Author Topic: Children of Sol: Multiplayer Aurora  (Read 22822 times)

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Children of Sol: Multiplayer Aurora
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
[ooc]Venusians aren't violent! Just... energetic.[/ooc]

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2012, 07:18:41 AM »
Welcome to the SBC News hour! I am Ko'Jontag your reporter for this evening.

The heavens where ablaze in the Boron Sector earlier this year. Ko'Jatong, a member of our defense cabinet, issued this press release:
"The mighty Martian fleet decimated the fleet of the vile Tarn. We took the strongest they could throw at us and swatted it out of the sky like the pests they are. Even with our decades old ships they did not stand a chance. Our newly redesigned fleet with 33% faster engines and new state of the art weaponry will wipe the tarn stain from the stars once and for all. Join in our glory and join the Mighty Martian Navy today!"

In other news a massive meeting was held earlier this month and it was deemed that all Martian ships , civilian and military makes, will undergo a new naming convention and be repainted to the Martian Imperial color scheme. The actual patterns and designs have not been finalized yet however we know that our enemies will have fear in their hearts when they see a mighty Green and Red ship out their view ports.

To anyone who bought their advanced reservation on the cruise lines to the Hydrogen-Boron sectors we do caution you to be reminded that there is an active war going on in this sector. All precautions are being taking to avoid any civilian damage however accidents do happen.

Colonization efforts on the new Martian colony are still underway. An official name for the colony is still undecided at this time.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »
Violence is in the mind of the beholder, and in the biased minds of the Syndicate Society for Orderly Sapients V is for Violent Venusians. But don't worry. Sooner or later I'll dream up an equal opportunity opposition group to think similar thoughts about the Martians.

July - 2086 - Summer of Consolidation

Evacuation of valuable infrastructure and facilities from the radioactive contamination of Gallenshu to Venus continue smoothly, but the diversion of such a large portion of the Venusian Merchant Marine has had a small, but noticeable, trade impact contributing to temporary price fluctuations an increased inner-system shipping costs as surpluses build on their worlds of origin.

In other news, 'Odd Pig' has appeared on the grey-market in small quantities, but considering shipping limitations is believed to be primarily an imitation product by opportunistic forgers taking advantage of early hype.

Also in the latest on Technology Trading, Mars traded Fighter Engine technology to the Syndicate in return Stellarator Fusion Reactor Technology.

[ooc]Save Posted. Drums of War part 3 coming tomorrow. No private messages. One surrendered Gallenshu vessel under Venus control made it back to Sol, causing a bunch of Syndicate Hostile Contact warnings before I found the issue. Problem fixed by deleting that class registry from the Syndicate Intelligence window. Other than that nothing unexpected happened so most of you will not be receiving a PM for lack of reportable news.[/ooc]

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »
Drums of War - Part 3

Earth Lord Naomi Aktar, 4th of her rank and senior officer of the Syndicate Battle Fleet stood projecting a false calm on the bridge of the CA-Cod as the task force prepared to make the same transit the Venusians had. Her single greatest concern was that the Venusians wouldn't wait for them. The Syndicate needed this opportunity to prove their enhanced military power, and also needed to see the Venusians in action to confirm their optimism wasn't unfounded.

"All Fleets prepare for transit."

~~~~~[August 17, 2083, 19:18]~~~~~~~~

"Ma'am, Sensors online. No enemy presence, but there are local wrecks, 16 close. And the Venusians have begun hailing us. They seem glad to see us, ma'am."

Naomi spent a set of heartbeats looking at the projected sensor data. The Venusians had taken the jump point with 33% losses, and yet they had apparently destroyed tonnage in excess of her own fleet.  
"Com, put them through. It looks like we missed quite the party."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later Demon Prince Lengokrab closed the connection with a sly smile.
"Fleet, forward 2,500 k.m.s." He ordered the subcommands of his war counsel. "With Syndicate reinforcements we are back to full strength. With the gate behind us only vitory remains, forward!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Back on Gallenshu IV...]
Amber alarm lights flooded the slow command bunker of Military command with frantic activity. By the time the senior commander, Blastcoal, appeared the early cheers of destruction had already faded to angry depression. The Unmentionables had returned. In Force. The Outer guard was dead, but kills had been made. Already weakened, the situation could be salvaged with just a little more force.

"All hands! Second fleet launch! Third fleet launch! And Fourth! Send them all!"

~~~~~[4 days and 750m km latter...]~~~~~~~~
"Prince! Syndicate hailing on line 1. Priority Critical."
Lengokrab raised one eyebrow from his seat in the officer galley. For almost four days the fleet had been growing restless as they pressed inward to make war one Gallenshu home world. "Put the human on speaker. If critical it be then it can't wait for the bridge."

[N] "Prince Lengokrab. Our sensors detected an incoming fleet a few minutes ago. 11 contacts. 7300 tons. Unidentified. Closing speed of 3938. 50 million kilometers dead ahead. Are they Gallenshu?"

Lengokrab sat stunned in surprise for an instant, then wondered why he was. The Syndicate sensors may have been smaller, but they used a resolution at least five times as large. Intelligence estimated they had a 50%-100% detection range advantage. Still at that speed and distance they had only... call it 15 million km divided by 5 k/s for ... about an hour before the Gallenshu entered Venusian detection range. No rush.

[L] "Probably. Fire at will."
[N] "We'll fire on your mark to be certain of identity." The Syndicate captain deferred.
[L] "Then first blood is ours. Again. We'll fire when they close to 30 million."
[N] "Very well. Syndicate Out."

The call completed Lengokrab paged the bridge.
"Bridge, up and about! The Gallenshu are ahead and should be entering detection range within the hour. Sound a yellow alert in... 30 minutes. Upgrade to red when contact is made." Notice made the Venusian prince turned back to his food. 30 minutes to finish eating, rehearse a rousing speech, and get to the bridge. No rush.

~~~[August 21, 16:01][72 minutes after Syndicate detection]~~~~~~

"Venusian missiles launch detected! 16 salvos of 8 size 4" came the expected all from Sensors when the Gallenshu, mockingly nicknamed the "ClownSneazeHead" by Syndicate crew, closed to 33m km.

"All ships open fire." Naomi instantly replied before noticing the Dragons had opened fire a few million km earlier than stated. Not that it mattered. The Syndicate crew had drilled for months in general, and had calculated and recalculated all necessary equations while waiting. Within 10 seconds 3 salvos of 8 Syndicate missiles were free and chasing down the Venusian. The Venusians may have been mildly dismissive of the small Syndicate wave, but the rapid launch was worthy of admiration.

In the end, 2.5 waves of Venusian missiles were launched targeting 5 ships with 4 salvos each. 160 Hellfires in total.
The Syndicate launched 3 waves, each wave targeting a different target. 72 ASM Ship Destroy Mk2s in total.

The Syndicate missiles were faster, and quickly overcame the 10s Venusian head start to draw first blood in the 1st Joint Battle of Gallenshu. 24 missiles lanced outward with the neutonainan shaped charge warheads nearly identical to the Venusian design. Spinning into aligning, they scored nearly an 80% hit rate against the speeding clowns, shattering one thin-armored alien and crippling two more. Then the Venusian missiles arrived. Slower, but much more agile, not a one missed. Missile after missile slammed into the targets destroying every ship with just three salvos leaving the 4th overkill. 5 Ships were killed, including one weakened by the Syndicate in unplanned overlap.

The Demon Princes grinned at each other in agreement. This was
much more fun than the first battle. Still, after 16 kills the supply of Hellfires were starting to run low, and the trip to Gallenshu was far from finished. Best let the Syndicate use a few missiles of their own.

[L] "Earth Lord, not too bad. Your missiles are swift. Still, I count four enemies left. What say you we split them two and two?"
[N] "A fair Split Demon Prince, and generous when your own missiles fly more numerously as the stars. Worry not for our cripple, we can finish that off as well."

Flattery complete the two sides turned to launch again when Naomi ran into an obstacle. Only 3/4 of a salvo of of Ship Destroyers remained in magazines on each missile frigate. Still, she was confident in a solution. "All fleet, launch remaining Ship Destroyers. Then commence GoldenDart firing."

The majority of the Syndicate fleet was composed of Anti-Missile Defender-class cursers, but each cruiser cared twin long-range targeting systems for offensive fire. While the SilverDart AMM was the primary magazine cargo, a healthy selection of GoldenDart ASM were also included. Those small size-1 missiles gave up the usual AMM agility to carry the fuel needed to match the range of the larger Ship Destroyers. Salvoes of 20 launched forward to sandblast bit by bit first the armor and then the internals of Gallenshu clowns into oblivion.

First there were 11. Then there were 5. Then there were none.
So far the score in ship destruction was Venus: 7. Syndicate: 4+1 assist.

~~~~~[August 22, 22:52  250m km further inward]~~~~~~
The next day it was the Venusian's turn to page the Syndicate.

[L] "I trust your fleet remains every ready for victorious slaughter?" The Prince asked warmly.
[N] "We ever are." Came a dry response to the late call. "Why?"
[L] "More Gallenshu of course! Forty-nine fast attack craft, 950 tons,  2630 kilometers a second. Just thirty-four million clicks ahead."
A strangled gasp emerged emerged from the Syndicate fleet, followed by muted orders to battle stations.
[N] "Much thanks, Prince. May our missiles fly true."

This task finished the Venusian fleet wasted no time in launching missiles. After destroying two fleet previously the Venusian battle ships were nearly depleted with only 14 missiles remaining on each. Using frailty estimates from the classified records on Venusians own proposed FAC designs it was decided that each ship should launch as salvo of 6 at different targets holding a a single full salvo of hellfire in reserve for the Gallenshu home world.

The estimates were close. Half the targets were destroyed in the distant hellfire detonations, but the rest flew on. Then the Syndicates struck.

The Syndicates may have been depleted of ShipDestroyers, but GoldenEyes were still in stock. Three waves of triple salvos of twenty raced outward once the Gallenshu attackers raced a hundred thousand km into the anti-missle sensor detection range. While quantity may have its quality, the destructiveness of the Syndicate salvos was less than the Venusian's. Only one target died. And then the Gallenshu struck.

Four million km from the front the Gallenshu reversed course, but not out of fright. Just 30 seconds later the Gallenshu succeeded in delivery as 42 size 6 Scimitar missiles streaked inward at 16,000 km/s. Naomi never needed to breath a word. Anti-missile protection was their official reason for coming, and the primary focus of the fleet. In one accord the fleet belched forth 96 SilverDart Mk2 missiles, at a 4:1 saturation ration. 10 seconds latter an additional 72 followed. Of the 24 missiles targeted by the first wave, 21 were shot down with 20 incidents of overkill. The 2nd wave accounted for 17/18 targets, once again with substantial overkill. Between one wave and the next Naomi breathed her first anti-missile command.
"All ships. Adjust Fire ratio down to Three. Repeate, fire A. M. M. ration Three."

The third wave accounted for all 4 leakers with only 2 incidents of overkill. The Venusians were once more impressed. 183 Syndicate missiles had been launched in 15 seconds scoring 82 hits. Not a single Gallenshu missile managed to enter Venusian detection range, much less strike a vessel. The best hope for Gallenshu victory had died even faster than it had risen.

This left one unresolved issue: 42 fleeting Gallenshu missile boats traveling faster than the joint fleet. So of course, the Venusian Space Dragons had to chase.

"CHARGE! FULL SPEED! ALL SHIPS! LET THEM FEEL OUR SPARKS!"

[ooc]Drums of War report cut short by 6.0 release. I'll edit in the remaining three battles of the First Gallensh campaign over the next few days.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:17:57 PM by sublight »

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
January - 2087 - Sudden Death!

No spy report or fiction this time. I'm far enough behind that I'm cutting my losses and dropping the usual in an effort to try and catch up. I'll try to finish up the Drums of War account in the next day or two and include a spy report with the summer turn, but no promises.

Anyway, as I'm sure everyone has noticed 6.0 has come out. It's too buggy to start a serious new system tomorrow but, eventually, I'd like to close out Children of Sol and start up a new game sooner or latter. So, sudden death time.

What sudden death mode means:
• The game will end in 3 months (December 11th) unless in-game events end the game sooner.
• Otherwise 2095 will be the ending year. That gives 8 years to reach closure.
• If you want to go to war with your players or conquer Sol, then now is the best time. Tribute payments can be arranged to permit conditional surrenders if needed.
• Galactic Invaders are turned 'on'

Maybe the three of you accelerate efforts to exterminate all other NPRs before their wreckless broadcasting draws the Invaders in. Maybe the Invaders find you anyway, but standing united the Races of Sol defend the system. Or maybe a old insults from before you three took office bring about a grudge fight atomic fire storm. I'm curious what happens when the pressure of a deadline is added.

That said, you lot have been fantastically consistent players to watch. If the three of you love the current game enough to unanimously vote against Sudden death I'll cancel that and extend the game to play out to the 100 year mark (2025): but personally I have new ideas I'd like to try out.

[ooc]Save posted. Private messages coming soon.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:03:21 PM by sublight »

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:58 AM »
[ooc]I really am loving the game, however I also want to start poking around with 6.0

As to sudden death, seems interesting but if it becomes general combat in the Sol system that is going to be really hard to play out I think, my faction alone has a couple hundred ships exclusive of the civilian build, I can't imagine the other players have much less. If everyone else wants to do it and go to war I am game, but my preference would just be make the switch to 6.0 after Steve does a bugfix or two.[/ooc]

Offline Kaspar

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2012, 01:32:19 AM »
Enjoyed this thread a lot.   Can I read up on the mechanics on how to make multiplayer Aurora playable somewhere and would there be an opportunity to join in the next game?

Offline Ektoras

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2012, 01:34:30 AM »
[ooc]I love the current game, it is lots of fun. I would not mind to change to a multiplayer campaign in v6.0.

I choose invaders from the options of sudden death, but i don't believe Sudden death is necessary especially if it will turn to a lot of work for syblight.
I think Syndicate companies alone have over 80 ship.[/ooc]

Offline Ektoras

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2012, 01:50:22 AM »
Enjoyed this thread a lot.   Can I read up on the mechanics on how to make multiplayer Aurora playable somewhere and would there be an opportunity to join in the next game?

Here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4576.0.html you can read about the mechanics.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2012, 07:29:08 AM »
[ooc]@Ektoras & Panopticon Alright. Sudden Death mode cancelled, but invaders left on. I'll keep running this game until I have a replacement lined up. Current players, of course, get priority in the new game.

@Kaspar Glad to hear you enjoyed our thread! 6.0 looks to be easier for tracking multiple factions, so I should be able to add a 4th.
The basic requirements for our style of Multiplayer game is:
• A way to share the save (we use a shared dropbox folder)
• 3-4 players +SM (just 2 is a head to head competition, but more players, especially in 5.6, makes things exponentially slower)
• Multi-month turns at least once a week. Anything less and every minor event becomes major news. Longer and more frequent is better for the game, but takes more work.

What's next?
If I have 3 players I'll use the same premises, Mars/Venus/Earth, but apply lessons we learned in the first game to make it better.

If I have 4 I'll use multiple starting star systems. I'll probably use 4 suitable random-generated systems jump linked to an empty Sol and name the game "Return to Sol"

If we have 5 or more interested players then we'll break into 2 games and one player in each game will be responsible for being the SM in the other.

Alternatively, I may set up a 5.6 PvP 1v1 tactical tournament for people to test ship designs and fleet doctrines against intelligent foes. Probably a series of short 3 game month long Earth vs Titan scenarios.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:31:15 AM by sublight »

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
[ooc]As the others have said I'd be fine with letting this end in either some sort of peaceful ending or something like that as all out war would require a huge amount of work. I would look forward to a fresh start on 6.0 as mars would have a cohesive strategy from the beginning next game (If mars is there :P) [/ooc]

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2012, 06:43:14 AM »
July 2087

[ooc]Save posted. PMs coming. I've given up strangling witty commander banter out of my muse, so I'll be switching to mostly a drier 3rd party narrator perspective when recounting the battles. [/ooc]

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2012, 09:48:02 PM »
Drums of War - Conclusion

Out of ammunition, the Gallenshu fled in rout as the Venusians accelerated to full speed to bring the fleeing missile boats into offensive Anti-Missile range. Seeing their chance of easy kills diminish the Syndicate commander ordered that the last of the GoldenDart missiles be used to destroy whatever crippled stragglers they could, killing six more. The faster Venusians then continued closing to slay the remaining thirty-six with Spark AMMs. The score now stood 11 kills and 7 assists for the Syndicate, 59 kills Venus. Missile stores were running low, but the fleets continued to press forward.

The 4th battle of Gallenshu occurred two days latter 1.1b km out from the Gallenshu home world when two 7300 ton Liechtestein class missile cruisers intercepted the joint fleet. The Venusians immediately launched a salvo to attempt to disrupt the formation, but fired no more, waiting instead to bring antimissiles to bear. Km by Km the two fleet closed, the Venusians content to maintain formation with the Syndicate while closure continued. Then at 7m km the Gallenshu fired.

With each cruiser launching salvos of 5 14,800 km/s size-6 missiles the effort might have been commendable - if the missile cruisers hadn't numbered only two. Striking with 50% accuracy the Syndicate Anti-missile envelop contemptuously swatted salvo after salvo aside: though in an inexplicable fluke a single salvo slipped through unengaged- and as a reward was taken out by the Venusian defenses instead. The rain of missiles continued until the fleets were 17 hundred thousand km apart, when the Syndicate switched half their launchers to offensive strikes. Anit-missiles by the score lanced forth, and just thirty seconds latter both were drifting wrecks.

The twin Syndicate kills and Venusian assist brought the score to 13-7 Syndicate, 59-1 Venus. A few cranks tried to insist that the 62 syndicate missile kill advantage should counted as well.

This battle marked the end of the joint-strike battle. With AMM reserves were down to 30%, every offensive missile was spent, and some ships nearing 55% fuel reserve levels the Syndicate battle group chose to turn back.

The Venusians, even lower on amunition but high on resolve pressed ever onward, but they now faced their greatest challenge since the jump point ambush: the Gallenshu home world defense. There, confronted with a last stand of three dozen warships and defense satellites the Venusians finally concluded discretion was the better part of valor. A half salvo of Hellfires were lobbed inward against the shipyards, and when that left no apparent effect the last remaining Hellfires were sent inward to shatter a single unforunent Kilo defender. Astonishingly not a single missile was intercepted, but as as chance would have it a larger, juicier, target presented itself: the Gallenshu Merchant Marine. The doomed fleet wavered indecisively for critical hours, torn between making their in home world delivery and fleeing for the outer system. Their indecision cost them. Already well ahead of the 50+ kTons taken out by the Syndicate the hungry dragons decided it would be better to pad their tonnage ratio off of the lumbering giants than risk the most advanced battles ships in close battle against the Gallenshu. The Giant Hunt was on.

The lumbering thin shelled giants may, in theory, have been easy kill but what they lacked in armored depth the cargo ships carried in breadth. Missile after anti-missile struck the giants only to miss the narrow holes left by pervious waves. Still, persistence carried the day and when the missile reserves were all but empty six giants massing more than all previous Venusian kills combined were dead.

January 2088

[ooc]Save Posted. PMs coming soon. Spy reports coming tomorrow. [/ooc]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:50:26 PM by sublight »

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »
Code: [Select]
[b]Spy Report:[/b]

[u]Employment Records: January 2083[/u]
[code]
Planet Population SY workers SY size Fleet Size Industry Logistic Labs
Mars 978m    10.2m  223,000 679.0 kT 45.4m 3.9m 26
Earth 835m    25.9m    873,000 949.0 kT 41.8m 7.1m 25
Venus    883.8m    22.5m    575,000 2,459.0 kT 44.1m 9.1m 40

Mercury    22.9m
Titan    31.2m 2.1m 1.3m
Lithium-IV    27.1m 5.3m

Shipping Line Flag Ships Tonnage Income
Moore Colony Company Syndicate 32 1,329 kT 1902c
Horton Lines Syndicate 21 940 kT 1070c
Robinson Transport Services Syndicate 9 321 kT    1044c
Whitehead Company Syndicate 6 255 kT    580c
Dawdy Shipping Venusian 47 1,466 kT 4230c
Jawoski Colony Group      Venusian 46 1,435 kT 3680c

Top Three Claimed Assets:
• Mercury: Claimed by Venus this hot spot held an intact city that helped drive Venus to become the most advanced power in Sol. However, by 2083 excavation is well over 75% complete. Only time will tell how well Venus holds the Tech lead once those alien treasures are exhausted.

• Lithium-A IV: Claimed by the Syndicate, this colony cost zero world is only a single jump from Sol: and the rapid growth there leaves experts predicting it will soon become the largest colony world. It is also believed to be a focal point of an off-system mining effort that appears to have successfully ended the Syndicate Duranium mineral crunch.

• Titania: Claimed by Mars, this distant moon boosts the largest deposits of 0.6+ duranium in Sol and became an overtaxed lifeline when the Martians entered a Duranium crunch of their own. In time the Martians should escape their crunch as well, but exerts disagree on how far behind Mars will slip before then.

Spy Report: January 2077
2077 was a year of great changes for Mars. The interim government completed Mars' first improvised set of armed military warships, giving the newly appointed secretary of state, Jinkor, something to shoot with if necessary.

2077 could also be considered the year before the crunch. The mineral accessibilities were noticeably dropping on all the home worlds, leaving both Mars and Earth with projected duranium shortfalls. Both still had stockpiles remaining, but by now The Big Crunch was foreshadowed, particularly on Earth where the Syndicate was buying additional duranium wherever possible.

Time for the 3rd facility tally of the game:
Empire Mars Syndicate Venus
Yards 2C 2N 9Slip 3C 3N 14Slip 3C 3N 15Slip
Labs 22 18 27
Con Factories 512 599 328
Ord Factories 10 28 108
Ftr Factories 0 0 5
Refineries    32 20 108
Mines 322 403 336
Automines 249 140 52
Maintenance 20 65 44
DSTS 4 3 9
GFTC 1 1 5
Accademy 4 3 2
Teraform 0 5 9
Mass Driver 3 1 5
Space Port 1 0 2
Genetic Centers 0 0 8

Notable Governors: (By top 3 most interesting locations per side)
Venus:   Milkoghast: +20% Wealth, +40% Factory, +25% Mining, +20% ShipBuild +15% Population
Mercury:   Crappakow: +5% Factory, +20% Wealth, +5% Population
Comet #2:   Karafox: +20% Factory, +20% Mining, +15% Shipbuilding

Earth:   Andrew "Antagonist" Harper: +5% Factory, +10% Mining, +15% Terraforming
Titan:      Ben Slater: +15% Shipbuilding, +15% Wealth, +15% Population
Lithium A-IV: Kane Pollard +15% Shipbuilding, +10% Wealth, +15% Population

Mars:     Wo'Shorisoch: +25% Shipbuilding, +5% Factory, +25% Mining, +20% Terraforming, +25% Population
Titania:   Ta'Piferas: +15% Factory, +25% Wealth, +35% Mining
Comet #4:   Hu'Qubolhat: +20% Shipbuilding,  +20% Factory, +5% Wealth, +10% Mining

Fleets of the Empires (2077)
Mars:
6x Einstein A
4x Eric LeRogue
3x Fox-B
3x Kilo
4x Liberty
1x Trade

Syndicate:
1x Colony
2x Colony Mod1
3x Defender A
2x Defender B
4x Katrina
3x LastBastion
3x Mahadeva II
3x Prospector
5x Trade
6x TSO
3x Vitruvius
4x Wayfinder
2x Acheron
4x Azazel
2x Baalzebul
4x Balo II
4x Baphomet
4x Beshaba
1x Colony
1x Hecate
6x Myrkul - II
4x Tarterus
7x Vhaeraun B

Fox-B class Missile Defence Satellite    3,350 tons     322 Crew     328 BP      TCS 67  TH 80  EM 0
1194 km/s     Armour 3-19     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 2     PPV 16.56
Maint Life 4.01 Years     MSP 122    AFR 44%    IFR 0.6%    1YR 12    5YR 183    Max Repair 48 MSP

Nuclear Pulse Engine E9 (2)    Power 40    Fuel Use 90%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 29.9 billion km   (289 days at full power)

Twin 10cm C2 Visible Light Laser Turret (2x2)    Range 60,000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Power 6-4     RM 2    ROF 10        3 3 2 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
Fire Control S16 40-8000 (1)    Max Range: 80,000 km   TS: 8000 km/s     88 75 62 50 38 25 12 0 0 0
Pressurised Water Reactor PB-1 (4)     Total Power Output 8    Armour 0    Exp 5%

Gen 1 PD Sensor (1)     GPS 40     Range 2.0m km    Resolution 1

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
The Fox-B was the first armed Martin ship design, and was built in response to the rising demands for defense coming from prominent citizens of Mars who had seen reports of The Dual. Essentially, this design was the long buried Fox updated with new engines and new armor, and was intended more for appeasing the populace than providing a serious defense.

Kilo class Fast Attack Craft    1,000 tons     113 Crew     110 BP      TCS 20  TH 80  EM 60
4000 km/s     Armour 1-8     Shields 2-300     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 4
Maint Life 11.68 Years     MSP 69    AFR 8%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 1    5YR 14    Max Repair 20 MSP

GB Nuclear Pulse Engine E90 (1)    Power 80    Fuel Use 900%    Signature 80    Armour 0    Exp 15%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 10.0 billion km   (28 days at full power)
Beta R300 Shield (1)   Total Fuel Cost  14 Litres per day

15cm C3 Plasma Carronade (1)    Range 40,000km     TS: 4000 km/s     Power 6-3     RM 1    ROF 10        6 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Midget Fire-Con S03 20-3000 (1)    Max Range: 40,000 km   TS: 3000 km/s     75 50 25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pressurised Water Reactor PB-1 (2)     Total Power Output 4    Armour 0    Exp 5%

Backup Search Sensor MR0-R9 (1)     GPS 45     Range 750k km    Resolution 9

The Fox-B may have placated demands for missile defense, but it was far too slow to offer a credible offense. The solution for Mars Offense was the Kilo Fast Attack Craft. On the day of launch it was quick enough to force an engagement with any opponent, and is rated to survive 1 dual-type Venusian missile hit without internal injury. The Kilo would latter go on to provide an impressive performance in the Martian/Tarn offensive, but that's a story for another day.

Mahadeva II class Cruiser    6,000 tons     650 Crew     705 BP      TCS 120  TH 360  EM 0
3000 km/s     Armour 3-29     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 3     PPV 32
Maint Life 4.31 Years     MSP 220    AFR 96%    IFR 1.3%    1YR 19    5YR 286    Max Repair 51 MSP
Magazine 152   

Nuclear Pulse Engine E10 (9)    Power 40    Fuel Use 100%    Signature 40    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres    Range 45.0 billion km   (173 days at full power)

Size 4 Missile Launcher RoF 40 (8)    Missile Size 4    Rate of Fire 40
Missile Fire Control FC30-R100 (2)     Range 30.2m km    Resolution 100

Active Search Sensor MR30-R100 (1)     GPS 5100     Range 30.6m km    Resolution 100

The Mahadeva II was the first Syndicate vessel to be named in honor of the original Mahadeva's that fell during the dual, and a precurser to the variant that fought in the joint-fleet action at Gallenshu.

Baalzebul class Salvager    15,900 tons     335 Crew     441.5 BP      TCS 318  TH 400  EM 0
1257 km/s     Armour 1-56     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 17    Max Repair 200 MSP
Salvager: 1 module(s) capable of salvaging 500 tons per day

Nuclear Pulse Engine E0.9 (4)    Power 100    Fuel Use 9%    Signature 100    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 200,000 Litres    Range 251.4 billion km   (2314 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
Inspired by curiosity about the Syndicate ships destroyed in the Dual, this Venusian salvager was rushed into production to provide answers. Little was learned then, but these ships continue to play an important roll in cleaning up slain remnants of alien incursion into Sol.

The Balor II troop transport is basically identical to the Balor I, only with Nuclear Pulse propulsion.[/code]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:45:20 AM by sublight »

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:32 AM »
July 2088 - Summer of Martians

Just in! In breaking commercial developments a Martian shipping company just launched the planet's first civilian freighter! The design, rumored to carry a standard 5-hold cargo block, was observed making better than 900 km/s on a contracted run to Titan but should shortly join the large crowed of Venusian and Syndicate vessels exchanging commodities between the planets.

[ooc]Save posted. PMs coming soon.[/ooc]