Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 53136 times)

Offline Knight Otu

• Leading Rate
  • K
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=5448. msg56357#msg56357 date=1351338772
3) Isn't a bug.  That will happen sometimes - its no different than any other AI - AI combat.  Besides, think of all the wrecks you might salvage :)

Steve
I wasn't certain if it counted as one, but it did strike me as a bit odd to have a system generated with both, so I reported it just in case.  :)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
I found a bug regarding naming of detected alien ships - I was doing a simulated fight between two human cultures starting on Earth, and I noticed that after the first ship detected, all other ships were given their proper class name, despite the two cultures not having established communication.

This is working as intended. In v6.10, if two player races both start on Earth, its assumed they know the actual names of each other's ship classes. This was to make it easier to keep track in multi-race starts.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
Oh, another bug report - I haven't tested with a regular ship, but when a carrier with fighters landed was struck with enough damage to destroy an engine, it was removed from its taskforce - nothing odd in that. Except it was then removed from it's own task force when another engine went. And another, and another... until there were six copies of the taskforce, one for each destroyed engine.

That used to be a general bug but I thought I had fixed it by checking the number of ships in the task group. Obviously that doesn't work so well with carriers :)

Fixed for v6.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »
Diplomatic teams still try to make progress with alien race even thought I have put the diplomatic team out of assignment and disbanded the team.

You don't need a diplomatic team to establish comms. They just affect the alien race's perception of your race.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
In both 6. 00 and 6. 10, the Genome Sequence: Base Gravity tech series appears to be severed from the tech tree, never becoming available for research.

Fixed for v6.20

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
In 6. 10 at least, I was able to retroactively increase the fuel storage of my already built Freighter class ship by hitting New Armour in the Class Design window - which reactivates the Unlock option, allowing me to add more components, which then got added in-flight at no additional cost.  Increased storage size from 100,000 to 300,000, if I remember right.  (The extra storage space came empty, of course, so the damn thing remained stuck in space. )

That comes under the category of "cheating at solitaire" :)

It's not really any different than unlocking the class using SM mode and doing the same thing. However, I've disabled the New Armour button in v6.2 to avoid accidently unlocking a class.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »
So is the bug that "New Armour" unlocks the design, rather than failing if the design is locked?

Note that you can unlock designs from SM mode, so the fact that you can modify designs in place is NOT a bug; not being protected against doing it inadvertently (when the design is locked) would be a bug.

John

Yes, that was my conclusion too. I've sorted out the New Armour button issue.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »
Further too the F9 Bug, not only replacing the missing ones from the 5.54 pack is enough.

I cannot create a new system Space master option. I receive an Error in cboSystem; Error 381:  Invalid property Array index followed by Error in GetBodySuitablity; Error 11: Division by zero then a Runtime error '11': Division by zero and then finally a crash to desktop.

To replicate this go to New game -> Tick Create Spacemaster Empire and Turn Real Star Systems off. Select Default Race, Go into SM mode, F9 then create system....crash

-----------------------------------------------------

To test I installed 5.54 from scratch and then 6.1 overtop, to rule out any additions to planets, flags, races, medals

Machine Windows 7 64bit:

-----------------------------------------------------

I've fixed this one. No species ID was being set for SM Races, which caused all the other problems.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »
First
After 3 or 4 years ingame, I suddently have this bug

Code: [Select]
Error in RefuelFromPop

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

It happens when a ship have a conditionnal order to refuel at my homeworld. And the other strange things is that when I put an order to refuel at my homeworld, in the "events" they said that the order is completed, but there is no loading of fuel into my ship.

In the same way, when a new ship is built, she comes without fuel.

And yes, I have fuel available in my homeworld.

Exactly how much fuel is at your homeworld? I'm just wondering if too much fuel can cause a problem.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »
I have three Shipping Lines. They have just launched their first ships, all were accompanied by
Error 3201 was generated by DOA.Recordset.
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "TechSystem".
Please report etc.

The colony ship does zip about between Earth and Mars, but the freighters are stuck at Earth although they have orders to unload trade goods at Mars.

Ian

Edit: The large freighter has apparently made three round trips to Mars although at no time was it observed to travel to Mars, so last remarks on freighters are not accurate.

Edit 2 The error message only appears when the Shipping Lines introduce a new design.

Please could you look at the designs for the civilian ships and see if anything is missing that you would normally expect to see (engines, cargo handling systems, etc). Just click the Show Civilian Designs option on the F5 Class window.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
I'm having a very weird visual problem when I try to run the game.   The menu items in dialog boxes are always squished into one line, even if the text spans multiple lines.  

Here's what it looks like for me:
http://i.imgur.com/vv4rY.png

For reference, the appearance from the wiki:
http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=File:Splash.jpg

Anyone know what's going on?

It looks like your font size is larger than normal. Do have large fonts switched on in Windows?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
Jupiter has two moons named Elara.  I noticed this in my own save and confirmed the duplication is also in Crusade.

Oops! - Excess moon removed

Steve

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 02:28:43 PM »
Please could you look at the designs for the civilian ships and see if anything is missing that you would normally expect to see (engines, cargo handling systems, etc). Just click the Show Civilian Designs option on the F5 Class window.

Steve
For the record, this is hidden if you're on reduced-height windows.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline bobterrius

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
Exactly how much fuel is at your homeworld? I'm just wondering if too much fuel can cause a problem.

Steve

2 399 870 555 Litres.  I have modified the start setting by putting 5 billion for the population.

Edit: I have checked by SM the quantity of fuel in my homeworld, and you are right, no more error message now, and when I give a refuel order to my ship group, they are refueling.    8)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:34:42 PM by bobterrius »

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
That will certainly overflow if it's saved as an integer.

Edit : Obsolete missile engine designs still show up in the missile designer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:36:52 PM by niflheimr »