Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 53128 times)

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
I was not in designer mode.  It's possible that I was in SpaceMaster mode, though.  I turn that on a fair bit, and sometimes leave it on.  I have never enabled designer mode, and I'm not sure what it is.  Having just now found it on my Game menu, I'm pretty sure I've never seen that dialog box before.

It's possible that there had been a previous robot attack.  I'm not certain.  There hadn't been any other kind of ground combat, though.

Re bombardment: I wasn't attacking the robot troops with ships or PDCs.  It's possible that I'd given the infantry orders to attack.  That's not my usual robot-handling technique and it's not likely, but it's not something I absolutely wouldn't do.  I don't remember for certain.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
Fighters in PDCs located in an inhospitable environment suffer morale penalties when their intended deployment period is exceeded. As fighters typically have very, very short deployment times, this means that ground-based fighter facilities are no longer feasible, unless within range of a populated planet.

Carriers can venture deep into empty space without its fighter pilots getting morale penalties, no matter how short their intended deployment period is. A PDC with hangar capacity should be able to keep them happy the same way, no matter where it is placed.

PDCs were set to ignore morale - unfortunately that meant their clocks were not advancing and fighters in PDC hangars were falling back on their own clocks. PDCs will now behave just like any other ships.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2012, 08:39:09 AM »
I was not in designer mode.  It's possible that I was in SpaceMaster mode, though.  I turn that on a fair bit, and sometimes leave it on.  I have never enabled designer mode, and I'm not sure what it is.  Having just now found it on my Game menu, I'm pretty sure I've never seen that dialog box before.

It's possible that there had been a previous robot attack.  I'm not certain.  There hadn't been any other kind of ground combat, though.

Re bombardment: I wasn't attacking the robot troops with ships or PDCs.  It's possible that I'd given the infantry orders to attack.  That's not my usual robot-handling technique and it's not likely, but it's not something I absolutely wouldn't do.  I don't remember for certain.

Thanks for the info. Definitely something weird going on here. I'll keep looking into it.

Steve

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2012, 12:06:28 AM »
I have a campaign with no ai nprs or spoilers enabled, and no npr generation, and occasionally build orders from what I presume are your campaign are leaking into mine on various colonies. No messages are being brought up that I can't build things(probably because there are no construction resources on these empty worlds), and it is not otherwise causing any issues or problems. I deleted yours from my copy of the database, so that might be responsible. My reasoning for that is simply to get the smallest database possible per game, but I'm not sure how much if any that helps me out.

Offline Paul Tankersley

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=5448. msg57502#msg57502 date=1353155700
The problem is that I am using a long variable instead of a double to store the last launch time (which is stored for all ships even if they never enter a hangar).  Because your game has been running for a long time, the number of seconds passed the game has exceeded the capacity of the database field.  This is fixed for v6. 20 but will continue to affect current games. 

If anyone wants to fix this for a current game and has Access, you need to change the data type of the LastLaunchTime in the Ship table to Double (or currency).

Steve

I would love to fix this as I have an extra 12 clicks each turn now. . .  however, do I not need a password?

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
On the Technology Report window, which you bring up by pressing "View Tech" on the Class Design window, renaming missile engines doesn't seem to work.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
On the Technology Report window, which you bring up by pressing "View Tech" on the Class Design window, renaming missile engines doesn't seem to work.
In addition you cannot obsolete old designs. By that I mean you can obsolete them in the tech report screen but they still appear in the missile design screen.
IanD

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
There's a freighter with a capacity of 100,000 tons.  In its hold are 4,000 units of Corbomite and 4,000 units of Uridium.  Available cargo space is 84,000 / 100,000.  This freighter is a one-ship TG.

I've got a colony, Alpha Centauri Tertius, that has no mines and is building financial centres.  It has 330 corbomite on hand, and no other minerals.  Its reserve levels of Corbomite and Uridium are 600.  Reserve levels for all other minerals are 0.

I instruct the freighter to move to Alpha Centauri Tertius and queue a 1-day time slice.  23 hours later, the freighter arrives without errors.

A few packets have landed in the meantime.  Now the colony has 30 Neutronium, 350 Corbomite, and 17 Tritanium.

I instruct the freighter to "Load/Unload Minerals to Reserve Level" at Alpha Centauri Tertius and queue a 1-day time slice.  I get an "Error 3420 generated by DAO.Recordset, Object invalid or no longer set."

I dismiss that dialog and it pops up a second time.  I dismiss it again and the turn generates normally.  30 minutes elapse and I get a message that the freighter has completed orders.  The colony has 350 corbomite and no other minerals.  The freighter has 30 Neutronium, 4,000 Corbomite, 17 Tritanium, and 4,000 Uridium.

I expected the freighter, in addition to picking up the neutronium and tritanium, to unload 250 corbomite and 600 uridium to bring the colony up to its reserve levels.  Is that what it's supposed to do?

Offline draanyk

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
.....you do realize if your REZ 1 sensor is covering all the planets in sol, you don't need any other sensor? (HOLY CRAP!!!) :o

as for the issue.....you think they might have developed cloaking tech?  ???

Huh, good point. That'll save me 100HS and the likely huge build cost of those sensors. I actually didn't realize how much range 6.7b km really is in relation to a solar system. The result was that I decided I didn't need sensor outposts on every colonized planet.   ;)
As for cloaking, I don't have any confirmation, but this seems unlikely considering how early in the game I was. And this was a generated NPR, so it would have had even less time to develop, I think. Would their cloak, if they had one, even be effective at 2b km considering the ranges for all of the actives I was using, and the range/power of my passives? Plus I had seen all of the other versions of that same ship enter my system (at least 3 other instances).

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
All of a sudden I am getting the following error:

Error in Orbiting Fleet

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by 0

If I keep clicking ok for a while it goes away the turn advances so I'm not sure what is causing this.

Offline Paul.B

• Petty Officer
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
Happened during a 5 day increment with Auto-turns enabled:

Error in CreateGameLog
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure called or Argument

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
I currently have a problem with auto assignment of naval commanders. Any commander with the rank of Commodore and above will not assign to ships with that level as the minimum required rank. They will, however, happily assign to ships with a lower requirement.

In my game Commodores is a rank 4 naval officer.

I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, but I suppose it is not.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
All of a sudden I am getting the following error:

Error in Orbiting Fleet

Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by 0

If I keep clicking ok for a while it goes away the turn advances so I'm not sure what is causing this.

I get that if I try to orbit an asteroid.  I imagine there's a divide by zero or an overflow because of the nil gravity.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
yes it was orbiting an asteroid the odd thing is that it worked fine before this...it was just suddenly attempting to do a 5k km extended orbit caused this problem.  What is very very wierd is that this is the 4th Asteroid I have done this for, and the second time I've done it with this particular asteroid and only now do I get the error.

I stopped doing the extended orbit and the error messages stopped.  I'm somewhat confused though why they started...

Offline DoktorV

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
If I click on the gray blank space under the list of imminent events on the Player Race Production Overview screen, I get the following every single time:
Error in cmdStepTime_Click, Error 3078

Clicking through that leads to a pile of errors 91, then a bunch of errors 381, then a 3075, then some more 91.   Somewhere during this process the game seems to forget what race you were controlling and all the menus go blank.   If you select default race again the game seems to play normally afterwards. 

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, running in compatibility mode for XP-SP3.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:48:22 PM by DoktorV »