargo ships showed they had loaded them, but it was odd amount loaded, a 0.837985183 sort of format number.  I could disassemble the 0 instance and then had -1 of it.  When I scrapped that, I got "-1x Jump Gate Construction Module - 90 scrapped. Salvage from scrap: Wealth: -480.  Duranium: -192.0 tons.  Boronide: -96.0 tons.  Sorium: -192.0 tons. "
I've found various other tech (e.g. some ECM-3 and Tokamak reactors) and those don't have a problem.

EDIT (in response to Atomikkrab & Shadow) - They were from ruins, not salvage.  There were 10 cargo ships with 5 holds each in the fleet, so enough to carry one.  Sometimes I had a few other things, so it reported a fraction of a JGCM.  When I tried with a completely empty fleet and got more than 1 (something like 1.000000065, you get the idea).  I tried the multiple runs and reported taking fractions of a module, but the 4 at source never went down and the 0 at destination (after first run) never went up.  I have been playing around with this game for quite some time  :wink: ).  Input is appreciated.  (edit again - Oops removed my double negative)

Stephen
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:38:31 PM by Shinanygnz »

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Maybe your salvagers' cargo holds weren't big enough to hold an entire jump construction module? Perhaps it's like research labs and terraforming installations: you need to make several trips to transport a single unit.

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »
a full size jump gate construction module would need 10 cargo bays (it's 50000 tons)

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
Reposting from a thread in The Academy:

That's (the hour/day-skips) passed now. May or may not have been related to alien ships prowling my civilian shipping lines and having civvie ships appear and disappear from their sensor screens.

However, a few years later I encountered another problem (now on 5.02). I had defended the jump point the alien vessels were using to enter my system and raid my civilian ships for about 5 years. I managed to destroy a handful of enemy units as they jumped in. However, my frigates eventually had to return to resupply at Earth, and not a month later, another alien ship appeared in the system. Fortunately, a level 10 listening post on an asteroid picked them up about two billion kilometres away from the main trade route.

I immediately dispatched three missile frigates and a SWACS vessel to intercept the 19,200-ton target. However, shortly after it was detected by the LP, interrupts became stuck at 60 seconds. According to SM Only event messages, the reason is: "Increment length adjusted as a ship is within firing range". That has to be some freak coincidence with some other thing happening elsewhere in the galaxy, as none of my weapons have a range of 2 billion km. It's highly unlikely the enemy target has that kind of range, either, as their tech was considerably behind mine. I had seen that class before, and it has nuclear pulse engines, duranium armour, poor sensors, etc.

Any ideas? These 60-second skips have been going on for over 18 game hours.
I've a copy of the affected DB I can send to Steve, if it'd help.
Here's the DB, in case Steve or anyone can look for the culprit: http://www.multiupload.com/CR9FVX5703

The skips have been going on for about 40 game hours now. :|
Update: The alien ship and its detection (or its own detection of my sensors) is what's causing the reversal to 60-second skips. I used SM mode to remove the tracking stations in the asteroid LP that initially picked it up and sent my missile frigates in while the aliens were off my screens. However, that squadron's SWACS has great sensors, and managed to passively detect it from 873 million km away.

Aaand that cut the interrupts back to 60 seconds, despite they had returned to normal while the aliens remained undetected.

So I've confirmed the source, and it's something that definitely shouldn't be working like this.

Offline AtomikKrab

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
And I just discovered a world that exists inside the radius of it's star... well protostar, it's in the level 20 nebula I created to start my empire in, still weird, i'm colonizing it, it's within habitable gravity (barely) and has all the minerals, but well I dunno weird. I can provide a picture of it if needed.

Offline Treebiter

• Petty Officer
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
Hi all

I keep getting the following error whenever I try and end my current turn:

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
No current record
Please report....

Then after clicking ok a few tims:

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'techsystem'.
Please report...

My game's essentially stuck as this problem persists after reloading. :cry: Can anyone shed any light on this please?

- Edit I have a hunch, and being new to the game I may very well be wrong but I think it's research-related. A jhad a similar error come up recently when a research project went over the time of completion. This eventually resolved itself after a crash similar to this one. Now, after changing reducing the number of labs assigned to a particlar project

(Sorry for duplicate posting. I was unsure where to put this. Please feel free to delete one)

I have hunch this may be research-related. This crash happened once before when a project went over the compltion date. I fiddled with the lab allocation and it finally resolved itself and completed the project after a similar crash. I have just reduced the labs allocated to a project due to finish in 5 days and after thye end turn crash the time hasn't advanced but the project completed. Is this the cause, or just an effect of the crash not properly advancing game time?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:28:45 AM by Treebiter »