Author Topic: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 26031 times)

Offline Scandinavian

• Lieutenant
  • S
Re: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
The addition of mass 0 celestial objects in Sol generates errors when deploying geology teams to them (and presumably also other divide by zero errors in other places). Suggestion: Always round system body mass up to a strictly positive number.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
When I go to design a missile I get an overflow error 6. This pops up every time I alter anything in the missile fields.

The numbers also seem ridiculously high (using conventional engine tech 100km/s and 187m km range on a size 9.5 with .5 for fuel) but I assume that is something to do with the new system since to-hit chances are very low (1% for a 1km/s target).

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
When I go to design a missile I get an overflow error 6. This pops up every time I alter anything in the missile fields.

The numbers also seem ridiculously high (using conventional engine tech 100km/s and 187m km range on a size 9.5 with .5 for fuel) but I assume that is something to do with the new system since to-hit chances are very low (1% for a 1km/s target).

I think I mistyped the speed in that, but I don't remember what it actually said, and now I go on the screen again it has become more within expected ranges. But I still get the overflow error.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
when you zoom too close into the system map (the f3 one)  it gives an error 11 overflow (but it renders it correctly)

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
When designing ships and putting in an intended deployment time length, the game will automatically add crew quarters as appropiate - However, when reducing the deployment time again, the additional crew quarters won't be removed/downsized automatically. Not sure if this is working as intended? Cost me some surplus BP before I noticed this :)

*edit*
Likewise, when removing components and thus reducing the crew requirements, it doesn't downsize the crew quarters. Removing them manually lets you remove them to the minimum required for the current intended deployment time. Not sure if a difference between available crew quarters and intended deployment time delay the onset of morale loss?
(Scenario: Setting intended deployment time to 12 months, reducing it back to 6 months - Does morale loss occur after 6, or 12 months? As the game doesn't remove the surplus crew quarters, it should set on after 12 months (as the same facilities are there) instead of the displayed 6 months. Didn't test this though.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:06:19 PM by Vynadan »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »

bigger missiles are really fuel efficient, trying out my broadsword design with a size 2.5 engine lets it travel 120M km on 0.4 fuel, but with 25 .1 size engines it can only travel 13M km. This was to try to counterbalance the superiority of size 1 missiles.

When designing ships and putting in an intended deployment time length, the game will automatically add crew quarters as appropiate - However, when reducing the deployment time again, the additional crew quarters won't be removed/downsized automatically. Not sure if this is working as intended? Cost me some surplus BP before I noticed this :)

*edit*
Likewise, when removing components and thus reducing the crew requirements, it doesn't downsize the crew quarters. Removing them manually lets you remove them to the minimum required for the current intended deployment time. Not sure if a difference between available crew quarters and intended deployment time delay the onset of morale loss?
(Scenario: Setting intended deployment time to 12 months, reducing it back to 6 months - Does morale loss occur after 6, or 12 months? As the game doesn't remove the surplus crew quarters, it should set on after 12 months (as the same facilities are there) instead of the displayed 6 months. Didn't test this though.)

they should be counted as extra berths rather than additional facilities per crew.

Offline mberkers

• Leading Rate
  • m
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
Quote from: Brian link=topic=5400. msg55549#msg55549 date=1349866110
See if this will work.   Turn SM mode on.   Open the ground unit tab on the production and population screen (F2)  In the upper right there is a small pulldown menu for show units.   Select all units.   If you can see the units you are missing try changing where they are located.   Use the transfer Ground Unit to PDC or Population pull down menu (lower right corner of screen)  Set the population to transfer the unit to as whatever population is currently selected.   This might get the unit back from oblivion.
Good Luck
Brian

Thanks Brian! It worked, and the 17th-20th MI Battalions have returned from their trip to. .  umm. .  well, they refuse to talk about it but the CO winces every time someone mentions tequila. . . .

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38:56 AM »
My empire just experienced a decade-worth of time warp, I think. 
I had designed a simple thermal buoy the same size as my standard ASM missiles, loaded up enough to cover the jump points in Sol (3) and set off for each one. 

Code: [Select]
Missile Size: 6 MSP  (0.3 HS)     Warhead: 0    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 10
Speed: 0 km/s    Engine Endurance: 0 minutes   Range: 0.0m km
Thermal Sensor Strength: 2.4145    Detect Sig Strength 1000:  2,414,500 km
Cost Per Missile: 3.8635
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 0%   3k km/s 0%   5k km/s 0%   10k km/s 0%
Materials Required:    1.449x Boronide   2.4145x Uridium   Fuel x0

Since I'm unfamiliar with the Msl Launch button on the task groups window, I just assigned the loaded tube to a fire control, pointed it at a waypoint I had lying about in the system, and fired when I was on top of each jump point.   It seemed to work, the buoys sat on the point, they didn't detonate, though it did show an eta of 1 second.   So I order my fleet back to Earth for some overhaul, as my jump scouts come in for the same.   I hit 30 Days with auto-turns ticked, and 22 full length increments roll by without an interrupt or construction cycle.   At this point I unticked the auto turns button and tried some smaller increments, to no avail.   My industry was frozen, my ships trapped in overhaul, their deployment counters steadily rising despite orbiting earth, all things from the construction cycle not firing. 

So, I open up the Combat Overview for the ship that launched the buoys, an they're still there in the 'Missiles in Flight' tab.   I destroy the lot, hit a 5 second increment, and nearly two years of mineral shortage, shore leave, research, new officers, promotions assignments retirements and so on land all at once. 

Offline Radioactive_seagull

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 06:04:47 AM »
Every 5 days I'm getting 14 errors that say:

Error in NPRPopPlanning
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Field
No current record
Please report to.  .  . 

This is with a standard start, no changes to the create game screen.

Edit: Started a new game and so far this hasn't happened again.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:55:56 AM by Radioactive_seagull »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
Here is another one having to do with the crew deployment time:

It looks like any ship with over 3 months of deployment time is commercial no matter what, even if it has a giant military engine(30HS EP 1.5X) strapped to it.

Update to the above: Putting launch tubes on the ship makes it a military vessel, so its an issue with engines.

A ship with nothing but crew, bridge, engineering, fuel and engines on it will be a military vessel if the size of the engines is less than 25HS, and commercial if 25HS or more, all other things being equal, regardless of how many engines are used. 

I don't know if that's intended, but it did put a damper on my tiny geo surveyor swarm idea.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
A ship with nothing but crew, bridge, engineering, fuel and engines on it will be a military vessel if the size of the engines is less than 25HS, and commercial if 25HS or more, all other things being equal, regardless of how many engines are used. 

I don't know if that's intended, but it did put a damper on my tiny geo surveyor swarm idea.

"Any engine that exceeds 50% base engine power or is smaller than 25 HS is classed as military for maintenance purposes." - Size wise its working, but the EP modifier doesn't seem to be taken into account.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »

It is working as intended. You may need to have additional crew quarters, especially on carriers for the flight crews. You quickly get used to removing the excess when you don't need it. One option though might be for me to add a checkbox so the window removes excess crew quarters automatically.

Steve

Offline Kaspar

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Hi, been enjoying your game for some time now and only registered to report a few bugs with the new version.   

1.     Tried to design a multi-stage missile so I could deliver a mine to Jumppoints from a PDC.     Was a 34 MSP missile with a delivery body, a mine buoy, and 6 ASM launching from the mine buoy.     Designing and researching worked fine, but as soon as I built them and loaded them onto the PDC, Aurora gives Error 6 Overflow errors, even if I only move the map and dont increment time.     If the missiles stay in the planetary stockpile, no error messages are generated.     

Fuel allocation seems screwy, it looks like Aurora calculates all the missile stages fuel into its fuel calculation.     Might be the reason for this.   

When trying to view designs, Aurora doesnt show the used engine in the design, but the most recently designed one.   

2.     I cant view civilian designs from the class window.     I am using reduced height windows, so maybe thats the reason?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:40:49 AM by Kaspar »

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
On New Game a large amount of Error 3021 was generated by DAO. Field mesasges...

- It works fine without changing any data options however, new game setup takes up to 5 minutes to complete, whereas 5.6 takes about 1 minute.

- If you choose create your own space empire or non Real stars, you encounter a mass of 3021 messages, starting off on race and moving forward to other db tables.

I think the install part needs to be looked at and repaired, because you can never be confident your games is not going to crash into the future. Also could do a complete new 6.00 setup file, since it is a new major number, rather then the process you need to go on for a new computer.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:38:51 PM by ardem »

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 05:34:46 AM »
I doublechecked that buoy bug.  Even having one out on a jump point completely suspends the construction cycle check